posted
Total Posts
show more
Leminine
dropbox oi
Topic Starter
ClawViper
OMT Week 4/Round of 16 Review

Overall, tons of extremely exciting matches over the last weekend, and I really enjoyed this round.

sprItzEr 5 - 3 Karuta-
I actually predicted the exact scoreline on stream (feels good man), so both players did perform exactly up to my expectations, with NoMod being a consistency battle and with whoever who has a better grasp on the other mods emerging as the frontrunner. All NoMod maps were picked! Both players put up rather consistent performances, but I felt that there is still a lot of room of improvement from both players before being truly considered as contenders to actually challenge the favourites of the tournament.

Leminine 5 - 4 Conflict
A rematch of the Round of 32 match in the OMT last year, once again in the first round of the bracket stage. This was honestly the match that was the hardest to call for me. I always respect Conflict's ability to keep a massive combo in tournaments, even if he disregards accuracy, making him a lethal threat to pretty much anyone. Was not surprised to see this go all the way to tiebreaker. I predicted a Leminine win, simply because I was extremely impressed with his play in the group stage and showing that he has begun to obtain a grasp on all the mods, making him a strong tournament player. Really thought Leminine made a fatal miss when losing his Guilty Crown HR pick, but he managed to nick back a point off Conflict when on the verge of defeat to bring on the tiebreaker. I thought the tiebreaker will be disadvantageous to Leminine as well due to Conflict's ability to keep an amazing combo, but he proved me wrong, as Conflict underperformed in the tiebreaker.

Rumia- 4 - 5 L u m i n o u s
I predicted a Rumia- victory, but L u m i n o u s really gave me a pleasant surprise this round. Rumia- as the defending champion and a dominant performance against Conflict in the group stage, I predicted his win because I thought he has the upper hand in terms of stability and overall ability. I always thought that L u m i n o u s had the overall skills to make this an extremely exciting match, but his lack of confidence and his nerves is always what prevented him from being a consistent tournament player. However, it looks like L u m i n o u s has obtained a lot of confidence after his opening loss against Leminine after dumping Rampax out of the tournament. This was an amazing match and probably the best match of the Round of 16 as the match could have swung either way, with 3 maps going within a 200k difference. L u m i n o u s just played out of his mind in the tiebreaker.

AdielAdrellos 5 - 0 Rawn
I predicted an Adiel win, but I thought Rawn would be able to nick a point or two off him simply because AdielAdrellos didn't really have an impressive performance in the group stage. Adiel definitely proved me wrong though, as he displayed a very dominant and impressive performance. There isn't really much to add to this, I think that Adiel just demonstrated the difference in skill and consistency between the two players (no offense intended), marking himself out as one of the tournament favourites this time.

Amane- 5 - 0 Jeffrey
Predicted the Amane- victory. If I had any doubts about his consistency after his very shaky win over BlackViper2, it was pretty much dispelled after he FC'd the first three maps. Jeffrey seemed to be getting more and more into the match as it progressed - I thought he could potentially nick a point but overall it is hard to see anything except Amane- being the superior player in consistency and overall ability.

sushipack321 5 - 1 rch3211
I predicted the sushi win, but I thought rch really didn't actually perform up to his potential in this match. Overall a comfortable victory for sushi although he didn't impress me as much as he did in the group stage. I thought the matches could have been a lot closer if rch actually played to what I feel that he is capable of. Didn't feel the disparity in skill in this matchup as compared to Amane- vs Jeffrey or AdielAdrellos vs Rawn.

MiraiXu 5 - 3 BlackViper2
Wrongly predicted a BlackViper2 win, mainly because I was impressed with his performance in the group stage especially against ZYuan and Amane-. That's not to say that I was unimpressed with MiraiXu, he did put up a damn good performance against Jeffrey in groups as well, but I thought that BlackViper2 was the stronger 'overall player'. That being said, although some matches did come quite close, I felt that BlackViper2 slightly underperformed today, and MiraiXu played solidly to earn himself the win. Well done.

