forum

AR10 reading

posted
Total Posts
show more
-Makishima S-
This, tbh I've seen some people who played HR since they're 100k ranks and they're still being a really good 4 digit HR player now so it's definitely possible. Though honestly I would much rather be able to do a map nomod first then put HR on it.
Core question is - how many of them are able to play properly complex maps (eg. mainly camellia) and how many are just farmed by overrated farm maps (eg. haitai / no title)?

I guess one find fun in overrated easy maps.
I never find this logical to cage yourself in one type of "fycho style" maps just to gain ranks and end up being unable to play marathons / complex maps at all.
Topic Starter
ManuelOsuPlayer

[Taiga] wrote:

He is another delusional player who think that spamming HR at certain point will make him better.

Expect him to come here (if he doesnt quit) in half year and cry how to fix acc / reading.
Why are you talking like you know me? I'm playing since 2013, i'm not going to quite even if i don't improve. If you're going to talk shit without know people better shut the fuck up.
7ambda

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Why are you talking like you know me? I'm playing since 2013, i'm not going to quite even if i don't improve. If you're going to talk shit without know people better shut the fuck up.
We know you better than you know yourself.
Sayorie

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

I'm playing since 2013
stop being so self-absorbed and accept your mistakes
no wonder you're stuck for 4 years, heck, I started clicking circles around one year ago
kai99

Sayorie wrote:

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

I'm playing since 2013
stop being so self-absorbed and accept your mistakes
no wonder you're stuck for 4 years, heck, I started clicking circles around one year ago
lol apply cold water to burn area.

Isn't the point clear tho? Don't use HR, use AR10 maps instead, it's not that desirable to stick to one style, orrrr you could just stick to HR all the time and ya know, life is life, you play osu, get better skills, you can do whatever you want. at this point i dont even know what this thread is for...........
Yolshka

[Taiga] wrote:

I guess one find fun in overrated easy maps.
Oh well...
It's getting really lonely here recently, on the side that appreciates the simplicity of such maps.

Manuel, i don't think you are missing out on too much, just a mod, and a few nomod maps.
Kazutakee
I might not be the more common HR player out there, but I believe I have grasped the fundamental aspects on the mod and how it works.

Manuel, If I was you I would rather than embarking on a long HR journey to succes, work on my overall consistency.
HR is a lot about consistency and rhythmic sense and is, compared to nomod, not possible to mash to due to its high overall difficulty and health drain. I know you don't play for PP but I still believe you play maps that are too early for you if you want to do them well (based out from accuracy and miss rate) .
Even if it's not for competitiveness, improving the fundamentals will always be the best choice.
E m i
why are people in this thread acting like od10 makes you play worse?
if i get 90 ur with near perfect normal distribution of hits on two 500 circle + 500 slider maps, one with od8 and one with od10 - they will be different acc, but same play. gg.

i hear a lot of bullshit like od11 won't help you get better acc because you're getting 88% so that's shit acc so you can't improve
or od0 won't help you get better acc because you never know when you hit incorrectly so you can't improve

and i'm just like "turn the hitsounds on you retards"
7ambda

Momiji wrote:

why are people in this thread acting like od10 makes you play worse?
if i get 90 ur with near perfect normal distribution of hits on two 500 circle + 500 slider maps, one with od8 and one with od10 - they will be different acc, but same play. gg.

i hear a lot of bullshit like od11 won't help you get better acc because you're getting 88% so that's shit acc so you can't improve
or od0 won't help you get better acc because you never know when you hit incorrectly so you can't improve

and i'm just like "turn the hitsounds on you retards"
when you see bad acc, you think, "man, i suck," and then you play worse
E m i
:idea: i get that because i'm retarded.

Don't be like me. : )
Sayorie
Because going straight to OD10 is quite unforgiving.
Why not go along the OD ladder to make it easier?
kai99

Sayorie wrote:

Because going straight to OD10 is quite unforgiving.
Why not go along the OD ladder to make it easier?
^
Railey2
because he wants to play HR?

i think you're all missing the point here.

He doesn't care about the fastest route to success, he just wants to comfortably play what he likes.

The best advice for him would proably be to just play with NF on all the time.
Sayorie

I don't mean to go personal on him here, but we're just genuinely helping him to become the best HR player despite all the flaming. The ride will never be smooth if you have a goal that high, and that includes taking lots of criticism.
Topic Starter
ManuelOsuPlayer
I already discover my mainly problem. I had high sensitivity. Playing with mouse the pieze what move when you move fast the mouse by reaction make the mouse keep moving alone if you don't grab it well. That was making my aim pretty unestable shaking a lot. I just down mouse sensitivy and dpi and know i can play much better HR and no afect to nomod plays.
That was my mainly problem and not reading. I thougth it was reading cause i got losed cause i was to focused to aim well without focus on the circles on the screen.
I think i can improve well from now. Thank's for the tips, i'll play more no mod to get better reading on complex patterns and more consistence.
Sayorie
Don't forget to have fun. :)
thr1ve

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

And how I'm going to improve playing HR without playing it? I don't improve faster playing it? I don't understand it.
How am I ever going to bench press 100kgs without benching 100kgs? Hmm... I wonder.

