forum

Multilingual Speakers: Interested in FAQ Translation?

posted
Total Posts
show more
[deleted user]
I would volunteer to translate the FAQ into Mandarin and Indonesian. Malay may be a bit of a problem but I don't see why I can't try. Well, I have to, at least, complete my examinations first. I'm quite competent with the other two. My grasp of Japanese isn't very good yet, so I won't want to try. D:

How's the translations coming about?
MaybeLater_x
I think translating the FAQ is a wonderful idea. :] But what about the game? Would the text in the actual application need to be translated as well, for players ease? I guess it's pretty easy to find out what buttons do what by trial-and-error, though. :P

I'm actually surprised no one's offered to do German or French. Thought they would be more popular. I'm learning them but I don't know them well enough to do a translation.
Echo
Adding multi-language support to the game is one of the long-term goals for Osu!, but it got out-voted by OpenGL support and Storyboard editor. That doesn't mean it won't be in the game, it just won't be there until much later.
Sakimichi
I could do a Tagalog [Filipino] Bisaya [Native filipino] Translation :D
James
Tagalog is hard. Thats why I don't bother translating. And IMO Taglish sucks.
Nharox
I can translate the FAQ into german.
Olinad
I sent italian translation to peppy yesterday, I hope he received it... I won't be here in the next 2 months :lol:
Koopser
Well, I can do Portuguese (Brazilian one, it's slighlty different). Just need to know how and when.
Inozuma
I can do the french one.
Olinad
OMG, the FAQs all changed with the new website! I'll wait for peppy to add other translations before translating the differences again :)
Inozuma
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
awp

Inozuma wrote:

And by the way, can we edit images to translate them into another language (french in my case)
I think the good Doctor planned ahead for this, as most images have a number-based legend to make translating them easy. For the ones that have English words written on them, it's pretty easy to edit those images.
Inozuma
Ok, thanks for the reply.
I'm going to edit them in that way.
AgentSieg
Have the german and spanish ones already been done? If not I could do them.

I could also do a catalan version.
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
ElfoVampiro
i can translate to portuguese!
[deleted user]
DarkPeppe
i know that i'm a n00b but i can translate the faq from english to italian 8-)
Mara

DarkPeppe wrote:

i know that i'm a n00b but i can translate the faq from english to italian 8-)
10 days old, but...

peppy wrote:

Please refer to this post if you are still interested and haven't yet gained access for your language.
OEvil
What About translating it to Arabic? (FAQ)
And there is no Arabic Wiki
TrinitehFoarse
Can do Turkish.