Fireworks! Need water!
Topic Starter
ClawViper

[MY] yummy90 XP wrote:

duan100_ wrote:

U ORGANIZERS ARE F***ING CRAZY Q.Q
The sudden increase in difficulty of no-mods songs, I agree

/ gives cookie
Sorry, I have no control over the map pool, and to be honest it is really more difficult than I anticipated (I personally thought this should be Week 5/6 mappools instead of 3/4...) However, voicing your opinions about the map pool here will definitely help if [ -Scarlet- ] sees this.
Rumia-
ginkiha - EOS -Long Version- [Daybreak] (HanzeR)
Starving Trancer - New Gravity [Expert] (fanzhen0019)
i just feel like this 2 map doesnt fit for this round to be honest.
Topic Starter
ClawViper
OMWT Week 3 Day 1

Only two matches today since 3 people doesn't seem to like Friday nights and changed their match to a weekend.

9:00pm - xIcedTea vs walaowey - 11 votes for xIcedTea and 2 for walaowey, xIcedTea is the clear favourite for this matchup. He is also a relatively established mouse + keyboard player in Malaysia, being ranked 32 in Malaysia, while walaowey is extremely low ranked. However, from my match against walaowey, I expect him to put up a performance that is stronger than what his rank suggests! Maybe not enough to pull off the upset, but a performance he can be proud of.

11:00pm - NazzzF vs [MY] Yummy90 XP - 10 votes for NazzzF and 2 for Yummy. NazzzF is one of the title contenders in the tournament, while Yummy is an established player known for his good aim. Can Yummy give Naz a run for his money? I think Yummy is more than capable of taking a game or more.

Matches will be streamed live on the Osu Malaysia Twitch channel.
NazzzF
4th seeded in the tournament and cant even pass hardrock maps, noice mappool scarlet
Topic Starter
ClawViper
OMWT Week 3 Day 1 results
walaowey walkover xIcedTea
NazzzF 4-1 [MY] yummy90 XP

OMWT Week 3 Day 2

7:00pm: duan100_(3 votes) vs Wilbell (8 votes) - Wilbell can be known to be rather inconsistent in multiplayer, while duan100_ is a rather unknown player in the Malaysian scene, ranked outside the top 100. Wilbell is expected to win if he is able to play his normal game, but can duan100_ show signs of potential by taking a game or even more?

8:00pm: Chloe_miku(3 votes) vs Leminine (10 votes) - Leminine suffered a shock loss to Conflict in an exciting match in week 1. Chloe_miku, similar to duan100_ is a rather unknown player at the top level of competition. The edge is with Leminine.

9:00pm: SolarFox (4 votes) vs Yuu-Chii (6 votes) - A very new player to the Malaysian scene goes up against one of the 'old guard' who was a former top player in Malaysia years ago, representing Malaysia in the OWC 3 years ago. Will SolarFox show that the new blood is in control now, or will Yuu-Chii show that despite barely playing, he continues to stay a step ahead of the new generation?

10:00pm: onoz (1 vote) vs L u m i n o u s (12 votes) - The vote says it all. Against one of the established top players in Malaysia, onoz stands a herculean task against L u m i n o u s.

11:00pm: ExPew (10 votes) vs sushipack321 (3 votes) - Unable to get leave in week 1 and playing at his workplace with a mouse, ExPew's loss was probably the biggest upset alongside Leminine in round 1. Now in the loser's bracket, he seeks to show his real strength - now with his tablet.

11:00pm (unstreamed): arebang9462 (4 votes) vs ZYuan (9 votes) - arebang9462 did not turn up for his week one match. The big question is, will he turn up for his match against ZYuan?

12:00am: ffstar0716 (10 votes) vs Conflict (3 votes) - ffstar, our mouse-only representative for OWC 2014, known for his consistency in multiplayer goes up against the giant-killer Conflict, who created the biggest upset in week 1 versus Leminine. Will Conflict continue his giant-killing feat, or will ffstar stop him in his tracks?

Matches will be streamed live on the Osu Malaysia Twitch channel.
Cozaar
To bad do not have the skills yet :(
Maybe next year!
Topic Starter
ClawViper
OMWT Week 3 Day 2 results
L u m i n o u s 4-2 onoz
ExPew 4-3 sushipack321
ZYuan 4-0 arebang9462
ffstar0716 4-3 Conflict

Congratulations to all the winners! I'm really happy to see players giving such good fights against established players, such as sushipack321 and Conflict taking the favourites all the way to a tiebreaker, amazing stuff! Conflict has done exceptionally well in the first round and even now!

Leminine walkover Chloe_miku
duan100_ walkover Wilbell
SolarFox walkover Yuu-Chii

OMWT Week 3 Day 3 Write-up
3pm - TequilaWolf (8 votes) vs AkoSuminoe (6 votes): Considered by many to be the match to watch in this second round of the winner's bracket, this match-up showcases a very interesting battle between two players known to be the few leading mouse + keyboard players in the country.

AkoSuminoe: I wonder who is more consistent in multiplayer.
TequilaWolf: Ako is a really good player, I think this match can go either way and it will be a close fight. If it goes to tiebreaker though I say I have the edge because I have 50m on that \:D/

8pm - MoyBei (4 votes) vs Talent2find98 (9 votes): The winner of the amateur division of the OMUC gets another try at another one of the higher-ranked players in the tournament. While he finds NazzzF too difficult to handle, can he cause an upset here?

9pm - ClawViper (13 votes) vs [ Jewel Loli ] (1 votes): Jewel Loli is not to be underestimated, with his convincing performance in the first round against xIcedTea.

