forum

[confirmed] osu files rewritten when changing difficulty name

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Frostings
Problem Details:

Changing the difficulty name to something very long will wipe the osu file (irreversible).

Also not sure if this is intended behaviour, but pressing Save as New Difficulty and leaving the Difficulty name blank will also wipe the current difficulty's osu file (also irreversible)

Quite terrible if you haven't backed up your map/changes

osu! version: 20150414.2 (latest)
abraker
I can confirm that saving the map as a new difficulty with a difficulty name being blank will show message saying "file exists with the same metadata! Do you wish to overwrite?". Osu! seems to think that any blank name is equivalent to the opened difficulty.
TheVileOne
Confirming. I will look into it it.
Crowie
AAAHHHH ;A;
how long exactly tho? i had mine renamed to 3 words and got wiped T-T
Crowie

abraker wrote:

I can confirm that saving the map as a new difficulty with a difficulty name being blank will show message saying "file exists with the same metadata! Do you wish to overwrite?". Osu! seems to think that any blank name is equivalent to the opened difficulty.
that's not really a problem tbh. I've seen it, clicked yes, and it didn't do anything weird.
abraker

ghostshipCrowie wrote:

abraker wrote:

that's not really a problem tbh. I've seen it, clicked yes, and it didn't do anything weird.
Behavior could have changed within 8 months or you somehow got lucky and triggered something else
-theo
I changed a diff name (from rosey to Rosey) and literally lost my map (even the background is gone)