posted
Total Posts
show more
Revaxion

Tyistiana wrote:

Revaxion wrote:

hi there!
my problem is my left hand doesn't want to click:(
how to solve this? or maybe is there any practice to do?
thx before!
Tried to use your left hand only before to make your left hand memorize the solution to tap the color.
Seems hard, but keep practicing! :D
After that, comes to play alternate hand.
ok i will try it. thx 4 ur solution :D
Cheezburgr

Tyistiana wrote:

When you've start to play osu! Not click play yet , go to Edit section, then select the music that you want to practice.
Then choose the period that you want to practice and press F5 to enter to the test mode.
That will allow you to test-play too.
Many thanks! This was an immense help!
Adorn
Does it ever get easier to alternate between big don/kat into little? I usually have to skip a big one to avoid choking and if I try it I lose my footing and break my combo / screw up my accuracy pretty badly. Does it just get easier along the way?
tkdLolly

Flannel wrote:

Does it ever get easier to alternate between big don/kat into little? I usually have to skip a big one to avoid choking and if I try it I lose my footing and break my combo / screw up my accuracy pretty badly. Does it just get easier along the way?
I used to skip them because they are confusing. You'll get used to it if you hit them more.
Tyistiana
Seems like I have something to asked here.

How to focus the patterns after 1/6 ??

When the 1/4 pattern have come, I still can focus on it, and when I've noticed first 1/6 pattern , still can focus on it too. But the notes after that 1/6 pattern , I can't concentrate on them, always lose my focus after first 1/6 patterns.
Does their have any solution for this??
Genjuro

Tyistiana wrote:

When the 1/4 pattern have come, I still can focus on it, and when I've noticed first 1/6 pattern , still can focus on it too. But the notes after that 1/6 pattern , I can't concentrate on them, always lose my focus after first 1/6 patterns.
I think this happens because you can't really follow the 1/6 rhyhm so you just "try to tap fast" which causes you to lose your rhythm flow and mess up after
Tyistiana

Genjuro wrote:

I think this happens because you can't really follow the 1/6 rhyhm so you just "try to tap fast" which causes you to lose your rhythm flow and mess up after
To be honest, I didn't think that I'm forced myself to tap faster. On the other hand, I think that I'm too slow somehow ;;w;;
Still can't play 200 BPM maps, lmao
tkdLolly

Tyistiana wrote:

Memorise maybe?
Tyistiana

tkdLolly wrote:

Memorise maybe?
Have a try with this solution before too. But unfortunately, I can't memorize the note because I'm too noob ;;w;; (maybe it's a main reason that why I can't play HD even on 2* map, lmao)
l Zetech l
(sorry for my english, i'm french and i haven't a really good english)

Hi, I stuck in Muzukashi difficulty and i have difficulties to clear some combo like kddkdd , kkddkkdd , and others patterns with more than 3 notes in general.

I'm playing in kkdd , with WEOP. I dunno if the problem is my reading skill or my tap skill.

It's ridiculous cause i'm near to #10k and all the player with my level haven't difficulties with muzukashi beatmaps :|

Any tips for me ? Cause it's very frustrating :?
Endaris
Keep going, I'm assuring you that players at your level still do have difficulties with many Muzukashii difficulties. There are still some I struggle with at least.
As I'm using a different playstyle than you I can't really advise you on how to do these patterns better but generally speaking we're both at the point where we learn to play long 1/2 patterns consistently and learn to read multicolor 1/4 patterns properly.
This is really really difficult at first to do consistently and personally I'm still shitmissing left and right but practice really makes perfect here.

Seeing that you play a lot of converts I would definitely advise you to play more Taiko specific maps as they are generally a lot more smooth in terms of difficulty progression, offer more diverse patterning (which is good for practice purposes) and don't have any ridiculous 1/4 patterns out of nowhere like it sometimes happens in converts I guess.
RedBall
Hello, can I ask a question now?

I have a problem related to big D and K.

Even though I think I pressed two d keys at the same time, it does not give me big D score...
You may see my play here https://osu.ppy.sh/s/672223 by replay (or, if I'm not in #50 cuz I'm suck at Taiko. Could you poke me via PM or in game?)
BabySnakes

RedBall wrote:

Even though I think I pressed two d keys at the same time, it does not give me big D score...
You may see my play here https://osu.ppy.sh/s/672223 by replay (or, if I'm not in #50 cuz I'm suck at Taiko. Could you poke me via PM or in game?)
I think taiko is broken, it doesnt register finishers some times, depends on your frames and keyboard.
RedBall

babysnakes wrote:

RedBall wrote:

I think taiko is broken, it doesnt register finishers some times, depends on your frames and keyboard.
Oh... Is that it.. Thank you for advice :)
ExplicitSoul
Eyo, Im a Mania skrub that decided to try to play Taiko.