TequilaWolf 5 - 3 TheSomething
Another surprise for me besides Rumia- vs L u m i n o u s. I'll be honest here, when I first took a look at this matchup I thought that this was a mismatch in skill with TequilaWolf having a huge upper hand. I ended up being thoroughly impressed with TheSomething's performance, being very capable of playing all sorts of mods and consistently obtaining a high combo to really put on the pressure onto TequilaWolf (I would be lying if I didn't think that TequilaWolf actually had a very real chance of losing when watching the match). TheSomething definitely had his chances though, and the last map could have really allowed a tiebreaker to happen if TequilaWolf didn't put up an absurdly good performance! Definitely worked TequilaWolf for the win instead of the 5-1 victory I was expecting.
NazzzF

Leminine wrote:

dropbox oi
sry ar bro lambat skit hue
MiraiXu
Even I've won the last round, this round I'll still going to the loser bracket orz
For me, my opponent this round is simply impossible lol
Leminine
THE MAPPOOL IS SO GOOD.
So good that I think I have a chance against mineral watur
CrescendoV_Leux
BSPower Explosion + HR = FC or choke and fail C:
i think the bs stands for bullshit xD

Till it's over = alternate + smooth cursor movement

君往何处 + HD = wtf am i even pressing, 1/4 or 1/6??? also snapping heaven
Jeffrey
Thoughts:

NM: Generally okay choices.
Bird sprite: Straightforward map, the only tricky part is the end stream in which you might need some stamina and aim for it.
can't hide your love: AR9 200bpm, making it extremely dense and requires good AR9 reading. the OD9 makes it harder to gain accuracy on the map.
Deep Space: CS5, but overall straightforward map with some weird stream patterns (squares lmfao)
FUBUKI: Good choice for a modern map I guess, just a consistency test but be careful of the 1/3 jumps along the way.
Refuck!: I'm pretty sure Ex6TenZ chose this for the lulz. But nonetheless, 0still 5 mins, nothing special, consistency test also.
Onna to Onna: A map like Usatei, weird stream patterns, the middle part which is 210bpm requires some getting used to, and the final section with ridiculously fast sliders just like usatei.

HR: I'm liking all the HR brackets so far.
BSPower: This map was easier for me to read with AR10 imo, a lot of bursts.
Clock Strikes: Modern map so nothing really special, just very jumpy.
ODDS&ENDS: 5 mins HR also, consistency test.

HD: Arguably better than last round.
Quo Vadis: Very very tricky. 1/4 mixed in with 1/6 and weird rhythm patterns, but still a good song.
Blue Night: AR9 200bpm, extremely dense (I'd say harder than Awake), and as with most Renard songs, it's sometimes kinda hard to catch the beat (the pun lmao) so requires good hearing.
Reminisce: The least tricky map, yet the longest HD map. Real test of consistency.

DT: Difficulty step-up this time round.
Till It's Over: Literally Meikaruza. Alternates and spaced beats making it much harder, and it's of higher BPM than Meikaruza as well (This is 165x2 = 330bpm while Meikaruza is 300bpm).
Sai afure: Straightforward, but be careful not to be tricked by the intense music it's just 203bpm.
Niji no Asa ni: 225bpm, by far the highest bpm map in the mappool, but if you can do streams and bursts at this bpm then it's also the easiest out of the bracket.

TB: When you have kors k and RLC combined, the end product is always a read heavy map with a lot of tricky beats and alternates. This TB really rewards those who have good reading and finger control and consistency, unlike the previous rounds where one only needs to be consistent.

Nevertheless, great mappool pick as always, enjoyed myself to the maximum :)
Karatine
Preparing defibrillator just in ca
.. The mappool.. is so
But hey one ok rock map.. I <3 u
CrescendoV_Leux

AdielAdrellos wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/4277878

I think I have proven my point.

This is the 20+th try, and I've been failing this before FC.

100% will ban C:
Topic Starter
ClawViper

AdielAdrellos wrote:

AdielAdrellos wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/4277878

I think I have proven my point.

This is the 20+th try, and I've been failing this before FC.

100% will ban C:
Proof that you choke 95% of the time :)
Vio
luck best of :D
moncar321
GL ALL
CrescendoV_Leux

ClawViper wrote:

Proof that you choke 95% of the time :)
yep lmao
[ -Scarlet- ]
Wew
Topic Starter
ClawViper
OMT Week 5 Review

Here are some thoughts that I had regarding the matches that took place on Week 5. Despite there being a lot of seemingly close matchups on papers, we actually ended this week with the closest match going 5-2 - pretty unexpected!

sprItzEr 5-0 Leminine
I actually went wild and predicted the Leminine upset after taking into consideration the form of both players, but sprItzEr just played so well on that day. I felt that Leminine underperformed a little while sprItzEr has finally managed to get his consistency together and showing that he is a true threat, reminding me why exactly he is the top seed of the tournament. Even if he has changed back to mouse, he has grown into a frightening beast to be wary of, just in time for an epic clash against AdielAdrellos in the coming weekend.