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

I don't have any problem with patterns.
No.

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

I máster AR 9, that was the only AR what i play for almost 2 years.
No. https://scr.hu/7d42n6

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

I don't know man, i feel like isn't the time what i have, cause to acc x300 AR10 i have to wait a little so my reactions and speed are totally fine to play inanes+extras HR

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

I totally need to learn how to read complex paterns and improve reaction time reading them. I think my general reaction time, aim and raw aim are good. I can do only jumps maps with HR perfectly.
No.

I'm a HDHR player with more expierence than you and maaaan, I'm bad. Posts like these, break my heart man...
The vibe I get from your post is "My osu skylz are SICK, I just need AR10 to complete my new pp gain jutsu and I'll be top ranking those insanes and extras, yeah! Chorizo!". Obviously, something is wrong. You're not as good as you think you are. Stop being cocky and acknowledge how much of a road you have ahead of you to reach where you want to be. You want to skip a few steps, in the end it will backfire.
Seriously I can't believe how cocky about your osu skylz you are man. I'm gonna tell you the truth. You're weak. You're so weak... but you can always improve. What I recommend for you is, don't touch HR until you're 4-5k pp(Unless you want to be this guy https://osu.ppy.sh/u/Neeshi#_leader) Sorry Neeshi. <3

What Cookiezi has to say: https://scr.hu/2jwn4e

I wish I knew how to BBCode better. :(
Nattsun

[Taiga] wrote:

HR is all about accuracy, your sucks, deal with it.
You will never learn HR if you don't fix your acc.
B-but OP can acc od7 maps with 98% accuracy, he is the prodigy, you could say the next Bikko.

@OP: Play nomod, it's still a long way to go for you to play HR. Learning AR10 would take a weak on McOsu with some dedication, but it's pretty much a useless ability, especially in your rank. OD10 doesn't make things easier, it punishes you for everything. The smaller circle size is probably the easiest thing to learn, on the other hand we have Irre maps.

Just play AR9 like everyone else, please, you are not a prodigy, you are not a metronome, heck, you can climb up to top 2000 with ~AR9 maps, nomod.

@thr1ve damn you firetrucked OP... At least you said the truth.
Attenox
Play AR8+DT (9.67), then you won't be too far from playing AR10
I never found HR a good way to play AR10 with because of OD and CS.
If you don't want DT you can just edit maps and change the to 10 and play easy stuff so you get used to the speed of it then move onto harder stuff which requires more aim etc.
Rythmbomb
-
Rynnavinx
n e c r o
Topic Starter
ManuelOsuPlayer

Rythmbomb wrote:

I'd suggest playing maps without HR at first. Just go into editor; choose a song, start editing, and then go to song setup and change the AR to 10. It will help because you won't have to deal with the OD or HP. Then after you are comfortable, start using HR for a while, try doing jump maps with minor triples or streams. After that you can try streams. After you are done playing stuff like that you can try HD but for me personally HDHR is harder than just HR right now, but I am still learning how to read AR 10 and so far it is going great. You just have to practice a lot. Good luck!
I'm already passing 6*+ maps with HR and got a lot of fc on other server. I think you're a bit to late.
Ar10 is a joke right now. OD10 sightreading is the boss do.
For players who try to get something usefull from this post on the future:
Ignore all what has been said before this, because is going to be a lot of wrong and not well explained info.
To be able to read AR10 totally fine i did the next:

-Build muscle memory on top of follow points to don't shit miss jumps anymore, increasse speed, reduce strain reading and focus more on other things.

-Farm from 70k to 32k in 3 or 4 sessions sightreading, playing DT, and nomod. Used tillerino !r and playing all topranks from other players once.

-Spam HR for a week on maps at the higher star ratting i could handle nomod, but adding HRNF. 1 play for each map, no quit, no retry.

-Practice DT maps from 200pp to 350pp for a week.

I tested hundred of things. That are the ones what worked. About acc and consistence, i'm still work on them, but a really good HR player recommend me play low bpm maps with HR, so i'm sure that will work.

You may have some problems after learn AR10 to acc something under. But that problem goes away after spam lower AR for a week or 2, without touch high AR. And then you will be able to play Low AR and High AR changing from map to map wothout problem anymore. And those skills aren't going to be forgoted if you keep doing a balanced practice playing a bit of everything.

After get used to it, you can play AR10 without follow points, what ay help to play streams and read them more consistenly.