forum

Is there a way to copy beats from one map to another?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
gamebito
I really goofed up and decided (half way from finishing my first map) to play around with the timing. Bad idea. I went back to the compose tab, and all the beats were off (except for the first one). I panicked and exited osu. I come back in and all the settings were saved. However, I have an earlier version with less done, but it has the same exact settings as before I goofed up.

If there is a way to copy all my beats from the off map onto the older version, I would be very ecstatic. I've tried selecting all the beats, copying, and pasting, but that did not work. I haven't the bit of clue what "Open Difficulty>For Reference" means either.
If this isn't possible, welp. I give up on mapping. 4everrrrr

If anyone needs both versions, you can download it here. The longer "hi" version is the one that is messed up. The shorter one is the older one. You can just ignore the "Normal" version.
blissfulyoshi
If you have songs in the same mapset, you can copy and over through copy and paste. However, if you want to paste things across mapsets, open the .osu in a notepad, and copy the code related to the beats, to the other .osu file.
Topic Starter
gamebito

blissfulyoshi wrote:

If you have songs in the same mapset, you can copy and over through copy and paste. However, if you want to paste things across mapsets, open the .osu in a notepad, and copy the code related to the beats, to the other .osu file.
Ah. Thanks for the information, but I guess I had the "Move already placed notes when changing offset/bmp" ticked, so it's all jumbled now. Guess I'll have to go back to every single note and re-order it.

EDIT: After re-ordering a couple of groups of notes, I realized all but the first object were off by the same amount, so I just selected them all and moved them over.
EchoRoblox
it will say "the map is likely corrupted!"