DAOKO x Yonezu Kenshi - Uchiage Hanabi

posted
Total Posts
show more
_handholding
04:16:028 (7) - hitsound on head for top diff
timemon
General
  1. You should add silenced sliderslide for the 33 set too.
  2. be sure to check soft-hitfinish3.wav, Modding Assist is angry at it for some reason.
Easy
Your easy is so easy because the bpm is half of the guideline. in fact I feel like your normal is easy lol

Normal
  1. 02:00:247 (3) - weird slider direction, would be better if you flip it to the other side. (ctrl+H)
Shad0w1and's Hard
  1. 03:10:872 - I feel this section hitsound volume is a bit too high, the object density too if you can lower it a bit.
  2. 04:00:247 (1,2) - I recommend that you avoid 1/2 slider with 2 reverses because you have been doing 1/2 sliders with one reverse for the whole map but those have two. This can catch the unaware players off guard. (Not to mention it's uncommon) Going for just 1/2 sliders or 1/2 sliders with just one reverse will go better here.
    04:20:247 (1,2) - I just mentioned
Incandescence
  1. 00:23:997 - I feel this section object density is a bit too high, hitsound volume being very high is not helping it as well. When playing the map, you're bombarded with constant clicky sound even though the song is very calm which provides a poor feedback even when they are passively mapped.

01:33:997 - this section works very well because the song intensity is more than the former section.
    I think you should nerf the density by using more 1/2 (1/1 in normal maps) and lower the hitsound volume.

03:11:497 - suffers from the complaint that I have over 00:23:997 - as well.
  2. 00:45:247 (2) - Can you explain why you put such a powerful sound on a sliderend? If you wish to follow the vocal you can split the slider and make it end early while still accomplishing the same result. Also considering all the same sound are actively mapped so its weird that this one is passively mapped. I'm just nitpicking things.
  3. 02:26:340 (4) - the placement of this circle is not ideal as it breaks the general aesthetic of the map or how you place objects in general.
The mapset looks pretty solid to me.
Nao Tomori
[taikocracy]
00:41:497 (1,2) - this looks kinda ugly
02:25:872 (2,4) -

01:23:372 (1,2) - the angle 4-1 plays really weird, can you keep the back and forth going instead?

03:17:122 (2) - jump feels too high pressure, ctrl g is better imo

03:50:168 (3) - add normal set so it sounds more natural

i feel like in some parts the drum hitsounding makes the instrument you follow sound too quiet, can you either lower the volume overall in the kiais or add some hs to stuff like 04:00:559 (1,2,3,4,5,6) -

[shadowland]
01:33:997 - i think that part rhythm density is too high, it's higher than in kiai in some parts... good to nerf even if spacing is way lower

01:49:309 - i think following that vocal is more interesting than this rhythm

01:57:747 (4,5,6,7) - feels way too spammy, delete some slider and replace with circle plz...

[normal]
03:13:504 - this part needs to be way easier lmao, sv and density is same as kiais...

04:30:872 (4) - repeat?

lmk wat time does
Shad0w1and

Nao Tomori wrote:

[shadowland]
01:33:997 - i think that part rhythm density is too high, it's higher than in kiai in some parts... good to nerf even if spacing is way lower :arrow: listen to it and I feel it is still better to map these rhythms out. otherwise, as you can hear the dense vocal beat will all get ignored, which makes me feel unfit for this song

01:49:309 - i think following that vocal is more interesting than this rhythm :arrow: tried it, but to me the 01:48:997 - beat is too strong to cover it without a click... as you can see the vocal starts on bluetick

01:57:747 (4,5,6,7) - feels way too spammy, delete some slider and replace with circle plz... :arrow: if you listen carefully, you can hear that 4 strong sting or whatever sound, i was presenting that track. but if you insist, i think i could add a click 01:58:528 - , but i do not think it is necessary.
after irc, remapped a bit in kiai
http://puu.sh/AcgIG/21c0a40ccb.zip
Topic Starter
Rizen