10pm (unstreamed): -Takamina- (5 votes) vs D e s (8 votes): arebang9462 actually turned up for his match yesterday... will -Takamina- turn up as well, or will he continue the ponteng trend?

10pm - caleb123456 (9 votes) vs Rawn (2 votes): Caleb's overconfidence in the first round made the score against duan100_ seem much closer than the match really was, but I don't think he can afford to be overconfident against Rawn, who knocked out Wilbell in a truly close match.

11pm - Rumia (8 votes) - vs Rampax (2 votes): Not many people would give Rampax any chance at all a few months ago, but with the New Year the much-improved Rampax has a point to prove that he is indeed one of the leading and improving players in Malaysia, while Rumia- seeks to establish that the top players in Malaysia are still a step above the next generation. A battle of the old vs new!
Karatine
Requesting for my match to be postpone to week 5, if possible.
week 4 match postpone to week 5 and week 5 match on week 5 if I can win week 4 match. ggwp..
I'm going back to college right away now.. bai
EDIT: if can't then I happily forfeit ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
EDIT2: will try to play on laptop. There's no way I will forfeit!
EDIT3: Cancel request to postpone.. gg university best life...
Topic Starter
ClawViper
Sorry for not giving the latest updates, I was busy on Friday and Saturday. Now I've settled down, here's the update for OMWT Week 4, which only features Loser's Bracket matches.

Conflict vs walaowey and Rampax vs Talent2find98's matches have been postponed.

Rawn beat ExPew 4-3 in an extremely tight and exciting match to cause a huge upset in the loser's bracket by knocking out one of the dark horses of the tournament. Well done Shu MeYo!!

Tonight, we will feature 3 matches if all goes well.
1. 9pm - onoz (9 votes) vs duan100_ (3 votes) : onoz put up a good fight against L u m i n o u s last week, and against the lower-ranked duan, he is expected to progress.
2. 10pm - TequilaWolf (7 votes) vs ZYuan (5 votes): After a disappointing meltdown by TequilaWolf against AkoSuminoe last week, he seeks to redeem himself against ZYuan. However, ZYuan has also proved to be a strong competitor against _AI, so TequilaWolf's consistency will be really tested to the max.
3. 11pm - [MY] yummy90 XP (7 votes) vs Yuu-Chii (2 votes): While Yummy managed to steal a point from one of the favourites NazzzF last week, I thought that he had the ability to perform better than his showing last week. Interesting battle as Yuu-Chii proved that he still has the ability as a former Malaysian top player against SolarFox in the previous round.
ChouChoX
i forget who i discuss ******** to make prize big...who :?:
Topic Starter
ClawViper
OMWT Week 5 Summary

TequilaWolf vs Rawn
Rawn started off nervously in the map he picked, Little Princess with some simple misses, while TequilaWolf maintained a decent combo to take game 1. TequilaWolf then demonstrated his skill in playing maps like Yumemi Sunrise, racing off to a 2-0 lead. However, Rawn managed to surprise viewers by beating one of the top stream players in a stream map - Snow Storm. He impressed even further by keeping a high combo on one of the most difficult maps in the mappool, the last dead Angel, levelling the score to 2-2. He also had a healthy lead when TequilaWolf kept missing at the start of Himitsu, and looked to be going 3-2 up but TequilaWolf made an amazing comeback with a 990x combo to be the one going 3-2 up instead, before finishing the deal with Bondage Anemonation, sealing a comfortable 4-2 victory after some trouble.

Talent2find98 vs [ Jewel Loli ]
Before Jewel Loli knew what hit him, Talent2find98 raced to a 3-0 lead, showing his skill at high Approach Rate maps with the hard rock picks of Hoshizora no Ima and Fuuga. Jewel Loli also performed dismally, perhaps due to nervousness on his own pick of Yumemi Sunrise.
Then, Jewel Loli woke up, with extremely convincing victories in his NoMod picks of Omoide Kakera and Snow Storm, and also beat Talent2find98 at his Double Time pick of Sentimental Love in a dramatic comeback to bring the match to 3-3, showing stable aim and streaming ability throughout as Talent2find98 struggled with reading any AR less than 10. Talent2find98's inability to read AR9 failed him dismally in the tiebreaker, as Jewel Loli marched out the amazing comeback from 0-3 down in almost as quick a fashion as Talent2find98 raced to a 3-0 lead.

Conflict vs [MY] Yummy90 XP
Conflict, from his extremely strong performances against ffstar0716 and Leminine earlier in the tournament came in as the favourite, and he opened up the match in style with an impressive Full Combo on Omoide Kakera. It was a tightly contest second game, with him coming out with a narrow 240,000 point victory in the Last Dead Angel. It looked as if he was about to seal the deal with an amazing 1000 combo on Himitsu, going 3-0 up. However, he fell short on his Snow Storm pick, breaking repeatedly, giving Yummy a chance. Yummy picked up another point from his pick of Yumemi Sunrise, making the comeback appear believable. However, Conflict finished him off with an amazing 1000 combo on Sentimental Love DT with just a sliderbreak, proving that he is indeed the biggest dark horse in the whole OMWT.

D e s vs onoz
D e s was the favourite coming in to this match, and he certainly played much better compared to his first round whitewash by AkoSuminoe. The first game showed promise of a close match, with D e s taking the game with a 1 million point victory. However, it became apparent in Omoide Kakera that D e s had superior aim, obtaining a comfortable 700 combo in comparison to onoz's 291. onoz, 0-2 down decided to play one of the trickiest maps of the tournament in High School Love HD, but failed to take the game from D e s. With D e s picking and 3-0 up, he comfortably finished onoz off with an impressive 786 combo on Flower Flag with HR, with only one sliderbreak, making it a whitewash.

