forum

Nobuo Uematsu - Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Main Theme

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
flyboy87
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, March 28, 2009 at 7:59:53 AM

Artist: Nobuo Uematsu
Title: Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Main Theme
BPM: 150.01
Filesize: 25732kb
Play Time: 01:56
Difficulties Available:
  1. Master Hand (4.61 stars, 206 notes)
  2. Normal (3 stars, 151 notes)
  3. Training (1.43 stars, 115 notes)
Download: Nobuo Uematsu - Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Main Theme
Download: Nobuo Uematsu - Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Main Theme (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Main OP theme from SSBB.

Seeing that not many has attempted to map this awesome song, I thought I should do it.

^___^

Fix 1:Based on fufe's suggestions.
Fix 2: Changed offset
Fix 3: Changed lots of stuff, lolololol
Fix 4: Fixed lots of stuff... again!
Fix 5: Fixed stuff and new difficulty added!
Fix 6: Major overhaul on Master Hand and some minor fixes!
Fix 7: Hard and Intense difficulties removed and timing changes for all difficulties with Training and Normal redone. Inevitable Kiai Mode added for future playability.
Fix 8: Major fix on all timings and offsets. :)
Fix 9: Fix on offset on Master Hand and some stacking changes on Training
Fix 10: Fixed on spacings and note placements based on vytalibus's suggestion.
Fix 11: Updated hitsounds based on 0_o's suggestion.
Fix 12: Reduced and replaced whistle and clap hitsounds and moved notes based on SFG's suggestion.
Fix 13: More fixes based on SFG's suggestion
Fix 14: Replaced a hitsound
Fix 15: Reduced unecessary timing sections, added timing sections and resnapped based on vytalibus's suggestion.
Fix 16: Added skinning (Credit to ROMaster2) and Yoshi combo burst ~<3
Fix 17: Decided to use default hitcircle number after all ^^;
Fix 18: Fixed title, repositioned breaks and added more skinning to add to the "Brawl" feel.
Fix 19: Removed and replaced a hitsound in Master Hand
Fix 20: Replaced note in Normal based on Kharl's suggestion
fufe
cool map, the bpm's look stable. Heres what i got.

Hard-
First off ill state i don't like the unstacked rapid hits in 'hard' map.It's a personal preference so take it or leave it but I have much more fun on this map if I stack all the rapid hits instead of cascade them. Well.. I cant pass the finale as it is now...lol

00:13:333 6,7 This just sounds bad to me. nudge 7 forward one? (the spinner as well then)
01:52:346 sounds better without whistles. . .

Insane-
ok im not too well versed in what is fair game in insane land so forgive me if iono what im talking about.
00:09:682 2,3,4 its a rapid 3 hit combo but its split hit, hithit on the beatmap, all sandwiched between other notes. Needs to have a 'tell' so that it can still be intuitive.
00:22:244 same thing. Maybe I'm just not pro enough but, at this speed, if I see a line im gunna click a line without stopping.
01:54:715 8,9,10 seems like a harsh jump compared to the rest of the combo?

I think these spinners should be replaced by a hit then a spinner after. I feel like its missing the sound.
00:42:991
00:58:409
01:33:329
-this happens in normal too

which parts were "off?"
Topic Starter
flyboy87
Hmm, I somehow feel that the notes during the 53s sounded a little off. :(

At the Insane level, it's fine to "hide" the notes behind one occasionally. :P
fufe
I see how the 53's feel awkward on Hard but slowing it down it sounds correct. Try playing with sliders instead of hits there. I like how it sounds if you make 4 and 5 a slider. 6 and the next few hits work very well. (btw 6- new combo?)

After modding more maps i agree with you on insane =p
but.
00:03:38 (1,2,3) & 00:04:18 (5,6,7) - at least make them consistent. One of them has a stacked hit the other is three cascaded.

01:07:77 (1) - area sounded a little off to me. i got an offset of 67727 here. Check it for yourself before u change it.

Thats it for now I think. Starpowar
Topic Starter
flyboy87
Yeah, I got the offset at 1:07:818 and it sounds good! :)

Lolz, thanks!
0_o
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
TheRagnarok
I see there is already some detailed modding here, so I want to focus on timing for now. I suggest you addapt these new numbers into all your timing sections & resnap.
Timing Section #1:
BPM: 150.074
Offset: 971

Timing Section #2:
I THINK this is right. The woman vocalist sings free-form here, I don't think the timing here applies to her voice.
BPM: 75.202
Offset: 30,982

Timing Section #3:
BPM: 149.774
Offset: 45,331

Timing Section #4:
Again, more free-form vocalists. I'm fairly sure this is on beat though
BPM: 75.202
Offset: 67,790 (This'll change fufe's suggestion, but hey, this is just my opinion)

Timing Section #5:
Huh, it looks like you started this section on the offbeats. Which CAN work, but is generally easier (for modders too) to implement timing on the beat.
BPM: 150.010
Offset: 83,753

Normally I'd try to keep the same tempo for the fast sections of the song...but they do seem to vary slightly, so this is what I came up with.

