forum

Osu! Taiko Cheating?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Poco_a_pocoVT
So I had an interesting thought and decided to put it into action. I'd like some feedback and opinions on the matter.

I have a musical background and I'm positive I'm not the only one with a musical background playing Osu in any way but with Taiko in particular that because of the way the gameplay is set up it wouldn't be hard for someone to exploit the system. What I did was I slowed down a random beatmap of higher difficulty that I had and notated the beats onto sheet music. I placed the red notes lower and the blue notes higher.

This is but a small example but because of this method I was able to select the Hard Rock, Flashlight, and Hidden mod and never have to worry about looking at the screen. This of course sky rocketed my score into the 2nd place score on my first attempt while barely trying.

I'm curious if people think this is considered cheating, pp farming, or simply using my musical background in a strategic fashion. I'm also aware that with a little more effort it could also be done on Osu Mania.

I'm personally of the mindset that it's exploiting the musical background in an unfair way to other players. I would never continue to do this because I wouldn't consider me rank earned but nonetheless I wanted more opinions.
roufou
This isn't exactly the first time something similiar has been "invented", although this method is quite creative I think.

In any case I'd call it cheating, but it's a bit different from regular cheating, it kinda just breaks the spirit of the game. I would not exactly respect anyone who does this actively. (or rather I wouldn't respect them for their plays done like this)
Topic Starter
Poco_a_pocoVT

Trapmaniac wrote:

This isn't exactly the first time something similiar has been "invented", although this method is quite creative I think.

In any case I'd call it cheating, but it's a bit different from regular cheating, it kinda just breaks the spirit of the game. I would not exactly respect anyone who does this actively. (or rather I wouldn't respect them for their plays done like this)

I have to agree in every way. It just something about this way of doing things that doesn't satisfy. When there's a beatmap you just can't beat and then you either grind it there or come back to it and finally overcome it, it feels really good.
apaajaboleh10
Since cheating in this game is defined as using a third party software, this doesn't count as cheating (at least according to the game)
As for me, it's kinda cheesy to use this method. I wouldn't recommend you to do this.
koemada
this probably wouldn't count as cheating lmao,,, but I don't think you should use this method.