ClawViper vs Rumia-
ClawViper's full thoughts/point-of-view:
Part 1, Part 2
Rumia-'s thoughts

caleb123456 vs AkoSuminoe
caleb123456 came into the tournament as the heavy favourite, and was also the heavy favourite in this matchup. In the first game, AkoSuminoe pulled off an impressive full combo in Snow Storm which was Caleb's pick, indicating to Caleb that he is not to be underestimated. However, in his pick of Bondage Anemonation, he made several errors which allowed Caleb to mete out a narrow but comfortable victory of 1 million points. Caleb smartly picked Hoshizora no Ima HR, where AkoSuminoe failed to maintain any semblance of a combo at all, and dominated the game to make it 2-1. AkoSuminoe decides to pick Little Princess, but an early sliderbreak set him back and Caleb nearly full combo'd the map, dominating Ako's pick as well. With Caleb's pick, it looked like he would be out to seal the game, but it was a tense battle as both players maintained their full combo all the way to 1029x combo, where both amazingly broke at the same slow slider! Caleb managed to FC the rest of the map after breaking there to claim the victory as Ako missed once after that rhythm-disrupting slider, to make it a 4-1 victory, confirming that he is indeed the heavy favourite in the tournament.

NazzzF vs ffstar0716
A match that people were anticipating, there was a lot of pressure on the shoulders of both players. ffstar0716 opened up the match with Fuuga HR, but his nerves betrayed him as he never got further than 400 combo, while NazzzF obtained a convincing 689 combo to take the first game. With two DT bans against him, NazzzF opted for the remaining DT pick. Both players appeared riddled with nerves and were unable to maintain a decent combo, with NazzzF edging ahead by a million points towards the end. ffstar0716 then chose Shining Needle, hoping that slow streams with heavy aim requirement is something out of NazzzF's league - however, NazzzF proved once again that he is to be considered one of the most all-rounded players, as he controlled the streams beautifully to gain an early advantage as ffstar0716 broke first. However, it got extremely exciting towards the end as NazzzF struggled to read and aim the spaced streams while ffstar0716 built up a combo, threatening to come back. However, it wasn't enough and NazzzF went 3-0 up. With NazzzF's pick and him being 3-0 up, he ended the match with 4-0 with Hoshizora no Ima HR, as ffstar0716 never looked as if he ever found any rhythm or momentum in the game besides his performance on Little Princess.

_AI vs L u m i n o u s
_AI, who stated that he was going to quit playing osu! standard after this tournament had already sold his tablet, and was using the mouse + keyboard playstyle to play for this match. L u m i n o u s was the heavy favourite. However, the first game became unexpectedly exciting as it appeared that L u m i n o u s experienced some trouble reading the jumps in Diamond with the Hidden mod, grabbing an extremely narrow 90,000 point victory over _AI, who is known for his Hidden skills back when he was actively playing. However, the promise of a close match fizzled out as L u m i n o u s proved his superiority in his picks of Yumemi Sunrise and Hoshizora no Ima HR where he never looked to be threatened at all, and even nearly obtained a full combo on Omoide Kakera if it was not for a mere sliderbreak.
Topic Starter
ClawViper
OMWT Week 6 Summary
Pick and Ban stats for map pool for weeks 5 and 6
Things to note
Come Back to my Heart (HD) has the MOST bans with ZERO picks. This implies that this was targeted heavily against players who can play HD and most people are unable to play this map.
Anesthesia (DT) has a 100% win rate, winning 3 out of 3 of player picks. 2 of them were against ffstar0716, LOL!
Snow Storm (NoMod) was played the most times, with a winrate of 5 out of 9 picks.
Hard Rock, which was previously unpopular has become the most popular mod with the highest pick rate out of all mods, not including NoMod!

Results
Loser's Bracket Round 4
ffstar0716 vs TequilaWolf
After a 0-4 whitewash by NazzzF last week, the pressure was on ffstar0716 to recover his confidence, and what a difficult first test it was, against another top 10 player in the loser's bracket, TequilaWolf, who was strong on confidence after taking out both ZYuan and Rawn with a respectable 4-2 scoreline over the past two weeks. TequilaWolf, winning the roll opened up the match with Anesthesia DT, where he managed to get an impressive 886 combo, showing strong consistency in his bursts to go 1-0 up. ffstar0716 responded quickly with a NoMod pick of Omoide Kakera, where he showed that he was not pressured by going 0-1 down to stay stable and FC Omoide Kakera with only 5x100s to level it at 1-1. Confident from the victory in the first DT pick, TequilaWolf proceeded to pick Sentimental Love, and came out on top in a DT pick again, albeit with a narrower victory of 2 million points to make it 2-1. Thinking that TequilaWolf might be weak at HR, ffstar0716 picked Hoshizora no Ima HR, which he would immediately turn to regret, as TequilaWolf proved ffstar0716 that his HR is not weak at all with a whopping 870 combo, obtaining the highest combo for this particular map in the tournament and proceeded to hold match point at 3-1. With his turn to pick, TequilaWolf decided against HR possibly due to his inconsistency, and picked Himitsu instead, but he was unable to build a decent combo as ffstar0716 stayed solid under pressure to take the game to bring it back to 2-3. With his final pick, it was do-or-die for ffstar and he boldly picked Snow Storm against TequilaWolf, despite the fact that TequilaWolf was known to be good at streams. ffstar showed amazing consistency under pressure as he Full Comboed Snow Storm in an extremely impressive mouse streaming performance as TequilaWolf wilted under the pressure. With the score at 3-3, it was time for the tiebreaker - Happy End of the World. And what a tiebreaker it was, with both players maintaining their combo throughout the slow parts. However, it was TequilaWolf who broke first at 800 combo, as ffstar continued to show his amazing consistency to 1100 combo. After that, both players broke repeatedly during the tougher parts of the map, and the damage done by ffstar getting a 1100 combo proved to be the deciding factor as TequilaWolf was never able to close the gap, giving ffstar0716 a 4-3 victory - a true display of consistency and calm while being on the verge of defeat.

