forum

[osu!std] Cindelluna's Autumn Tour 2018 [FINISHED | RESULTS & STATS NOW PUBLIC]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cindelluna

Hello everyone and welcome to the second installment of my seasonal tours! This installment will be split into 2 parts (Part 1 & Part 2). Each part will last 4 weeks and have 2 rank brackets.

Previous Installment

General:
Challonge | Discord | Forum Post (google doc) | Stream | Time Converter

Sheets:
Registration Forms: [Part 1] [Part 2] [Staff]
Registry: [Part 1] [Part 2] [Staff]
Schedule: [Part 1] [Part 2]

1. This will be an osu! standard international tournament played head to head (1v1) in score v1
  2. The whole tournament will be split into 2 parts
    >Each part will have 2 rank brackets
    >Each part will last 5 weeks
  3. There are a total of 4 rank brackets
  4. The rank brackets for Part 1 are:
    >20,000 - 34,999 (20k - 34k)
    >35,000 - 55,000 (35k - 55k)
  5. The rank brackets for Part 2 are:
    >1,000 - 9,999 (1k - 9k)
    >10,000 - 19,999 (10k - 19k)
  6. Each part will have a lobby stage first, then a bracket stage (more info about this is below in the rules)
  7. Matches will only occur on weekends (Friday - Sunday)
  8. Win conditions:
    >Lobby Stage (see Lobby Stage section in the rules)
    >Round of 16 - Semifinals: BO9
    >Grand Finals Weekend: BO11
  9. We will be streaming matches starting the BRACKET STAGE, and only at CERTAIN TIMES
  10. Mappools are set come out the Monday before their weekend of matches
  11. Schedules are set to come out the Monday night before their weekend matches
  12. The mappool information & average difficulty ranges we will be following can be found here
  13. The top 8 players from the first installment (CST2018) are guaranteed spots in whatever bracket they belong to so long as they sign up within the appropriate registration dates for their rank and meet all other requirements (this is only a one time thing to thank the players who supported the very first installment)
  14. All times will be in UTC, a time converter is provided above in the links for those who do not know how to translate well between timezones

1. August 10, 15UTC - Forum post is live with all information, staff registration opens

Part 1:
  1. August 20, 15UTC - Registration opens
  2. September 7, 15UTC - Registration closes
  3. September 10, 15UTC - Part 1 player lists finalized, lobby stage schedule released, week 1 mappools released
  4. September 14-16 - Lobby stage occurs
  5. September 17, 15UTC - Week 2 mappools released + RO16 schedule released by the end of the day
  6. September 21-23 - RO16 occurs
  7. September 24, 15UTC - Week 3 mappools released + Quarterfinals schedule released by the end of the day
  8. September 28-30 - Quarterfinals occurs
  9. October 1, 15UTC - Week 4 mappools released + Finals schedule released by the end of the day
  10. October 5-7 - Semifinals occurs
  11. October 12-14 - Grand Finals occurs

Part 2:
  1. September 17, 15UTC - Registration opens
  2. October 5, 15UTC - Registration closes
  3. October 8, 15UTC - Part 2 player lists finalized, lobby stage schedule released, week 1 mappools released
  4. October 12-14 - Lobby stage occurs
  5. October 15, 15UTC - Week 2 mappools released + RO16 schedule released by the end of the day
  6. October 19-21 - RO16 occurs
  7. October 22, 15UTC - Week 3 mappools released + Quarterfinals schedule released by the end of the day
  8. October 26-27 - Quarterfinals occurs
  9. October 28, 15UTC - Week 4 mappools released + Finals schedule released by the end of the day
  10. November 2-4 - Semifinals weekend occurs
  11. November 9-11 - Grand Finals occurs

General Rules:

1. All players must be be within the ranks of their bracket at the start of the tournament. Should they decay or farm out of their bracket before the tournament starts, they'll be moved to their appropriate bracket at the end of registrations
  2. If during the tournament you rank past the limit or decay past the limit you are safe to stay in the tournament in your bracket
  3. To register you must have at least 100 hours minimum of playtime and an account that has been registered for at least 3 months
  4. Reserves are accepted, however, it is not a guarantee that you will be admitted into the tournament
  5. Reserves fill in empty spots left by players who drop out of the tournament at the start
  6. In order for a reserve to fill in an empty spot they MUST be in the rank range of the bracket of the empty spot
  7. The last day reserves are able to fill empty spots for Part 1 is September 13 @15UTC and for Part 2 is October 11th @ 15UTC
  8. Staff rules and limitations can be found here
  9. Joining the discord is mandatory for all players as it will be used to communicate to and between players and staff. No discord? Either make one or you will not be allowed to join.
  10. When joining the discord, please change your nickname to your in-game username, there will also be more instructions upon welcome to the discord
  11. In the event of a name change please notify staff via discord DMing
  12. Rescheduling rules will be posted and pinned in the channel labelled #reschedules
  13. Toxicity is not permitted. Cases will be judged individually by the staff, however in general, we will use a two-strike system (depending on the severity of the offense). Playful banter is perfectly acceptable, but outright flaming and harassment is not cool.
  14. The above rule applies to the discord as well, should any players harass or abuse other players or staff or regular members of the discord it will result in a strike.
  15. Previous winners are not permitted to play again in the bracket they previously won in for the duration of 1 installment.

