forum

2+2key input blocking/locking

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
rhythm on osu
I would like for 2+2key (2 on keyboard, 2 on mouse) to not have input blocking/locking. That is, currently when k1 is held, m1 does not respond and vice versa, same with k2 and m2.
I know there aren't relatively many playing with 2+2key, but it's an inconvenience for those that do. It can cause seemingly random misses/sliderbreaks, and i can't find any way of getting around it (for example remapping keys can't fix it)
Toxi
press F10
Topic Starter
rhythm on osu

Toxi wrote:

press F10

I know that F10 enables/disables mouse keys, that is not my problem lol. My problem is that with mouse keys enabled, if im holding down key1, then mouse1 does not respond. And if i hold mouse1, then key1 does not (properly) respond. Same with key2 and mouse2.
Kiwyi
If you go to key bindings then you will the keys for K1 and K2. if you try to change them you will see it say something like (left mouse button). They both do the same thing. I know this may not be helpful, but maybe you can use K1 and M2 (or K2 and M1)
Topic Starter
rhythm on osu

Kiwyi wrote:

If you go to key bindings then you will the keys for K1 and K2. if you try to change them you will see it say something like (left mouse button). They both do the same thing. I know this may not be helpful, but maybe you can use K1 and M2 (or K2 and M1)

Well, im trying to use all 4 buttons for gameplay xd. If i was just trying to use 1 key on kb + 1 key on mouse, that would be no problem at all
Equbuxu
I'm pretty sure that it was intentially made this way to prevert anyone from playing with more than two buttons, while keeping the choise between mouse and keyboard.
Topic Starter
rhythm on osu

GSTACK wrote:

I'm pretty sure that it was intentially made this way to prevert anyone from playing with more than two buttons, while keeping the choise between mouse and keyboard.

If it is to deter people from playing with 4 keys, then fair enough lol. If it is a quirk of the programming/"unintended" then i would like it to be changed to make playing with this less confusing when misses happen. I would also like to know why it is like it is
show more