AkoSuminoe vs Conflict
A match between two touted as the players with strong potential to break the current top 10, it promised to be an exciting match-up. AkoSuminoe opened the match with his pocket pick of Snow Storm, which proved to be a brutal demolition as he confidently FC'd the map while Conflict struggled to combo the map to make it 1-0. Conflict replied with a HR pick of Flower Flag, which brutally exposed AkoSuminoe's weakness as Ako missed repeatedly throughout the map. While both players did not obtain a notable combo, Conflict was more consistent in comboing, resulting in a comfortable victory to level it at 1-1. AkoSuminoe then went for his next pocket pick, Little Princess, where he once again put up a very strong performance, obtaining 900 combo against Conflict's 600, and never looked in danger of losing this game. Conflict, who already noted Ako's weakness replied with Hoshizora no Ima HR. It appeared to be a repeat of the scenario seen in Flower Flag, where both players were unable to obtain a decent combo, but Conflict came out on top once again with more consistency to level it 2-2. AkoSuminoe's third pick was one of the trickiest maps in the tournament, High School Love HD. Conflict appeared to be unable to respond or read the map at all, and collapsed to let AkoSuminoe go into the lead at 3-2. Conflict, being match point down went for the DT pick of Anesthesia, and put up an extremely impressive performance on it, FC-ing the map with incredible consistency in his bursts, levelling it for the 3rd time at 3-3. However, there has to be a winner, and that's what the tiebreaker - Happy End of the World is for. Conflict's earlier composure in his 3rd pick, however appeared to vanish. AkoSuminoe built up a 800 combo before moving into the fast part of the tiebreaker, while Conflict kept breaking again and again, unable to make any headway into the tiebreaker. In such a close match, it appeared almost anticlimatic as AkoSuminoe won the tiebreaker and the match 4-3 against a nervous Conflict in the end.

ClawViper vs D e s
ClawViper came into the matchup as the clear favourite, while D e s had nothing to lose and everything to gain. D e s looked to be well-prepared as he banned two maps that are known to be maps that ClawViper is very confident in - Yumemi Sunrise and Come Back to My Heart HD. The match appeared to be a one-sided affair at the initial stages, as ClawViper dominated the first two games, in D e s' Hoshizora no Ima HR pick and his own pick of Diamond HD where he had a mere 1x100 from an early sliderbreak. However, D e s proved that he is not prepared to get rolled over by ClawViper as he picked Omoide Kakera, and showed very good consistency in getting 1138 combo, while ClawViper only managed 700 combo after missing early and sliderbreaking at the stream section. ClawViper looked set to go 3-1 up after picking one of trickiest HD maps - High School Love where he is strongly favoured to win as D e s did not appear to be a capable HD player. However, ClawViper missed nearly every stream in the map and put up a strangely poor performance, allowing D e s to level the score at 2-2 with a difference of a mere 200,000 points! D e s proceeded to pick the Last Dead Angel, which turned out to be an extremely tight affair - in a negative way, as both players broke again and again, which was a clear indicator of the nerves and pressure on both players - ClawViper facing the pressure of losing once again to a lower-ranked player, while D e s feeling the pressure as he realised that he actually has a real chance of obtaining victory in the match. Eventally, ClawViper edged D e s out with another extremely narrow victory of 300,000 points to make it 3-2. With game point, ClawViper's final pick was Bondage Anemonation DT. Once again, both players put up very unconvincing performances as they repeatedly broke, but ClawViper managed to stay slightly more consistent with a higher max combo to claim victory at 4-2. Besides the first three games, the match between the clear favourite and the underdog appeared to be a match of nerves and it was certainly a truly disappointing performance from both players in the last two games, especially ClawViper whose performance puts a huge question mark into his ability to be a contender for a top 3 finish.

[ Jewel Loli ] beat _AI by default as _AI did not turn up for his match.

Loser's Bracket Round 5
ffstar0716 vs [ Jewel Loli ]
After a nail-biting match against TequilaWolf, ffstar0716 this time was a clear favourite against the much lower-ranked [ Jewel Loli ]. The match started in humour, where both players rolled the same amount of points. However, after the reroll, it was all serious business as [ Jewel Loli ] picked the most picked map in this map pool - Snow Storm, without apparently being aware that ffstar0716 FC'd the very same map against TequilaWolf just a few days before. It certainly proved unwise, as ffstar0716 got off to a 1-0 lead - he did not FC the map again, but maintained a decent combo of 546 against Jewel Loli's 498 to win by a comfortable 1.9 million points. ffstar0716 then picked the Last Dead Angel, the only CS5 map in the NoMod map pool. Jewel Loli got the early lead, as ffstar0716 appeared to struggle with controlling his nerves at the early stages of the map. However, he pulled himself together really well to obtain a 649 combo to make it 2-0. Jewel Loli, noticing ffstar0716's double DT ban then decided that his best option was to pick the remaining DT map - Anesthesia, where he put up a more convincing performance, obtaining 600 combo while ffstar0716 broke repeatedly the bursts, managing only 400. ffstar0716 appeared to lose his composure at the beginning of his next pick - Yumemi Sunrise, where he broke repeatedly for the first quarter of the map, giving Jewel Loli a considerable 2 million point lead. However, Jewel Loli appeared to struggle heavily with this map after his initial big combo, also breaking before he can get another notable combo size. Meanwhile, ffstar0716 settled down and proceeded to FC the rest of the map after his questionable start, obtaining an impressive 1314 combo out of 1973 combo, making it 3-1. Jewel Loli then settled for Himitsu, but at just one-third of the map, he disconnected. ffstar0716 generously offered him a chance to play the map again, and it was an extremely tight and exciting affair as both players kept their combo all the way to the break with a strong 900 combo. However, ffstar broke first, and it appeared that Jewel Loli was going to be the one to win off ffstar's generousity, but he choked at a stream shortly after, and ffstar took advantage to make a comeback by combo-ing the remainder of the map while Jewel Loli missed repeatedly, finishing the match 4-1.