AdielAdrellos 5 - 0 L u m i n o u s
Correctly predicted the AdielAdrellos victory. The scoreline might look lopsided, but the match certainly wasn't - except for one map, the other 4 maps could have gone anyone's way. I think AdielAdrellos showed his calibre to be the slightly better player for the most part and just managed to come out ahead, but it wasn't a bad performance by L u m i n o u s. I think both players played decently and the scoreline does not represent the nature of the match. AdielAdrellos looks good going up against the revived sprItzEr.

Amane- 5 - 0 sushipack321
Correctly predicted the Amane- victory. This was simply a dominant performance for Amane- but I felt that sushipack321 massively underperformed this round, being a ghost of what he is capable of pulling off. I can't help but feel somewhat disappointed, although I can totally understand how players feel in tournament conditions, being there myself last year. Amane- still looks unstoppable as the tournament favourite so far, while sushipack321 has an extremely tough challenge in the lower bracket - Rumia-. He needs to shake off his poor performance and try to get some confidence back if he wants to stay in the tournament after this weekend.

TequilaWolf 5 - 1 MiraiXu
Correctly predicted the TequilaWolf victory. His victory was never in doubt as soon as he collected his second point imo - the matchup was a mismatch in skill and although MiraiXu played superbly to gain a point he never seemed to actually stand a real chance to cause the upset. Nothing much else to add here.

Karuta- walkover Conflict
Would have loved to see this match but unfortunately it couldn't happen due to Conflict's circumstances.

Rumia- 5 - 2 Rawn
Correctly predicted the Rumia- victory. Once again I feel this is similar to the TequilaWolf vs MiraiXu match, Rumia-s' overall consistency was a notch higher compared to Rawn who still struggles with consistency issues. However, credits must be given to Rawn's superb picks which enabled him to take two points off Rumia- and not getting rolled over. Rumia- might face a stiffer challenge in the next round if sushipack321 can recover from his tough loss so he has to be more alert if he wants to defend his title.

Jeffrey 1 - 5 rch3211
Correctly predicted the rch3211 victory. I felt that the NoMod was the key to this match - Jeffrey still struggled with reading lower AR properly leading to rch3211 having a huge advantage in terms of NoMod picks, while still being able to contest in other picks. This left Jeffrey at a huge disadvantage right from the very beginning as he is forced to make every pick of his count which was 50-50 while rch has an advantage in every one of his own picks. There were maps where it could have swung either way, but I never felt that rch3211's victory was ever in doubt as soon as Jeffrey lost his own DT pick.

TheSomething 5 - 2 BlackViper2
Correctly predicted TheSomething's win. I think TheSomething has been the surprise player of the tournament for me, showing himself to be a very consistent and deadly threat in tournaments and could take games and upset anybody on their day. BlackViper2 never seemed to have the very same threat as soon as the map pool stepped up from group stage where he gave Amane- a run for his money. Strong performance and convincing victory from TheSomething.

This weekend's matchups look really exciting as well, with no clear winners in my opinion. Hope we will see close matches after the one-sided victories last week!
CrescendoV_Leux

ClawViper wrote:

OMT Week 5 Review

Jeffrey 1 - 5 rch3211
Correctly predicted the rch3211 victory. I felt that the NoMod was the key to this match - Jeffrey still struggled with reading lower AR properly leading to rch3211 having a huge advantage in terms of NoMod picks, while still being able to contest in other picks. This left Jeffrey at a huge disadvantage right from the very beginning as he is forced to make every pick of his count which was 50-50 while rch has an advantage in every one of his own picks. There were maps where it could have swung either way, but I never felt that rch3211's victory was ever in doubt as soon as Jeffrey lost his own DT pick.
probably due to the fact that i jinxed jeff so hard omg im sorry
Topic Starter
ClawViper
OMT Week 6 Review

Winner's Bracket
sprItzEr 5 - 3 AdielAdrellos
Wrongly predicted the AdielAdrellos win because I thought that AdielAdrellos' had better consistency, which was key to this match. Highlight of the match has got to be the 2x FC on o'er the Flood, sprItzEr prevailing with a breathtaking 3x100s. With both players shying away from Hard Rock and Double Time generally, it was a battle between who could get control in the NoMod and Hidden picks. Most of the maps could have gone either way (especially shown by the last second comeback from sprItzEr on Jinsei wa Hoeru) and sprItzEr just showed slightly better consistency. Could have very well been a different result on a different day (especially as AdielAdrellos complained about tablet input lag)

