forum

Where do you look when playing?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
stvmln
Hi guys! I just started playing osu!mania and I'm really liking it, but I'm not entirely sure where I'm supposed to be looking on the screen when I'm playing (i.e.: the bottom, the top or up and down constantly). Where you do guys look when playing?

Thanks!

Update: After playing a little more, I realised that (at least for me) the best place to keep your eyes locked is on the streak meter. It helps you focus and lets you see both the incoming notes and the bottom line.
Bobbias
Ideally you should be looking near the middle of the screen. If you want a good indicator of where that is, just turn on flashlight.

Looking too low doesnt give you enough time to react to incoming notes. For faster scroll speeds it may be better to look closer to the top of the screen, since higher speeds mean less time between when a note appears and when you have to hot it.

(this assumes downscroll. If you read upscroll, just reverse top and bottom)
Yyorshire
you should look at/around the center of the screen

i find it best to position my judgements right where i look so i can see how well i am doing
BakaDani
Try playing a map on HD (lower half hidden). It does cover more the more combo you have but about where it starts off is where you should be looking maybe a bit higher. You'll get used to looking there cause you want to have plenty of time to react to incoming notes
JahX_DELETED
middle
vcbiwjs13
I fix my judgment
abraker
top to center of screen
Laurencia
my keyboard
abraker

Laurencia wrote:

my keyboard
peripheral vision?
Ryu Sei
Where am I looking is where are you looking.

The screen.

Unless you're inputting cheat codes and decided to do FL with speed 40.