forum

[duplicate] Sort by Ranking Date in-game

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
marshallracer
I don't know if this has been suggested in the past already, the search is broken and looking by myself didn't result in finding anything similar

So I've been playing for over 7 years now and my osu! folder's still the very same since day one, except it has grown to ~52GB size (I know, there are people who have bigger folders by downloading map packs, torrents, etc. please don't start bragging).
Obviously, this size comes from quite a high amount of maps downloaded throughout all the years in the past. When playing for such a long time you've seen the different eras of mapping from past (yay) and present (nay).

Recently I've been in a multiplayer session where together with others we wanted to play lots of really great maps from around 2010-2012 but it was hard to precisely look for such maps since a) you cannot always remember all the great maps since there were a lot of them and b) there is no such filter in-game (or at least I haven't found one; if there is such a filter hit me in the head and carry on)

My suggestion therefore obviously would be to add such a filter or rather sorting method to the game where one can look for maps sorted and/or limited to a certain timespan, e.g. to only show maps ranked (or submitted or alternatively updated) in 2012.
Yes, I am aware there is no such related meta in the .osu (because if there were, I assume this would've been implemented for a long time already) and for it to work properly one would either need an internet connection (which one usually has when playing this game) or all the dates from every map need to be cached locally after a thorough scan of all maps (which in the worst case could take ages and may (probably) put a strain on the websites servers due to the amount of requests a client would send if they had a ton of maps).
abraker