Reazen wrote:

#from Modding Queue
Normal
01:36:184 (3) - I don't understand why you add circle here, It's weird since 01:34:934 - is basically the same yet there is nothing. Yea you did that later as well so it's consistent "pattern", but as song emphasis doesn't make sense. >> the overall density of the diff is reduced because it's a normal diff. mapping both would be too dense and neither would be too sparse.
02:41:809 - I think there should be something, 02:41:497 (4) - slider should be better, I don't think these stops on big ticks are good, feels really forced.
https://puu.sh/ya561/deec99da7f.png maybe something like this? >> should be fine, as mentioned before about rhythm density
Incandescence
01:04:465 - I think you should add circle, It's not like there is no sounds here. >>but there really is no noise there
01:06:965 - Same here, Yea I don't really like gaps like these, sure they match with vocal but somehow it doesn't feel right. :/ >>^
01:23:215 (4,2) - This stack is really awkward, these jumps actually should look more like 02:40:247 (1,2,3,4,1) - >>changed
02:02:747 (5,8) - I don't really see any reason for that stack, 02:03:059 (6,8) - stacking these two feels more accurate. >>I pretty much stacked all 1/2 circle+slider patterns here
Cool Mapset :D

Hailie wrote:

A bit late mod from my queue - just giving a couple suggestions

only modding the 2 difficulties
- I was gonna mod just the top and hard but it wasn't nothing at all I can see on the hard so I modding the normal in its place

• Incandescence
  1. 01:23:059 (5) - I suggest bringing this up a bit to maybe X:350 Y: 186 to a flow just a bit better >>done

• Normal
  1. 01:01:497 - imo - shouldn't it start a bit later to here 01:02:122 - since it isn't starting on nothing and the spot I pointed out is more noticeable
    I feel this is a simple change since all it is that you just making the slider smaller but I understand if you don't do it >>should be fine where it is now, the low hum noise starts where the slider starts
  2. 02:18:059 (3) - I felt it be more helpful new players if this circle was on the opposite direction than it is now >>sure
I listen to this song about an hour and still couldn't find much :c

I like the map and the song so I gave a few stars and GL

Kisses wrote:

04:16:028 (7) - hitsound on head for top diff >>fixedd

timemon wrote:

General
  1. You should add silenced sliderslide for the 33 set too. >>Shad0w1and to decide
  2. be sure to check soft-hitfinish3.wav, Modding Assist is angry at it for some reason. >>replaced with shadowland's finish hitsound
Easy
Your easy is so easy because the bpm is half of the guideline. in fact I feel like your normal is easy lol hmm

Normal
  1. 02:00:247 (3) - weird slider direction, would be better if you flip it to the other side. (ctrl+H) >>did something else but should be better now
Incandescence
  1. 00:23:997 - I feel this section object density is a bit too high, hitsound volume being very high is not helping it as well. When playing the map, you're bombarded with constant clicky sound even though the song is very calm which provides a poor feedback even when they are passively mapped. >>ok, now mostly 1/2 patterns and lowered hitsound volume here

01:33:997 - this section works very well because the song intensity is more than the former section.
    I think you should nerf the density by using more 1/2 (1/1 in normal maps) and lower the hitsound volume.

03:11:497 - suffers from the complaint that I have over 00:23:997 - as well. done
  2. 00:45:247 (2) - Can you explain why you put such a powerful sound on a sliderend? If you wish to follow the vocal you can split the slider and make it end early while still accomplishing the same result. Also considering all the same sound are actively mapped so its weird that this one is passively mapped. I'm just nitpicking things. >> ok, applied
  3. 02:26:340 (4) - the placement of this circle is not ideal as it breaks the general aesthetic of the map or how you place objects in general. >> fixed
The mapset looks pretty solid to me.