ClawViper vs AkoSuminoe
After a very disappointing performance yesterday, ClawViper was seeking to regain his shattered confidence against AkoSuminoe, a matchup where he again is heavily favoured to win. Both players appeared to have a game plan in mind, shown by the quick picks and bans done throughout the match. AkoSuminoe started off with his comfort pick of Little Princess, but ClawViper was prepared for it, as he racked up 1200 combo opposed to AkoSuminoe's 766 combo, winning despite his horrendous accuracy to go 1-0 up. With 2 HR bans against him and with the knowledge of AkoSuminoe's poor HR play in the previous matches, ClawViper confidently picked Hoshizora no Ima HR to go 2-0 up, only slider-breaking once. With ClawViper having banned Sentimental Love DT in the last two games but leaving it open this time, AkoSuminoe then picked it. It looked like AkoSuminoe was going to run away with the victory as ClawViper missed the first three streams of the map. However, after that he appeared to have settled down and started to combo the streams, while AkoSuminoe broke his combo at 600. ClawViper managed to rack up 700 combo and missed just once again, going 3-0 up with just a 600,000 point victory in the closest game yet! ClawViper then picked his comfort map, Yumemi Sunrise, and proceeded to FC the map, never giving AkoSuminoe a chance to even make a ghost of a comeback despite AkoSuminoe obtaining 1200 combo, taking the match 4-0 in a confident performance in stark contrast to the nervy one he demonstrated against D e s a day before.
Topic Starter
ClawViper
OMWT Week 7 Summary
Day 1 (31/1/2015)
Summary of NazzzF vs L u m i n o u s and Rumia- vs caleb123456 courtesy of TequilaWolf! Thanks for covering this
when I was away!

NazzzF 5-4 L u m i n o u s

In the first game, 1 DT map was banned by each player respectively, Naz banned a HR map and Lumi banned a HD counterpart. Beating Lumi at both his own his HR picks and also a HD ayaponzu, he raced to a 3-0 lead. However, Lumi managed to comeback in the next 3 nomod maps and made the score 3-3. After winning another one each, they made it to the ultimate boss challenge Anhedonia tiebreaker. Naz even had the balls to add HD on the freemod tiebreaker, and still managed to score a huge 1000 combo and take the game.

Rumia- 5-2 caleb123456

In the second game, caleb and Rumia banned 2 HR maps and 2 DT maps respectively, because they like to play low AR Kappa. Rumia put up an ridiculously imba performance and only had 12 (!!) misses total throughout the 7 maps played (FCing two maps in the process with 0 misses in another 2 maps). caleb wasn't that well-prepared, but still doesn't take away from the fact that Rumia played OP like a gundam (antibeat reference) and upset caleb super hard.

Day 2 (1/2/2015)
ffstar0716 5-2 caleb123456

Caleb respected ffstar hidden reading abilities with Highlander HD and Kunoichi HD bans prior to the match, while ffstar decided to go for target DT bans, taking out Electric Angel DT and My True Love DT. Ffstar started off the match with no surprises, choosing to play the unbanned HD map of Scarlet Faith, arguably the hardest HD map. Despite both players not being able to attain a notable combo, caleb's hidden reading ability was clearly inferior to ffstar's, where the final score his 3.2 million to ffstar's 7.5 million and the accuracy of 88% to ffstar's 97% tells it all. Caleb seeked to level the score with the unbanned DT map, picking Confession to no one's surprise. However, it was the outcome that people are surprised with as caleb missed and struggled throughout the DT map, losing his supposed trump card to ffstar to let ffstar go 2-0 up! ffstar then picked a niche nomod map - Gypsy Tonic, and showcased his mastery in playing these kind of tricky maps, dominating caleb to go 3-0 up. However, the return pick of Max Love by caleb proved to be a good one as he pulled one back by FC-ing Max Love, showing consistency and calm in the face of being 0-3 down to pick up his first point. Nevertheless, ffstar's pick of Neuronecia, another niche nomod map forced caleb into a corner. Caleb did not go down easily this time, but held the score close before eventually succumbing to ffstar's mastery of niche nomod maps by a difference of 2 million points. Cornered at 1-4 down, caleb picked the streamy map of squatratrice, and once again showed good consistency under pressure to pick up 842 combo, missing only near the end, doubling ffstar's score and pulled it back to 2-4. ffstar then decided to go for Gigantic OTN HR, a risky pick for both players as both of them repeatedly missed throughout the map. Caleb looked like he could force tie tiebreaker as he went into the lead with the next map being his pick, but he failed Gigantic OTN and was unable to revive himself despite having 100 combo to gift ffstar the game, and match 5-2!
Topic Starter
ClawViper
OMWT Week 8 Summary
Pick and Ban Statistics for Weeks 7+8