General Match Rules:

1. It is highly recommended to be online 10 minutes before your match for the purpose of setting up lobbies, players who do not show up after 10 minutes from the scheduled match time will result in the match being a loss for them
  2. Players who don’t show up to their assigned match without notifying the staff of a time conflict will be blacklisted from the next installment of this tournament
  3. If you are scheduled for a streamed match, it is mandatory to be on 10 minutes before your match starts
  4. Disconnects are unfortunate, but they happen. A disconnect will be treated as a map loss, unless the player who didn’t disconnect agrees to replay the map. If a player is disconnected for longer than 5 minutes, the match will be considered forfeit.
  5. During a match, the ref will always have the final say for anything that happens in a lobby.

Lobby Stage Rules:

1. 4 lobbies of 8 players
  2. 7 maps are played
  3. Top 4 advance to the Bracket Stage
  4. Top 4 is determined by points which is determined by what place players place at on a map. Points are as following:
    >1st - 6
    >2nd - 4
    >3rd - 3
    >4th - 2
    >5th and lower - 0
  5. Should we not reach 32 players we will make adjustments and notify players.
  6. Should 4th and 5th place tie in points at the end of 7 maps then a tiebreaker is played between the two to determine who moves on
  7. There will be no banning or warmups
  8. Players will roll before each map to determine who picks, highest roll picks
  9. Once a player has won a roll they do not get to roll again unless need be
  10. If a player logs on after their lobby has started they are still eligible to play. However none of the maps that were played in their absence will be replayed and they will receive a 0 for every map they have missed.
  11. A freemod pick must include Hidden, Hard Rock, and/or Easy.
  12. Tiebreakers may be played nomod or they may include Hidden, Hard Rock, and/or Easy.
  13. No same mod maps may be picked in a row (per match pick)
    >For example: two nomod picks may not be played in a row, two hd picks may not be played in a row

Bracket Stage Rules:

1. Double elimination with a bracket reset
  2. Matches will be based on player availability, but must occur on the dates set for that match as observed in the schedules linked above
  3. Streamed matches will be at specific times that will be announced to players each week
  4. Winners bracket matches will take place on Friday - Saturday, losers bracket matches take place on Sundays (with the finals weekend being an exception to this)
  5. A roll at the start of the match will take place, winner of the roll gets first warm-up, second ban, and first pick, loser gets the opposite
  6. There will only be 1 ban per player
  7. Warm up maps are to be 4:00 or less, they may be longer only at the pre-approval of the ref and the other player. Anything exceeding 6:00 is banned from being used at all as a warm up
  8. A freemod pick must include Hidden, Hard Rock, and/or Easy.
  9. Tiebreakers may be played nomod or they may include Hidden, Hard Rock, and/or Easy.
  10. No same mod maps may be picked in a row (per match pick)
    >For example: two nomod picks may not be played in a row, two hd picks may not be played in a row

All players are expected to know and abide by these rules, no exceptions will given to those who break them. We are not responsible if you “didn’t know” about any of these rules considering that they are posted before the tournament even starts.

This is a list of players banned for varying amounts of times from participating in any installments due to varying reasons. Such reasons can be, but are not limited to: excessive toxicity, harassment, rule breaking, cheating, etc. Appeals can be handled by messaging the host (Cindelluna) via discord DM. The “Last Chance List” is for players who have appealed and been accepted back. However, these players are on their very last strike and should they break any rules/step out of line are permanently banned.The “Banned” list is for players who have officially been banned from competing in any future installment whatsoever.

