forum

[confirmed] Impossible to update a loved beatmap

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
rezoons
Here is what happens if i try to update one of my loved map: http://puu.sh/rZMBZ/ad10fbe684.jpg

How can i get past it? There are a lot of things i want to modify on it.
Bara-
It first should be taken out of 'Loved'
It's basically the same as qualified/ranked and it does not allow updates since it'll wipe all scores
Ask a QAT (I think) to take down the map
Topic Starter
rezoons
seems needlessly complicated. Thanks, will do that.
Bara-
Well, they did mention they only want to love maps which will never be updated anymore so I understand why it works this way
Topic Starter
rezoons
I understand that but i was never warned beforehand that it would happen. And there are a lot of stuff in it that were not really polished and i would like to change. Anyway,a QAT has been warned:
Trosk-
Confirming this for now. The map should be able to be updated if it's in Loved state and you want to remove it from there. I will send this to the devs and your map will be out of Loved as soon as possible. Sorry for the trouble.
Topic Starter
rezoons
Thank you. When i learned about "loved" i didn"t thought you had to go to all this trouble just to update it. :(
Trosk-

rezoons wrote:

Thank you. When i learned about "loved" i didn"t thought you had to go to all this trouble just to update it. :(
The system is supposed to let you edit the map and it should get out of Loved automatically as far as I know, but it seems like it's not working as expected :/ It will be fixed as soon as possible.
Bara-
From newspost "Here comes the love"

Once a map enters Loved state, it can no longer be altered by the mapper without leaving the state again.
How is the current behaviour a bug? The description of the category clearly mentions that it cannot be altered until it's moves out of loved. This also implies that the mapper himself cannot do it (like with Qualified/Ranked maps)
Topic Starter
rezoons

I can't reset anything....
Bara-
I love how everything contradicts each other...
Trosk-
The map is now out of loved. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Topic Starter
rezoons
Thank you, i was able to update it. It worked. ^^