Postponed Match
ClawViper 5-0 L u m i n o u s

Semi-Finals
ffstar0716 5-4 ClawViper
The match was anticipated to be a highly exciting match-up, with both players showing both good and poor performances throughout the tournament, and also the clash of playstyles - One which uses a mouse only, and the other who used a tablet and keyboard, totally different input devices. The warm-up maps certainly warmed up ffstar's right hand and ClawViper's left hand. ClawViper chose to ban Gypsy Tonic and Confession, paying heavy respect to ffstar0716's ability to play non-standard maps. On the other hand, ffstar0716 showed similar respect in terms of Hard Rock, banning both Exist and Shiroi Yuki no Princess. ClawViper immediately took the hint and opened up with Gigantic OTN, the remaining HR map. ffstar0716 put up a good fight in Gigantic OTN, obtaining only two misses, but his 479 combo wasn't enough to beat ClawViper, who had 773 combo with also two misses. ffstar0716 then picked Scarlet Faith which was a comfortable map for him, known to be excellent hidden reading. True enough, ClawViper broke repeatedly at the start while ffstar0716 showed a very stable performance throughout the map. Despite settling down later and racking up a 922 combo, ClawViper's combo was just no match for ffstar0716 who just missed once and obtained 1200 combo, a comfortable lead he never let up. ClawViper then picked a DT map, My True Love. it showed promise to be a close affair at the initial stages, with both players keeping up with each other, breaking at similar areas. However, it was ClawViper who managed to rack up a 500 combo, while ffstar continually broke throughout the map. That proved to be the difference as ClawViper took home the win, making it 2-1. Ffstar then proceeded to pick squartatrice, an extremely streamy map that ClawViper struggled with. His victory was never in doubt as he only missed near the end, dominating ClawViper in the map, levelling it once more to go 2-2. ClawViper, hoping to get more from DT then turned to Electric Angel. Similar to My True Love, it was a see-saw battle, but ffstar was the one who managed to pick up a combo first, and came out ahead this time to lead for the first time in the match. Ffstar then went for another streamy NoMod pick - Just Awake. Both players fought neck-to-neck throughout the map, all the way to 700 combo where ffstar finally missed. ClawViper went on to FC the map, levelling the score once more at 3-3. ClawViper then went for Highlander, a HD pick. However, he broke early, and after 400 combo broke once more, while ffstar only missed once at 600 combo, letting ffstar get ahead once more at 4-3. Ffstar looked to close out the match with the final HD pick - Kunoichi. With ClawViper's early miss, the writing looks set in stone as ffstar appeared to be extremely stable in his HD picks. However, after an awkward miss, ClawViper managed to make the comeback as he never dropped his combo for the remainder of the map, Levelling it for the 4th time at 4-4. In order to prevent this kind of scenarios, this is what the tiebreaker is for! Both players entered the tiebreaker nervously, and it was tense as the combo continually built up, from 100 to 200 to 300. . . . . .until 1200 combo. Then, shortly after ClawViper missed a whole stream to instantly fail the map, and ffstar reached the break with his combo still intact, the match clearly in his favour. Ffstar never gave ClawViper a chance to come back, as he managed to ride the momentum all the way to 2600 combo, as ClawViper could not obtain any form of a decent combo above 500 in the later stages of the map. Before the end, the winner was already decided, with TequilaWolf the referee declaring ffstar's 5-4 victory 1 minute before the game ended. It had a rather anticlimatic end, but it was a good battle.

NazzzF 2-5 Rumia-
This match looked to be a battle of a HD player against a battle against a HR player at first glance - but as the match progressed, Rumia- was the one who proved his doubters wrong. NazzzF went for the bans against Gigantic OTN HR, and My True Love DT. Rumia- then popped a surprise, banning Gypsy Tonic and the infamous Confession DT instead of any HD picks! NazzzF then opened the match with a HD pick, Kunoichi. Rumia- struggled throughout the whole map, obtaining only a measly 286 combo as NazzzF obtained 862 combo and totally dominated the first game, leaving Rumia-'s bans difficult to understand. Rumia- quickly levelled the score with Exist HR, where he proved to be more consistent with HR, edging out NazzzF by a comfortable 3 million points. NazzzF, spurred on by his easy win in the first game then proceeded to pick another HD map, Highlander. However, this time, it wasn't only Rumia- who did not put up a convincing performance, as NazzzF also struggled with the map. Eventually, Rumia- was the one who came out ahead by 2 million points, a surprising result. Rumia- then proceeded to pick Neuronecia, one of the most non-standard maps in the mappool. His mastery of the map was put on full display, as he only sliderbroke once throughout the whole song, obtaining an amazing 900 combo, his victory never in question to go 3-1 up. NazzzF then proceeded to pick Matryoshka. The game was a tight affair, with both players staying extremely close to each other for nearly half the song, but it was Rumia- who broke right before the break, giving NazzzF a huge chance to pull away. However, NazzzF broke shortly after, obtaining only a small advantage from Rumia-'s mistake. However, what unfolded next was even more interesting, as Rumia- began to rack up a huge combo as NazzzF missed once again, going into the lead. However, as it looks like Rumia- might pull away with the match, he broke once more, and NazzzF slowly began to recover the deficit, and actually went into the lead! However, he missed at the closing stages of the song, and Rumia- managed to squeeze out a last-second comeback with a mere victory of 27,000 points to go 4-1 up! Wew! Rumia- then seeked to close out the match with Squartatrice. This time, NazzzF looked to be struggling at the initial stages as Rumia- went into a strong lead, before missing. He looked to have a solid advantage at this stage, but NazzzF began to rack up a high combo. Rumia- then missed again, as NazzzF' managed to continue to gain combo and overtake Rumia- in the closing stages of the song to bring the score to 2-4, another comeback at the closing stages! NazzzF then picked Scarlet Faith HD, arguably the hardest HD map to play in the mappool, and it looked like he was ready to get back another point. However, Rumia- surprised everyone by holding a very strong combo as NazzzF struggled to play the map, reahing 880 combo before breaking as opposed to NazzzF's 352. Rumia- came out of the match winning 5-2, to remain the only undefeated player in the tournament, waiting to see who he will face in the grand final.

