forum

Madoka Magica Mafia - The Cycle Continues

posted
Total Posts
show more
Drezi
And the only reason I turned to such a lynches, is that noone gave a damn about my case on you, everyone just townread you because omg it's Sakura, she posts nice things must be town. At that point, if anything I shouldn't have let my frustration show with posts like this, I'll be more careful I guess.

Drezi wrote:

Sakura wrote:

Also that kind of attitude is going to make it pretty hard for anyone to scumhunt without you getting in the way... sigh.
Yeah, better lynch me I'm so getting in the way of poor innocent towns trying to scumhunt.

Drezi wrote:

Sakura wrote:

would you rather lynch Drezi with me
That's amusing, but it'll have to be an NK if you want me dead :^)
Sakura
Hmm perhaps so.
I thought you voted beeboy too back then.
And I knew you weren't going to follow me, that's part of why you had to die so I could take control as "town" leader :P

But most of my rant is to beeboy's "I knew she was scum but ppl wouldn't follow" If anyone actually tried was Frostings.
beeboy123
D1 - wanted Sakura lynch
D2 - SNB was anti town
D3 - I didn't realize Dake targeting a scum was gg
D4 - too late to play around things like godfather as we were in MyLo

That is basically a summery of my thought process
beeboy123
Also I was pressuring Sakura as I was going under the assumption there was no godfather so town would have known Sakura was scum d4. Town would have lost either way but I am getting hate for my play this game so I may as well show you my thought process throughout it.
beeboy123
Also scum could take advantage of inactivity as NH was able to get prodded 3 times (unless my eyes fail which happens a lot without glasses) but could get away with it
Sakura
tbf i was legit busy during most of D2, I never lied about that.
Sakura
But it's still interesting to see how everyone's inner demons come to surface when a game like this happens.
Kind of reminds me why I didn't want to play here, I get a good scum game for once and all I see is town blaming each other.
Oh well...
Drezi
Well sorry about that, I know I should be more tolerant, I'll just refrain from joining games I likely wouldn't enjoy too much. Well this was a replace in too, I did not sign up originally.
Sephibro
the day 3 no lynch was hilarious

most clever town ever
NoHitter
@beeboy123
I was also legitimately busy during those days.
DakeDekaane
Town making contracts in early game was really a bad play, that and town apathy just boosted scum more :(

It was a good game though.
Topic Starter
Amianki
I was kind of surprised no one ever tried to organize contracts. It was the biggest balance point when designing/balancing this setup.
Navizel

DakeDekaane wrote:

Town making contracts in early game was really a bad play, that and town apathy just boosted scum more :(

It was a good game though.
no real reason for me to make a contract so early though that's why i didn't. kill-immune is so good.
Sakura
The funny part is that I predicted the game would end before anyone vanillized if none of our team got lynched, which is why i had no qualms contracting N1.
Topic Starter
Amianki

Sakura wrote:

The funny part is that I predicted the game would end before anyone vanillized if none of our team got lynched, which is why i had no qualms contracting N1.
Another big balance point. It was initially shorter but now I see froggy would've been most likely correct that no one would've really done it at all if it wasn't extended.
Sakura
I just realized.
You guys never asked Gumica for his protect targets... or rather he never mentioned them
DUN DUN DUN.
Tanzklaue
the problem with osu towns is that they depend on the experienced people to solve the game for them.

so they never target experienced players.

so... yea. that's kinda bad. allows you to manipulate town easily if oyu have any kind of reputation.

look at the recently concluded mafia games and you'll see that if scum has at least one "forum elder", they'll most likely win unless town randomlynches or randomvigs him.
Gumica
Yeah i was surprized noone asked me about my targets. but in the end, they wouldn't matter anyways, since i'd say i protected people i townreaded and tought they'd get eliminated from my PoV
Gumica
So technically, it wouldn't change much :>
Sakura
http://www.twitch.tv/sakura301/c/5345907
This happened earlier when i was streaming Madoka Magica playing online with a friend of mine.
Topic Starter
Amianki
Here be the extra flavor I never got to putting up until now, the contracted ability flavor:

Kanome Madoka
Contracted Action: Your powers amplify your ambitions, even enough to provide yourself with a direct mental link to one other player in the game. You will open a neighborhood with that player which will be permanently open. Note that if one of you dies, the link will still remain active.

Akemi Homura
Contracted Action: Your time powers become even more potent, allowing you to turn back time for a single night phase. You will pay close attention to everyone who dies this night phase, then return back and prevent all deaths from happening. Note that you will be only able to protect any specific person from one kill. Only deaths from this night phase are prevented.

Miki Sayaka
Contracted Action: You have witnessed for yourself the consequences of forming a contract and you have begun to fall into despair. You can take your emotions out on another player in the game, reducing them to a deceased pulp. Basically, you kill them.

Sakura Kyouko
Contracted Action: You have sworn to yourself that you will not use your abilities for anyone but yourself, and this egotistical view has rubbed off on your personality. Now you believe that you are more important than everyone else. You can select a player tonight and steal their vote for the next day phase. These votes can be used on different players.

Tomoe Mami
Contracted Action: The truth is too much for you. Now you understand the true secrets behind becoming a magical girl, and your mind can’t take the pressure. For this night phase, anyone who targets you becomes roleblocked.

Momoe Nagisa
Contracted Ability: You just had to take this a step further, didn’t you? You’ve gained the ability to switch places with another player for this night phase. This means that the player is removed from the game for that night phase. But wait, why is that the only effect? I guess you got bored and went home afterwards.

Kyubey
Contracted Action: Congratulations on forming a contract with yourself. Since you can’t really contract with yourself, you can instead temporarily provide yourself with a partner of your own species that will do exactly the same things you do! You gain a double vote for the next day, but it’s both compulsive and only usable on the same person.

Walpurgisnacht
Contracted Action: Your presence is intimidating now that you’re here, but I guess you’re not really all that interested in doing anything destructive yet. You are currently more interested in causing these puny humans to panic even more at your presence. You can intimidate any player in the game to use their ability on you each night phase, if they would use one. Unfortunately, you can only use this on one player at a time.