16 posts jump | 1, 2  next
Whistle Blower
18 posts
I'm Reflexed, I have been playing osu! for 2 years. I have really bad anger issues, but not the kind where I curse or hit my parents or sisters, the kind where I hit my friends the strongest I can after they say the slightest offense to me.

osu! has become worse for me. It got to the point of self-harm, broken keyboards, mice and so on.

But it became even worse, I have been punching myself, almost breaking my cheekbone, giving myself a blackeye, just because of a beatmap. I have obvious psychological issues and I was thinking about suicide last year, but I didn't do it because I know it's wrong and everyone would be saddened in my family.

Should I go on a break of osu! for the good of myself or should I quit completely?
Slider Savant
115 posts
I questioned myself if I should quit because I also have anger issues. I broke like 5 pens already.
I did want to quit osu for a while but I decided to stay. I try to control my anger now. If I can't I just punch the floor hard or just lay on my chair and calm down.
[img:1337]https://media1.tenor.com/images/d8ff9629ade20e3fe0d95b919bdc96f4/tenor.gif?itemid=11140147[/img:1337]
Star Shooter
214 posts
Tatsuo-desu wrote:
I just punch the floor hard

I hope it's just soft carpeting.
We’re inert, in hurt, under dirt.

We’re not quite alert,

But we sought to avert.

We’re alert, in hurt, under dirt.

We can’t just divert,

But we can’t stay inert.
Slider Savant
115 posts
Achromalia wrote:
Tatsuo-desu wrote:
I just punch the floor hard

I hope it's just soft carpeting.

hmmmmmmmm

It isn't.
Last edited by Tatsuo-desu on , edited 1 time in total.
[img:1337]https://media1.tenor.com/images/d8ff9629ade20e3fe0d95b919bdc96f4/tenor.gif?itemid=11140147[/img:1337]
Star Shooter
208 posts
Things bottle up and you subconsciously look for something or someone to take it out on. People who are more emotional than others tend to develop these tendencies. It's either that or your general state of mind isn't set right (in which case I'd recommend professional help). We only have a vague understanding of your as a person so we're in no position to draw any conclusions.
Support Team
5,209 posts
You should definitely get some help and probably not play the game until you feel you are under control.
Rhythm Incarnate
2,645 posts
A hobby where you can work out your frustrations could also help. Something like Rugby or Boxing although I don't know your location.
Image Image Image Image

Best in the Ginga!
Whistle Blower
18 posts
Thanks for the tips guys, I'll try a hobby where I can release my anger.
Tempo Trainee
7 posts
When i get mad i will punch a rolled up towel or just take a break.

Try drinking more water
Are you getting enough sleep?
Try "berocca" or something similar to help focusing better, Berocca also helps your mood because of all the vitamins.

Good Luck on fixing your issue
Why did you leave the keys up on the table?
Rhythm Rookie
3 posts
Hey OP,
I've been fighting self-harm for the past 2 years now. It's definitely something that is very serious and operates far beyond what the game might make you feel.

Please don't feel embarrassed or scared to go seek professional help, if you can afford it. I don't know how the mental health system works in your country but I am sure that there are options available for you, especially if you have the support of your family to get better.

If you find that Osu! makes you mad but you can't stop playing it, it may mean you have a toxic dependence on the game. This might not be what you want to hear but for the sake of your friends and family I suggest that you open up to the possibility that taking an extended break might be better for your well-being in the long run.

There is nothing more important than your own health; the game's always going to be here.
I wasted my life microwaving jalapeno poppers

A love song for whom socks represent eudaimonia
Tempo Trainee
5 posts
If you think that taking a break will prevent you from continuing any of those listed acts, I recommend you take a break. It will probably be the best decision to take your mind off of it for awhile.
[b:1337]Ice[/b:1337]
Combo Commander
383 posts
if you're constantly hurting yourself and almost breaking bones over anything, the best thing to do is stop doing whatever is making you do that to yourself
Whistle Blower
18 posts
thank you guys <3
Rhythm Rookie
2 posts
dont play fortnite lol
Whistle Blower
18 posts
Palikoala wrote:
dont play fortnite lol

youre a funny guy arent ya.

anyways thanks guys for all the support. i've had professional help and that definitely helped me a lot. i am more focused and less angry towards any game now.
Reply 16 posts jump | 1, 2  next