Loser Bracket Final Round
NazzzF 5-4 ffstar0716
Both players went into the match with the psychological advantage to NazzzF, who had swept ffstar 4-0 earlier in the winner's bracket, and was the one who knocked ffstar into the loser's bracket. However, ffstar0716 is riding on the confidence after beating two favourites, caleb123456 and ClawViper consecutively to get this far.

NazzzF banned Gypsy Tonic and Neuronecia, both unorthodox NoMod maps that ffstar is known to be good at, while ffstar chose to ban Shiroi Yuki no Princess (HR) and Just Awake NoMod.

NazzzF opened the map with a HR pick of exist. Both players went neck-to-neck, both full combo-ing until the first break. However, ffstar broke very shortly after the break, perhaps due to nervousness, giving NazzzF the lead which he never let go of until the end. To make things worse, ffstar failed the map near the end and couldn't revive, making it 1-0 to NazzzF. Ffstar then surprised with picking the remaining HR map, Gigantic OTN. His strategy appeared to pay off initially as NazzzF appeared to struggle with the map at the end, and ffstar picked up a rather comfortable lead. However, NazzzF found his momentum shortly after, picking up 500 combo to come from behind to take the lead in the final 10 seconds of the map to make it a 2-0 lead! NazzzF then picked Electric Angel DT. Once again, the match was a ridiculously close affair, with NazzzF taking the lead in the initial stages. However, halfway through the map, ffstar started to rack up a large combo, eventually overtaking NazzzF. However, once again, NazzzF found the final burst of combo at the very end, overtaking ffstar at literally the last second, winning by 39k score to go 3-0 up! At this point, ffstar must be wondering whether everything is just against him today after 2 very narrow losses. ffstar then went for a pick which he was fairly confident with, Scarlet Faith HD, in a bid to get his first point and some confidence. His plan worked out, and it was a fairly comfortable victory as ffstar held nearly a 1000 combo to completely dominate the match, netting his first point. NazzzF then went for another DT pick - My True Love. This time, ffstar held the lead as he racked up a 500 combo, but once again, NazzzF threatened a comeback midway through, when he picked up a 400 combo. However, the break disrupted his momentum and it was not to be as he broke instantly after the break, giving ffstar his 2nd point. Ffstar then went for another one of his pocket HD picks - Kunoichi. It appears that the close battles are not coming to an end, as both players kept combo all the way until the break at 700 combo. Once again, the break proves to be a momentum and amplifies the nerves of players, as ffstar broke very soon after the break followed by NazzzF! While it looked like because NazzzF broke later, he was in prime position to win, he broke again once shortly after, allowing ffstar to come from behind to level it at 3-3 from 0-3 down! His turn to pick now, NazzzF went with Matryoshka, one of his favourite NoMod maps as he also picked it against Rumia-. NazzzF had several early misses giving ffstar the lead for the match. However, besides that, NazzzF went on to full combo the rest of the map with 886 combo, coming from behind again to finally get his 4th point. Ffstar went for the Confession DT pick, a very unorthodox DT map which he demonstrated his prowess against caleb and was banned against him by ClawViper. His prowess with unorthodox maps continued to show, as he obtained nearly 600 combo opposed to Naz's 400 combo, and it was a comfortable win for him to level it at 4-4. It was then time for the tiebreaker.

Fun fact going into the tiebreaker: Ffstar had played 3 tiebreakers against Conflict, TequilaWolf and ClawViper and won all three of them. However, NazzzF showed his confidence by putting on the Hidden mod for the tiebreaker. In the previous tiebreaker against ClawViper, ffstar obtained 2600 combo, but it was not to be this time, as he was the one who broke first at 900 combo. In fact, NazzzF was the one who continued to get a higher and higher combo, as the audience watched in awe of him obtaining up to 2626 combo with the HD mod before he finally broke. The writing was on the wall as soon as ffstar broke the second time, and he gave up the rest of the match as he knew that the comeback will not happen. Similar to the ClawViper match, it was an anticlimatic end to an amazing battle, truly one of the best matches of the tournament so far. Congratulations to ffstar0716 for taking 3rd place, and NazzzF will be the one who challenges Rumia- in the grand final of the OMWT!
Topic Starter
ClawViper
OMWT Grand Final Match Summary
Rumia- 6-2 NazzzF

Grand Final Pick and Ban Statistics by ffstar0716

Rumia- might be ranked lower, but it cannot be denied that he was the favourite going into this matchup. He was the only undefeated player in the tournament, and took out ClawViper, caleb123456 and had the psychological advantage by defeating NazzzF earlier in the winner's bracket match. Every single one of these opponents could only take 2 points off him.

For NazzzF, while his wins were not as impressive as Rumia-, taking out ffstar0716 twice in a row is no easy feat and was not to be underestimated. However, he had to beat Rumia- twice in a row if he was to take the title of OMWT champion.