Amane- 5 - 4 TequilaWolf
Correctly predicted the Amane- victory. Could very well be the match of the tournament. I thought that TequilaWolf had the better grasp in the more gimmick maps such as Jinsei wa Hoeru, the Pokemon HR while Amane- had a distinct advantage in Dreamless wanderer or Eco-Terrorist in me. However, Amane- surprised me by banning the Eco-Terrorist in Me HD map and TequilaWolf also surprised with the squall HD ban. Overall, I thought that TequilaWolf had the better draft with 2 points being to his clear advantage - Jinsei wa Hoeru and Pokemon HR. However, Amane- is renowned for consistency for a clear reason - his consistency just showed dramatically in Extra Magic Hour and the eventual tiebreaker. He also managed to squeak past Hero DT with a better accuracy, and Winter Love DT, giving him two narrow victories opposed to TequilaWolf's one narrow win by 200 combo in O'er the Flood HD which made all the difference in the match. Meanwhile, his dominant performance in the surprise AR10 DT pick by TequilaWolf in 5cm/s allowed the tiebreaker to happen. The tiebreaker was just amazing, with both players slowly building up their combo and then they missed on exactly the same spot! However, with TequilaWolf breaking again, Amane-'s consistency just shone through which gives him the deserved win in this extremely close and exciting matchup.

Loser's Bracket
Karuta- 5 - 4 MiraiXu
Correctly predicted the Karuta- victory. Not entirely sure what Karuta- was thinking by allowing 3 Hidden picks through and picking 2 of them, which gifted the points to MiraiXu, but his overall consistency in NoMod pulled him back into the match, which he found himself 1-4 down after losing Crescent Moon Island. He proved his better overall NoMod consistency in the tiebreaker, thus completing his comeback. MiraiXu is definitely one to watch for the future though.

Rumia- 5 - 1 sushipack321
Correctly predicted the Rumia- victory. I think Rumia- has finally showed that he has woken up and can be considered to be a contender for the top 3 spot in the tournament. He dropped the Squall HD to sushipack321, but showed slightly better consistency overall in the rest of the maps, winning by a 1 million point difference for the next few maps. I think he really showed that he meant business when he put the nail in sushipack321's coffin with the DT pick - despite not being known for DT, he showed that he is ready to play future DT picks. sushipack321 did seem to recover from his loss to Amane-, but it wasn't enough to stop Rumia- this round.

L u m i n o u s 0 - 5 rch3211
Wrongly predicted the Luminous victory. L u m i n o u s didn't seem to adapt well to the map pool, which dramatically changed his threat level this week. I also thought that his lack of self-confidence and self-belief which I thought had been put away after sending Rumia- down into the lower bracket and taking out Rampax in the group stage returned after his 0-5 loss to AdielAdrellos. He never really played up to a level which I thought he was capable of as rch3211 sent him packing with a clearly better grasp of the overall map pool.

Leminine 0 - 5 TheSomething
Correctly predicted TheSomething's victory. Leminine, like L u m i n o u s did not seem to be able to adapt to the map pool this week, especially the spike in NoMod difficulty. He really struggled throughout the match, being a ghost of what he is capable of and was never a threat to TheSomething in the entire match.

Rumia- 5 - 0 Karuta-
Correctly predicted Rumia-'s victory. I think Rumia- just showed that he was the better overall player, whether when it comes to NoMod, Hard Rock, Double Time or Hidden which were all picked at least once in this match. Simply a dominant overall performance from the revived Rumia- and his clash against AdielAdrellos will be one to watch. The defending champion is still capable of upping his game another notch.

rch3211 3 - 5 TheSomething
Correctly predicted TheSomething's victory. TheSomething just showed his incredible consistency in tournament conditions once again, playing extremely well to race 4-0 up. Meanwhile, rch looked really lost and played really shakily in the first few maps, breaking again and again and he looked finished when it came to squall. Then, rch finally appeared to wake up from his slumber as he slowly started to earn back point by point while TheSomething suddenly appeared shaky. However, a very strong performance in Anklebiters by TheSomething managed to let him overcome the test by rch3211 in an impressive fashion.