Nao Tomori wrote:

[taikocracy]
00:41:497 (1,2) - this looks kinda ugly
02:25:872 (2,4) - >> fixed both

01:23:372 (1,2) - the angle 4-1 plays really weird, can you keep the back and forth going instead? >> changed this part around a bit

03:17:122 (2) - jump feels too high pressure, ctrl g is better imo >> sure

03:50:168 (3) - add normal set so it sounds more natural >> ok

i feel like in some parts the drum hitsounding makes the instrument you follow sound too quiet, can you either lower the volume overall in the kiais or add some hs to stuff like 04:00:559 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - >>kiai volume lowered

[normal]
03:13:504 - this part needs to be way easier lmao, sv and density is same as kiais... >> nerfed

04:30:872 (4) - repeat? >> extended by 1/4 to follow drum roll instead

lmk wat time does
thanks for mods everyone(!

will finish replying soon
timemon
Looks good to me, except there are a few issues on the Modding Assist regarding the hitsounds.

Can you check them again to make sure it's not on my end.
timemon
w
Nao Tomori
Taikocracy

hopefully this post doesnt disappear - _-
Monstrata
Really bothers me that the preview point is like 0.2 seconds too late lol...

Atto instead of patto lol
Lumenite-
why is everyone using my name as a diff name
Shad0w1and
nvm
Izzywing
Hi rizen, im pretty sure the timing needs some work. There are sections that sound like 15 ms late (much of the first kiai, listen around 01:16:497 - 01:18:997 - its really noticeable. also see much of the second kiai like around 02:39:622 - ) Much of the slow parts around the first couple kiais sound late too, like the part at 01:42:741 -

I found it really noticeable when playing, would like to see either a flat -15 on everything (I think it would be reasonable enough) or some red lines for offset shifts, whatever you think works best.
Monstrata
Feel free to use my timing.

On the one condition you fix that preview point :angery:
Lasse
tried applying the -15 hobbes suggested to the whole map and while it sounds better in some spots, parts like 01:04:607 - 03:35:075 - now sound horribly off, doesn't seem like an improvement overall. so if anything it would have to be fixed with some additional red lines to adjust for offset changes

also what's the point of the red line at 02:11:497 - ?
it doesn't change offset/downbeat placement/bpm or time signature
Lasse
as requested
Topic Starter
Rizen
changes:

applied monstrata timing
fixed preview point
Lasse
01:13:054 (2,3,4,5,1) - still sounds off by like 20ms? https://i.imgur.com/8qsIoAF.jpg should solve it, didn't look over the whole thing so there might be other spots too

no idea what preview point "fix" happened since I don't know how the preview sounded before, but issues with preview time can be caused by vbr mp3, like used for this set, so replacing it with a 192kbps one might help?
idk if vbr might cause any other timing related problems (I remember reading something about varying offset depending on setup? not sure if that is actually the case though)
Nao Tomori
agree with lasse on the timing, its pretty noticeable i guess now that i looked for it lol

01:22:820 - this sounds a bit fucky too check that out

02:40:085 - noticeably off (and drum part right after)

02:49:617 (1,2,3,4,5) - do stars here cuz vocals are so different?

03:15:867 - this seems a bit unneded why not just a repeat

03:50:840 - drum's definitely around here lol
Topic Starter
Rizen
applied new timing throughout diff (lasse thing on first two kiais)
applied everything in nao's post, except for the last one because that one has a double drum beat, and the current snapping is to the second one which I hope is alright but if it's not then i'll change it wow this sentence is long

update 12/07/18: applied new new timing, thanks pishi
Nao Tomori
01:18:042 - sv fuck up on top diff
check all of them, all the ones where theres an sv change are now fucked up cuz the sliders start before the green line lol

while ur at it could you decrease hs volume in kiais by like 10-15% it seems a bit high rn especially cuz u dont follow ur main clickable rhythm with them anyway
Topic Starter
Rizen
reeeeeeeee checked

decreased first two kiai volumes by 5%. I still want a noticeable hitsound volume difference in nonkiai/kiai. last kiai i'll leave as is since the chorus is slightly louder than the other kiais
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.