Blacklist:

1. Clout-Friendly, duration = until spring installment 2019
  2. evildiego, duration = until spring installment 2019
  3. Geschwaetz, duration = until spring installment 2019
  4. Hiiiii5, duration = until spring installment 2019
  5. IxFire, duration = until spring installment 2019
  6. PainTensei, duration = until spring installment 2019
  7. Spry, duration = until winter installment 2018
  8. wonkie, duration = until spring installment 2019
  9. Zelepupka, duration = until spring installment 2019

1st
Profile badge + 4 months supporter + $50 USD
2nd
2 months supporter
3rd
1 month supporter

Host
  1. Cindelluna

Head Referees
  1. 1k - 9k | Apricity
  2. 10k - 19k | Nikolomara
  3. 20k - 34k | Kasumii-sama
  4. 35k - 55k | Kasumii-sama

Head Mappoolers
  1. 1k - 9k | Dblade
  2. 10k - 19k | Dblade
  3. 20k - 34k | Cindelluna
  4. 35k - 55k | Cindelluna

Spreadsheeters
  1. Head Spreadsheeter - Nonamegohst
  2. - [ n o c y ] -
  3. Dblade
  4. Nikolomara
  5. Rilex Zefire

Referees
- [ n o c y ] -, AFKBRB, Apricity, Bowlcut, burhac, Celsea, Cindelluna, IceDynamix, IzzKdr, Kasumii-sama, My Angel Erwin, My Angel Mikasa, Nikolomara, Nonamegohst, Rilex Zefire, SetsunaSaki, sinn, Syltrix, thefarrel007, this1neguy, TheMewMaster, Tilterino, Y u m e
Mappoolers
Cindelluna, Dblade, Hurrikn, Nikolomara,
Commentators
Apricity, Cindelluna, MacaroniMan, Nikolomara, Stylus, Syltrix, Thefarrel007, TheMewMaster

I’m in great need of more refs! Interested in working as one? Then feel free to sign-up through the staff sign-up form in the links above!! All the help I can get is much appreciated<3

♡Special Thanks♡

Mappooling Playtesters:
[ Hazard ]
Kaeldori
Loli Eater
Tilterino

Badge and Client Graphics
Trigonoculus
Khinae
Pog
Topic Starter
Cindelluna
TOURNAMENT NOW 100% COMPLETE
PUBLIC RESULTS AND STATISTICS

[1k - 9k]

Full Results | Statistics

[10k - 19k]

[20k - 34k]

[35k - 55k]

Final Sentiments From The Host

CAT 2018 is now 100% complete!

CAT has literally been eating up all of my free time since July when I had started early planning and work for it, I'm happy to see all of my efforts come to an end and pay off. This was my first time hosting a multi bracket tourney and my 2nd time hosting a tourney ever, wew.. Special thanks to all of my volunteer staff members who have been here since the start or came in half way. All of the help has been very much appreciated!!

Big thank you to Nonamegohst for his huge part behind the scenes working on all of the spreadsheets, fixing things when they break, and being there from the very start when I was preplanning CAT in July.
Syltrix, thank you for reffing some lobbies and commentating with me for a majority of Part 1 even though you're not really around the osu community anymore. I appreciate all the support you've given me in my endeavors and the positivity you've given all the players in CAT.
T1g, thank you for being the god ref you are. You were the hero Part 2 needed and really saved me from selling my soul to satan, err, double reffing lobbies. I appreciate all the support you've given me as well and your willingness to help reach out to other sources to help make CAT run.
Another big thank you to Saber for being my co-Head Mappooler and stressing over all of the mappools with me, without him the tournament wouldn't have been able to happen as well!
And lastly, thank you to all of the players who participated! Without you guys CAT wouldn't have even stayed alive, thank you all for your comments and feedback, it really motivated me to continue and push through all these sleepless nights of work to ensure I could give you all a good tournament experience ^^

So with all that said and done, ggwp everyone~
I think it's time I switch things up for a nice little game of roulette

<3
-Luna
signed, November 17th 14:21 Pacific Time

PainTensei
ok
Stylus
(^・ェ・^)
bread25
yup
Topic Starter
Cindelluna
Part 1 player registrations are now officially open!~
The registration form is available above in the links!
oishii
Geez i wonder who will win :o :o :o :o :o
Vertarix
h
_Whink
owo
Topic Starter
Cindelluna
Part 2 player registrations are now officially open!~
The registration form is available above in the links!
Topic Starter
Cindelluna
CAT2018 IS NOW OFFICIALLY 100% COMPLETED

All mappools, results, and statistics are now live publicly and can be found above on the second comment of this forum post. Again I thank everyone from the bottom of my heart that made this tournament possible and helped keep it running! This tournament was a part of me and a product of an endless amount of my own never-ending hard work. To see it end successfully means the world to me. I will see you guys in 2019 for the continuation of my seasonal tours for CWT: Cindelluna's Winter Tour <3
show more