Every week when I think that the matches couldn't get any better, it holds more and more promise. sprItzEr vs Amane-, AdielAdrellos vs Rumia- and the rematch between TequilaWolf and TheSomething is something to drool about, and also any combination between the four in the loser's bracket. Can hardly wait for the tournament to conclude to see who emerges as the champion!
TequilaWolf
hi. small complaint about week 7's mappool. there are TOO MANY maps that are way too long-

Erio o Kamattechan - os-Uchuujin(Asterisk Makina Remix) (Mattress Actress) 5:12
cillia - Fairytale, 4:53
Pendulum - The Fountain 4:36
Halozy - Paranoid Lost 5:39

and none of these are even the tiebreaker..and tb is only 5:49, which is 10 seconds longer than the halozy map. now, there's no rule anywhere stating that you can't have long maps in your mappool or anything like that, but there is a good reason why mappool selectors of tournaments shy away from overly long maps in general- they're boring (a lot of easy parts with a few difficult/climactic parts usually) and they take away from the 'hype' of the longer tiebreaker, also with too many long maps picked in a single match a few can be decided in 2 minutes and the viewers will just watch 3 minutes of 'meaningless' play (if a player keeps breaking/if a player is just the more consistent player). One aside from tb is totally fine, but so many maps that are so long, I think is not that good of an idea.

just something to consider, I love long maps anyway I just don't think they're very suitable here, all of these pretty much feel like tiebreakers. 2.30-4 is the sweet spot

__

side note: The entire mappool selection team has done an amazing job this whole tournament, and I wish to commend you guys for that. Thank you very much, and good work!
NazzzF

TequilaWolf wrote:

Erio o Kamattechan - os-Uchuujin(Asterisk Makina Remix) (Mattress Actress) 5:12
cillia - Fairytale, 4:53
Pendulum - The Fountain 4:36
Halozy - Paranoid Lost 5:39
In round 3 there's Dreamless Wanderer, Magic Hour and goreshit (there should be long song for hr as well but from the information that I got on ffstar's map stats it seems that ppl don't like long hr map). Round 2 Refuck, ODDS&ENDS and ELISA. It was a part of the plan after all to introduce long maps more and more so that the match doesn't end too quickly.

TequilaWolf wrote:

they take away from the 'hype' of the longer tiebreaker
This is semi-final, it needs to be hype even before players entered the server.

TequilaWolf wrote:

also with too many long maps picked in a single match a few can be decided in 2 minutes and the viewers will just watch 3 minutes of 'meaningless' play (if a player keeps breaking/if a player is just the more consistent player)
2 minutes into OMT & chill and the player start giving up and draw with smoke saying 'GG' , 'SHOUT OUT TO MY BFF KEK' , 'SKALLAX N0oB MAP BLYAT' .
You just have to try your best especially when u're already in top 6, which mean you're one of the most consistent/skilled player. Throwing is a bad sportsmanship and u should get ban from it. Viewers shouldn't have too much impact/effect on how the tournaments going to play. If u watch a lot of esport matches then u know what i'm talking about (especially a 'snowball' games like doto EleGiggle).

TequilaWolf wrote:

2.30-4 is the sweet spot
I could have done a much better job, but as a someone who is 'retired' and easily getting bored with the game, it's hard for me to scroll through thousands of beatmap and test it. tbh I actually didn't properly/fully tested most of the map, atleast not until it got released. As long as I didn't get complain from the team then the map is good to go. Also would like to thank them a ton for helping me out :D

TequilaWolf wrote:

side note: The entire mappool selection team has done an amazing job this whole tournament, and I wish to commend you guys for that. Thank you very much, and good work!
Thanks for the feedback TequilaWolf, we just want it to be non-generic yet still good map pool. Also just want to have fun with it :D
Topic Starter
ClawViper
OMT Week 7 Overview

Winner's Bracket
sprItzEr 5 - 1 Amane-
When will I learn to stop predicting against the air mineral? Wrongly predicted the Amane- win, partly because I was so impressed with Amane-s consistency under pressure last week against TequilaWolf. In my opinion, Amane- had an extremely underwhelming performance today, the first sign of weakness from Amane- throughout the whole tournament since his narrow victory over BlackViper2 in the group stage. Tons of uncharacteristic and random breaks coming from him. sprItzEr on the other hand playing up to the level that was expected of him, holding huge combos in the long maps and even proving the assumption that he cannot play high BPM wrong by holding a decent combo on Liqu@.

Loser's Bracket
AdielAdrellos 2 - 5 Rumia-
This was an extremely difficult choice for me, and I eventually predicted wrongly, choosing AdielAdrellos to win over Rumia-. Basically, I expected a dominant HD performance coming from AdielAdrellos. However, Rumia-'s excellent performance on Whisper of Rose turned all the momentum from AdielAdrellos being 2-0 up to losing 5 points in a row to 2-5. Rumia- definitely played his speed advantage here and with a consistent performance on Mattress Actress, completed his comeback.

