forum

[confirmed][web] Sorting beatmaps by difficulty doesn't work

posted
Total Posts
show more
VeilStar

BrambleClaw wrote:

This is still an issue, it's quite annoying.... So many other things are fixed so amazingly quickly, I don't see why a simple website function is taking seven months to be resolved.... And before I get any hate for saying "if it's so easy why not fix it yourself," I will say that I don't know how to do this stuff, but I DO know that it isn't hard to compare numbers and put them in a certain order, especially when it's ascending/descending.... It's not that big of a deal, but I mean, I used to use the function sometimes for curiosity reasons, and this is just.... ridiculous!
I definitely agree, but the Low Priority sub-forum barely gets looked at, and many issues can't easily be fixed.
It's kind of a 'fix-it if-you-have-too-much-spare time-thing', as far as I'm aware.

Maybe there should be a 'Medium Priority' sub-forum for certain minor things that should still be fixed.
Might bring it up to the team later.
Hydro7
Bumping this thread again, still hoping that this issue will be fixed... most probably in vain though... Its been like that for a year now. I'd really like this function to come back :(
Trosk-

Hydro7 wrote:

Bumping this thread again, still hoping that this issue will be fixed... most probably in vain though... Its been like that for a year now. I'd really like this function to come back :(
I guess it will be fixed on the new web, with many other web issues, but not before...
- EternalNight -
This problem have about 1 year, fix this please.
Bara-
Hoping the new site comes soon then
Alvieee

Karpio wrote:

-SwordStorm- wrote:

Still not fixed D:
¿¿¿¿¿
Hypello
Any idea when this gets fixed?
Trosk-

aEoNNzR wrote:

Any idea when this gets fixed?
In the new web, I guess. I don't think it's going to be fixed here.
jawasweisich
Hasnt been fixed for over a year? Is there a reason why? Im kinda new to this game and im working my way upwards but its really hard to find maps that fit my style and skill level when the only website that provides beatmaps does not work. Why is it not fixed yet? What is the "New Web" and when is it available?
VeilStar

jawasweisich wrote:

Hasnt been fixed for over a year? Is there a reason why? Im kinda new to this game and im working my way upwards but its really hard to find maps that fit my style and skill level when the only website that provides beatmaps does not work. Why is it not fixed yet? What is the "New Web" and when is it available?
Indeed. It's never really been a priority as far as I'm aware. There are alternative sites such as http://osusearch.com/ you can use for now. The 'new web' is basically a completely new website for osu! that's currently in progress. You can check out a (partly functional) preview at http://new.ppy.sh.
Cylux

It is over 2 years now and this very simple bug is still not fixed!

It really annoys me, because I would actually like to use this function and since it's there, it should be functioning.

What about either deleting it or just fixing it?

Edit: Nevermind. I just found out, that works fine on the new web.

Edit 2: Well, not perfectly fine though. When I sort them by difficulty wanting to exclude all other modes but osu!standard, it does however still include all the other modes.

For example, look at this screen: https://i.imgur.com/TVQ3bJ5.png
You there have "dreamless wanderer" being ranked higher than "Cirno's Perfect Math Class", because it its highest difficulty is 6.84 stars although it's CTB and not osu!standart. Its highest osu!standard difficulty is only 5.32 stars, therefore being easier than "Cirno's Perfect Math Class" highest difficulty, which is 6.84 stars and therefore should be ranked under "Cirno's Perfect Math Class" instead above it. It's definetly a bug and doesn't make sense, because I chose "osu!standart" only as a filter. If I instead chose "Any", it would make sense being like this.
woodybob01
still broken
gnt101
Im just looking for info, is sorting by difficulty going to be fixed?
keyZi
still not fixed
Dntm8kmeeatu
Use the new website. It works there. Old website will never be fixed.
Kao
Then why is this still in confirmed...
/Honest question
Dntm8kmeeatu

Kao wrote:

Then why is this still in confirmed...
/Honest question

Well it's still an issue.

Once we switch completely to the new website design this thread will probably get thrown out, as it's not relevant anymore.
Cylux

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Not really. Take a look at my last comment, it's still buggy on the new website.
Dntm8kmeeatu

Cylux wrote:

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Not really. Take a look at my last comment, it's still buggy on the new website.
Hmmm I think I see what you mean. It shows mapsets that include other gamemode difficulties (Which isn't a problem) but doesn't limit what gamemode grabs the highest Star Rating.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Cylux

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Hmmm I think I see what you mean. It shows mapsets that include other gamemode difficulties (Which isn't a problem) but doesn't limit what gamemode grabs the highest Star Rating.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Yep, that's pretty much what I tried to say. I know it's not that much of a big deal but still..
T-Raptor
Wow, still not fixed