NazzzF showed his preference for the HD mod in the warm-ups, putting HD for the first warm-up, and HDHR for the second, a sign that it will be his strategy for the round.

Due to Rumia- rolling a higher score, he banned Koigokoro DT and Okochoma Sensou NoMod. Koigokoro DT is understandable, as the map consists of burst streams and high paced jumps, and was in fact NazzzF's top rank. For Okochoma Sensou, it appears that he is not fond of unorthodox pattern maps. NazzzF then proceeded to ban Gold Dust HR and Yoiyama Hanabi NoMod. Once again, Yoiyama Hanabi is a difficult map with full of doubles and NazzzF showed that he does not want that in the final. Gold Dust is one of the most aim-intensive HR maps out there, and with Rumia- being renowed for his HR skills, it was a wise ban.

Rumia- picked START as his first pick. Both players appeared to suffer from nerves at the opening map of the match, as Rumia- missed once and continually sliderbroke at the beginning of the map and NazzzF also repeatedly missed. Halfway through the map, it was Rumia- who found his rhythm, and picked up a high enough combo of 394 to take a significant lead that was sufficient to close out the match, giving him first blood. NazzzF then countered the HR pick with the HD pick of Kakushigoto. This time, both players appears to have calmed down significantly as they were able to pick up combos. However, Rumia- continually broke and missed at the streams and jumps, and it was NazzzF who took the lead by racking up a 636 combo opposed to Rumia-'s 483, and held the lead all the way to the end, Rumia- never threatening to make a comeback to level the score at 1-1. The next pick by Rumia- was Wahrheit, another HR map in the tournament. NazzzF broke first and Rumia- sliderbreaking shortly after, but it appears that Rumia- has totally found his rhythm, as he full-comboed the rest of the map without much problem after his sliderbreak, while NazzzF missed several more times and never looked to be a threat. It was now up to NazzzF to pick something that would break Rumia-'s newfound confidence, and he did that perfectly with the AR10.3 DT pick in the map pool, Colourful Minutes. Both players struggled with the high AR, missing repeatedly during the map, but it was NazzzF who was able to pick up a long enough combo more times to break into the lead and take the map despite having a less max combo than Rumia-, winning by 150,000 points! With this, the score was 2-2.

Rumia- then picked Idola no Circus, a NoMod pick with rather difficult jump patterns, expressing confidence in his aim. Both players' score went relatively even throughout the early stages of the map, but once again, it was NazzzF who broke first. That proved to be the crucial difference as Rumia- has a relatively strong lead going into the more difficult stages of the song. Towards the end, NazzzF threatened to make a comeback as he gradually built up a 250 combo but hopes extinguished as he missed shortly after, and Rumia- was set to go ahead 3-2. Will the neck-for-neck exchange ever stop? NazzzF's pick was the key, and he picked Usatei 2011, a map with difficult screen wide jumps and a deathstream, looking to exploit a weakness in Rumia-'s armour perhaps through the deathstream. This match was extremely exciting, as both players kept their combo for most of the map, but what stood out to the viewers was that Rumia- was holding a double S. NazzzF finally, once again was the first one who broke at a whopping 860 combo, but Rumia- continued to keep his combo all the way, and eventually FC'd the map as Twitch Chat burst into life in awe, as he had FC'd a rather difficult map with a single 100, to go 4-2 up in style and overtook [ -Scarlet- ] to the 8th spot in the Malaysian rankings!

At this point, Rumia-'s confidence was sky high and there appeared to be no stopping him in his pick of Scream as Hard as You Can. Both players managed to keep their combo at the initial stages of the map, but NazzzF once again, was the first one who broke at 600 combo. Rumia- showed no signs of losing his combo, all the way to the break before the climax of the song. Twitch chat were high in expectation as he went through the early sections of the climax without missing, before finally succumbing midway through, not until he obtained 1115 combo, never giving NazzzF a chance to get back into the grand final. With this score, he held match point at 5-2. NazzzF, being 3 match points down had to find his way to break Rumia-s confidence and he had to do it right now. He picked China Dress, a tricky HD map with many streams and hidden notes in a bid to stay alive. However, the pick appeared to turn against him, as NazzzF struggled throughout the map, breaking first once again as Rumia- had 600 combo. There appeared to be no stopping Rumia-, and at the midpoint of the song, the commentator - TequilaWolf was announcing Rumia-'s victory, although ffstar was more cautious and warned that it was easy to fail the map due to the streams. However, from 2-2, Rumia-'s momentum never appeared to be in doubt. He ploughed through the rest of the map safely, and took the OMWT Title undefeated, winning 6-2.

The Rumia- that showed up after the score was 2-2 was a beast, and never looked to ever be in danger of losing another map, and rightfully was crowned the victor of the osu! Malaysia Winter Tournament, being undefeated in the tournament, and convincingly defeating every single one of Malaysia's top players with the exception of ffstar0716 who he did not meet. No opponent had ever gotten more than 2 points off him, and proved himself to be one of the strongest competitive players there is in Malaysia.

Rumia-'s Path to the OMWT Title
4-1 SolarFox
4-0 Rampax
4-2 ClawViper
5-2 caleb123456
5-2 NazzzF
6-2 NazzzF
[ -Scarlet- ]
Gongratz to all the participants~

To the top 3 winners: Please give me a month of supporter tag please :)
Rumia- Rumia- Rumia- Rumia- Rumia-
Spritzer
the game so epic!

sayank rumia, congratz <333
Rumia-
terima kasih spritzer cayank >3<