TequilaWolf 5 - 3 TheSomething
Correctly predicted the repeat TequilaWolf win. TheSomething put up a great performance by winning on his own picks of Chinese Restaurant, Izayoi Sakura and First of the Year, however unlike their first round match where TheSomething really pushed TequilaWolf to the limit, in this match throughout I had the feeling that it was just a matter of time before TequilaWolf's victory because TequilaWolf was the more diverse player in this matchup, having a better grasp of the various mods. TequilaWolf definitely had a strong performance on his picks, and had an incredible SS on Catgroove which was TheSomething's pick.

TequilaWolf 5 - 0 Rumia-
Correctly predicted the TequilaWolf win. Basically, I felt that TequilaWolf had the advantage of being able to put up a fight in every department - NoMod, Hard Rock, Double Time or Hidden which makes him a very strong tournament player, while Rumia- has a disadvantage in Hidden. I thought that the Paranoid Lost pick by Rumia- against TequilaWolf after being 0-1 down was probably a strong decider of how the future of the match would go - if Rumia- wins it would equalise the match, but with Rumia- losing Paranoid Lost I think it really damaged his confidence in the Hard Rock mod as well. Losing the Element of Spada 10.3 DT was probably the final blow. Overall, a very strong performance for TequilaWolf to convincingly knock the defending champion down to the dreaded 4th place. Rumia- did redeem himself however, with getting #29 on Cry Thunder in a showmatch right after losing - what a way to bounce back from a tough loss!
Topic Starter
ClawViper
OMT Week 8 Thoughts

Amane- 5 - 6 TequilaWolf
Correctly predicted the TequilaWolf victory, but the match was much closer than I expected. After Amane-'s collapse against sprItzEr, I thought that he will have a tough time recovering mentally, and that TequilaWolf was more well-rounded in all mods. I think it was a good ban phase from TequilaWolf taking out the two long/consistency maps that Amane- favours, while Amane- was questionable in leaving Time Bomb open. Nevertheless, Amane- broke in the match with a much stronger performance than I expected, performing excellently on modded picks such as Intersect Thunderbolt HR, Cranky HR and Bye Bye Beautiful DT to go 4-2 up (even on the points he lost, he put up a good performance such as Cheshire Dance and I Write Sins). However, Amane- appeared to run out of ideas as he lost the next 3 points before pulling back neu in order to force the tiebreaker. However, TequilaWolf demonstrated stronger reading and AR9 aim overall in order to exact revenge on Amane-. Again, one of the best matches of the tournament and only ranks slightly below their first meeting!

Grand Finals
sprItzEr 0 - 6 ; 2 - 6 TequilaWolf
Correctly predicted TequilaWolf being the champion. I thought that TequilaWolf has a massive advantage in Hard Rock and Double Time, while NoMod and Hidden picks were 50-50, thus the map pool heavily favours TequilaWolf's victory. I think sprItzEr's bans were questionable as he left Time Bomb, arguably TequilaWolf's strongest pick open twice. Meanwhile, solid drafting phase from TequilaWolf to pretty much eliminate the picks which sprItzEr has advantages in.

In the first set, sprItzEr appeared to be really nervous, breaking repeatedly even on his own picks such as What's Up People and Gangsta, while TequilaWolf played extremely well throughout, as well as playing his own picks solidly. The only glimpse of a sprItzEr potential point was from Algebra, which TequilaWolf managed to snuff out as he made a late comeback. That was enough to earn a respect ban from TequilaWolf in the second set.

In the second set, sprItzEr definitely came up with a better performance in his NoMod pick, and with TequilaWolf failing Akatsuki no Tsuki HR at the very last second, the momentum appeared to have shifted as sprItzEr went 2-0 up after the previous whitewash. This was followed by a very close match in T-T-Techno HD, where TequilaWolf narrowly scraped the victory. However, from there on TequilaWolf unleashed his comfort picks, while sprItzEr appeared to have ran out of ideas, attempting to pick senya HD and even Cranky HR but to no avail as TequilaWolf proceeded to be crowned the OMT champion by taking down sprItzEr 6-2.

Overall, I thought that TequilaWolf was simply so well-rounded and definitely the strongest player in the tournament, congratulations to him for emerging as the champion of the OMT! There was never any doubt today in his dominant performance - definitely looked stronger and stronger throughout the tournament as the map pools became more and more difficult.