forum

[confirmed] Unsaved map recognised as submitted.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Furry
There is an odd bug that I have found that links any newly created unsubmitted beatmap to this when doing these steps in order
  1. Add any .mp3 to osu
  2. Open the editor and put anything in the artist / title
  3. Start tapping a beat, anything will do
  4. After the bpm has been created, press ESC, and click NO when asked to save
It will prompt you to update the map, though it's not submitted, and it will link you to this map in particular every time.

Consistently this can be replicated over other clients as well.

osu! version: stable
o x
I tried it out myself and don't get this problem. If you delete the audio file that links you to the random map does it still happen?
Topic Starter
Furry

Cawub wrote:

I tried it out myself and don't get this problem. If you delete the audio file that links you to the random map does it still happen?
Yes. I just had another friend of mine try it and he said it did the same thing.
Arzenvald
can confirm, any unfinished audio.osu file (without artist & title) might gets indexed to this https://osu.ppy.sh/b/973471 as well out there
the link might generated because the only properties in the .osu map fitting with that map, whereas it shouldn't be indexed with that map in the 1st place

as long as you put the bpm and save it with any artist / title, the bug doesn't seems appears though
Dntm8kmeeatu
This only seems to occur when you leave the details blank.

Most likely some funky metadata thing going on.
o x

ajeemaniz wrote:

the link might generated because the only properties in the .osu map fitting with that map
This is probably the reason, though I don't see it getting fixed as it doesn't cause any problems and isn't really a big deal.
Arzenvald

Cawub wrote:

ajeemaniz wrote:

the link might generated because the only properties in the .osu map fitting with that map
This is probably the reason, though I don't see it getting fixed as it doesn't cause any problems and isn't really a big deal.
no, perhaps there's some case that might be happened, as the mappers click the update, it will set the BeatmapID to 973471 & BeatmapSetID to 453999, and then as the mappers finish the set & uploads it, osu might gives warning messagse : The beatmap you're trying to submit in not owned by you!

i bet its better to fix the problem anyway
o x

ajeemaniz wrote:

no, perhaps there's some case that might be happened, as the mappers click the update, it will set the BeatmapID to 973471 & BeatmapSetID to 453999, and then as the mappers finish the set & uploads it, osu might gives warning messagse : The beatmap you're trying to submit in not owned by you!
I do not see this being possible as you would upload the beatmap with a title and an artist. Not leaving both blank.
Arzenvald
what i mean is, your .osu file will have the BeatmapID & BeatmapSetID from https://osu.ppy.sh/b/973471 if you pressed the update button, and yes, when you open the editor again, it will prompt to fill the title & artist, so they won't be blank after
its related with past bug (fixed now? i think) where a map can't be uploaded because the .osu file has random BeatmapID & BeatmapSetID generated from an already uploaded map, makes the mapset owner unable to upload his mapset to BSS & Forum

also furry, you can manually remove the BeatmapID & BeatmapSetID in the .osu to its default amount to fix it if you pressed the update button xP

im not sure though but its just better to have the unfinished map not linked to any already uploaded mapset. and you got the point though, people might won't even notices this bug as long as they set the BPM & saved it
Dntm8kmeeatu
But this literally only happens if you do nothing. Surely the first thing you do when you import a mp3 is fill out the basic metadata.
Arzenvald

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

But this literally only happens if you do nothing. Surely the first thing you do when you import a mp3 is fill out the basic metadata.
yuss, and the bug won't appears
Dntm8kmeeatu

ajeemaniz wrote:

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

yuss, and the bug won't appears

Exactly, So 99.9267% of mappers will not encounter this.
Topic Starter
Furry
But the point is that it shouldn't submit to anything in the first place, there's nothing there meaning it shouldn't link to anything ever. It's a small thing but it's still a bug cause of one map.
Kao
Seeing as this only happens when you leave details blank, meaning it's a problem that shouldn't be a problem in the first place
Doing things wrong and the result being wrong isn't wrong at all.

This shouldn't be high priority, but should be probably fixed.
Earlier mentioned the bug that caused the owner not being able to upload was fixed already.

Is there still a problem?
VeilStar
This isn't the usual metadata issue. Confirming.
loloplayer420_DELETED

ajeemaniz wrote:

You could just create a new beatmap with the same audio and copy the Timing and Hitcircles into the new map, so it basicially isnt a problem which affects something hardly.
Kao

loloplayer420 wrote:

ajeemaniz wrote:

You could just create a new beatmap with the same audio and copy the Timing and Hitcircles into the new map, so it basicially isnt a problem which affects something hardly.
There's an easier method to this

1. Go to the mapset's folder. You can get there easily by going to 'File' -> 'Open Song Folder' in the editor.
  2. Leave the editor (or close osu!) to make sure the changes apply properly.
  3. Open the .osu difficulty files with any text editor. (Such as Wordpad or Notepad.)
  4. Enter your name as creator. (If your name has spaces, these should actually be spaces in here.)
  5. Set the BeatmapID to 0.
  6. Set the BeatmapSetID to -1.
  7. Make sure the beatmap folder name aswell as the .mp3 file does not start with a string of numbers.
  8. Delete the file(s) in the SubmissionCache folder in the osu! installation folder.
  9. Open osu! again and try to upload your beatmap.
  10. If you're still having issues export the beatmap and delete it from osu! (and make sure the game recognised that it's deleted). Then close osu! and rename the exported beatmap from name.osz to name.zip (you will need known file extensions to be visible from the windows folder options to do this) and apply the changes mentioned in the previous steps. Once you're done and you updated the .zip file with your changes, rename it back to .osz and import it into osu!.
[/notice]
Please do not use this to steal other people's maps!
Source: t/325639