But Im confused on a few things:

-Sliders, I believe you can start with Kat or Don. doesn't matter, right?
Also, do I u just uh spam the other key while doing sliders (To the one I started with, i.e. I start with Kat I use other Kat button to spam?)
Can I alternate while doing sliders or do I need to have the key I started with down the whole time?

-Where should I try and look?
Rn I'm kinda just following the notes with my eyes. It kinda hurts so Im assuming there's a place to look? (kinda like how ya wanna look in the middle in Mania)
I tried looking where the uh, circle that I hit my keys when a moving circle moves into it. that was uncomfortable and I did really bad.
I also tried looking at the middle but It was also kinda uncomfortable and I quite frankly didn't trust myself to time it right.

-Should I do alternating or should I do single?

-Why does the uh, note-area turn solid pink sometimes? Does it give me more points? idek :?

-On the Big Kat and Don's Do I NEED to hit both keys to get points, or can I hit it with one key but not get the double points?
And then the vice-versa (kinda) do I NEED to only hit one key when the little kat+don's show up or can I hit both keys?

Also completely unrelated to taiko, but does anyone know how to get my signature stuff to show up on the old forums? It puts 1337 in random places and breaks the code in the old, but works fine like its supposed to in the new T-T
Edgar_Figaro

ExplicitSoul wrote:

Eyo, Im a Mania skrub that decided to try to play Taiko.

But Im confused on a few things:

Sliders, I believe you can start with Kat or Don. doesn't matter, right?
Also, do I u just uh spam the other key while doing sliders (To the one I started with, i.e. I start with Kat I use other Kat button to spam?)
Can I alternate while doing sliders or do I need to have the key I started with down the whole time?

For sliders you can use any buttons in any order, so you could alternate dons, kats, or alternating dons and kats. The important thing is that your not "spamming" but tapping in rythmn. If you go too fast you'll get notelocked on the sliders and not get any of the ticks.

Where should I try and look?
Rn I'm kinda just following the notes with my eyes. It kinda hurts so Im assuming there's a place to look? (kinda like how ya wanna look in the middle in Mania)
I tried looking where the uh, circle that I hit my keys when a moving circle moves into it. that was uncomfortable and I did really bad.
I also tried looking at the middle but It was also kinda uncomfortable and I quite frankly didn't trust myself to time it right.

This is a bit of personal preference but you shouldn't be looking right at the hit location or following the notes but keep your eyes at one spot. If you find yourself looking at the hit location you can try using hidden to force yourself to look further away.

Should I do alternating or should I do single?

Both methods are viable playstyles, just personal preference.

Why does the uh, note-area turn solid pink sometimes? Does it give me more points? idek :?

The pink is the representation of the Kiai part of the song in the default skin. During the kiai time point values are indeed increased so it penalizes you more if you miss during the hard part of the song. If you look at a replay you'll notice each time you hit a note there is a number underneath t he score. You'll see this number get bigger as combo increases (up to 100 combo) and then it'll increase even more during the kiai section.

On the Big Kat and Don's Do I NEED to hit both keys to get points, or can I hit it with one key but not get the double points?
And then the vice-versa (kinda) do I NEED to only hit one key when the little kat+don's show up or can I hit both keys?

You can hit the Big Kat and Don's with 1 key but you'll only get a regular hit score instead of the double points. As far as hitting single notes as double there is nothing wrong with that, but it can be risky as if your hits are slightly mis-aligned it can treat it as 2 separate hits and screw up the next note so it's best to not do that.

Also completely unrelated to taiko, but does anyone know how to get my signature stuff to show up on the old forums? It puts 1337 in random places and breaks the code in the old, but works fine like its supposed to in the new T-T
DerpQueen
How the heckie do S ranks work? I'm assuming it's based on accuracy but how MUCH accuracy is needed for an S rank? Because on some maps I've gotten an S at around 95% or 96%. But there's another map I've been trying to S rank for a while now and it's not giving me an S even when I have over 97%. I'm confused. ^^;
Edgar_Figaro
95%+ with 0 misses
Raesor
Question: How to git gud at taiko sliders? The only reason I don't really play taiko is because the "sliders," which are really streams, are impossible to hit correctly. It's like each tick requires you to hit it with the timing of a 300 hit on a normal circle, otherwise it's a miss. This is too unforgiving, especially when some maps are half hitcircles half sliders. It's just too hard for beginners I guess. I can stream just fine in standard mode, with only a few 100's, but this "300 or miss" thing just isn't fun.
roufou
honestly I'd suggest just playing real taiko maps and not converts since they don't have sliders everywhere
Edgar_Figaro

agu wrote:

honestly I'd suggest just playing real taiko maps and not converts since they don't have sliders everywhere
^ This, also don’t worry about sliders too much anyways unless you are going for top 50 scores, they are like spinning bonus points on spinners in Standard. You can completely ignore them and you don’t lose ACC or Miss.