Beatmap Nominator
951 posts
there have been multiple instances of confusion caused by this lowdiff rule:
rule wrote:
If stacks are used, Stack Leniency must be set high enough for 1/1 hit objects to stack. Directly overlapping hit objects cause reading problems for new players.

this rule puts too much emphasis on the stack leniency setting, and not on whether there are perfect 1/1 stacks, which has lead to people suggesting to change the stack leniency setting even though it doesn't change anything in the difficulty. it also doesn't take into account how sliders have different stacking properties since it doesn't explicitly require all 1/1 stacks to stack. it needs a rewrite.

so uh here's a quick rewrite to iterate from:
better rule wrote:
All stacked 1/1 hit objects must not perfectly overlap. Perfectly overlapping hit objects cause reading problems for new players.

this would apply to easy, normal, and hard (with hard being 1/2 hit objects obs)
Combo Commander
444 posts
Beatmap Nominator
5,754 posts
quanhitter39 wrote:
:thumbs_up:

add something along the lines of;

This can be done manually, or with automatic stacking
Last edited by Kibbleru on , edited 1 time in total.
Global Moderator
4,621 posts
That would allow perfectly stacking 1/2 as long as 1/1 doesnt perfectly overlap by custom stacking XDDDD

Objects separated by an 1/1 interval or shorter timings must not overlap perfectly.

or sth like that
Last edited by Okoratu on , edited 4 times in total.
Beatmap Nominator
951 posts
Rhythm Rookie
1 posts
I am new an apology for not providing any useful opinion: c
Last edited by KnightDark2001 on , edited 1 time in total.
Rhythm Incarnate
1,141 posts
Kind of strange to bring up, but since the difficulty scales from normal > hard like 1/1 > 1/2 perfect stacking being disallowed. Would that also make sense to comment Insane to not have 1/4 perfect stacks

or possibly push for more clear guideline on how spread diffs work because with two insanes, the harder of the two having the perfect stack 1/4 should be non issue (?)

Otherwise yeah wording for new rule seems ideal

naitoshi isn't a mapper
Global Moderator
4,621 posts
hmmmm,

i'm not quite sure how much we can expect of players at that level - i personally wouldnt mind saying this about insanes as the lowest difficulty in a set though
Rhythm Incarnate
1,141 posts
I'm satisfied with that actually

naitoshi isn't a mapper
Quality Assurance Team
3,279 posts
Objects 1 beat apart or less must not overlap perfectly.
Objects 1/2 of a beat apart or less must not overlap perfectly.

"separated by 1/x interval or shorter timing" feels a little too complex for this. 1/1 1/2 etc is implied to be a time interval by the rest of the rc already

if requiring 1/4 stacks on certain insane diffs but not others, being a guideline may be more practical than a rule. could have it say "lowest diffs should autostack but higher ones dont need to" in the non-bold text
Global Moderator
4,621 posts
that is more simple yea

would put 1/4 shouldnt stack perfectly in insane that is lowest diff
Beatmap Nominator
5,754 posts
But then what if it was a double bpm or half bpm map?

if it's 80 bpm mapped as 160 would we still disallow 1/1 to be perfectly stacked? lol
Rhythm Incarnate
680 posts
Kibbleru wrote:
But then what if it was a double bpm or half bpm map?

if it's 80 bpm mapped as 160 would we still disallow 1/1 to be perfectly stacked? lol

I think rules and guidelines regarding timing refer to approximately 180 bpm
Reply 13 posts