I'd like to look at the map itself later on. I'll probably star it when I do :D
Topic Starter
flyboy87
Whew, with all comments in mind. I made a lot of uhh... minor changes which leads to a major change.

Thank you!
TheRagnarok
General:
* I would HIGHLY recommend applying the soft hitsounds for timing sections 2 & 4. I feel like I'm listening to a soft choir in some religious sanctum when a marching band's drumline bursts through the door blowing whistles and beating drums. Please use the other samples.
* Maybe you should insert a background image, so when the player starts/finishes, there aren't moments of a blank & blue background (before the vid starts up or after it finished). Google Brawl wallpaper images...there are tons out there!
* I'm glad you considered some of my timing sections, but I might still stress changing Timing Section #3. Try listening from 00:51:768 on [Hard] to see where it falls behind

[Training]
* 00:09:366 (1) - Purely cosmetic: Consider lifting the slider end a little so it doesn't overlap with (2). Make you map feel pretty ;)
* 00:24:159 (2) - Space slightly farther...it's currently misleading
* 01:56:150 (1) - Space a little closer
* 01:56:650 (2) - Move 1/4 left to white tick?

[Normal]
* 01:33:452 (1) - Extend Slider by 1/4. You had it that way on Training
* 01:51:751 - I kinda liked what you did with the previous slider/beat combo, but you didn't do it again here. Maybe you should for symmetry's sake?
* 01:56:650 (2) - I think you're convinced that the final note in the music is delayed...I'm inclined to disagree. This note feels much more natural on the white tick. One man's opinion, though

[Hard]
Your spacing is starting to get claustrophobic here (comes with faster notes). Be warned, I think BAT's might dislike close spacing like this. Consider increasing the spacing standard here.
* 00:03:369 (1 - 8) - Try switching the Beat Snap divisor to 1/6, and try placing these notes as triplets. I think it'll sound more natural that way (right now the beats seem rather blunt)
* 01:21:318 (5) - Eh...the slider ending seems anticlimactic. Maybe Try playing with when the slider ends
* 01:56:650 (4) - See previous comment on [Normal]

[Master]
I would choose the name "Intense" in the name of Brawl. But that's just me :D
Again, seriously consider larger spacing throughout here.
* 00:03:369 (1 - 8) - See previous comment on [Hard]
* 01:46:251 (1) - Extend spinner by 1/4
* 01:56:650 (4) - See previous comment on [Normal]

And that is all. I'd like to see some of these addressed before I throw a star.
Topic Starter
flyboy87
Alright, I think I changed it based on your opinion.

It does sound and play better.

Thanks! :)
TheRagnarok
I think I like what I see here.

I also think I see a shooting star! It just landed on your map. :P
Topic Starter
flyboy87
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Doomsday
heres my suggestions:

[TRAINING]
00:37:402 (1) - the spacing between this and the slider are too close. you need to move this away from it.
00:38:197 (2) - this is too close to (1), the slider after this is also too close. the beats are slower, so the spacing needs to be wider.
00:40:187 (2) - too close to the sliders.
00:42:176 (1, 2) - Too close to each other
01:07:818 (1, 2, 3) - Too close to each other.
01:11:001 (1) - too close to the stack before it
01:13:388 (4) - too close to the stack
01:14:184 (1, 2 ,3) - too close to each other
01:17:367 (3) - Too close to the stack and the slider
01:19:754 (1, 2, 3) - too close to each other
01:26:952 (1) - move this left by 1, so its in line with the last hitcircle

[NORMAL]

00:49:766 (2, 3) - im not sure if having hitclrcles under sliders like this is legal. I'd move away anyway.
00:55:777 (2) - i'd move this away instead of stacking it, but you can keep it as a stack if you want.

[HARD]

00:03:369 (1, 2) - i'd find it best just to have (3) there, but again, but you can keep them if you want.
00:12:965 (5) - is that supposed to be there? looks like a mistake to me. if it is supposed to be there, it doesn't follow the beat too well. maybe fiddle with those beats on the timeline to make them follow a rythm better, but it could be just me.
00:19:361 (5) - move this right by 1.
00:42:176 (1, 2) - its probably best to stack these on top of the start of the slider
00:50:566: (5) - move this left by 1

[INTENSE]

01:31:352 (7) - move this down by 1
a lot of hitcircles under sliders, but again, im not sure wether they are legal. i don't think they are.

a lot of these are just nitpicks though. this is overall a good map, and with a little work, it should be a good contender for ranking.

star'd.
Topic Starter
flyboy87
Oh, wow!

Since thouse are nitpicks, I'd better go work on them!

Thank you very much!

Edit: Updated with a new difficulty!
Starrodkirby86
Oh man, I seriously shouldn't be modding this late. I'm so tired...There's nothing comprehensive for [Hard] and [Intense], mainly since I'm tired...I was condoning quite a lot I guess...

[Training]:
00:04:54 (2,3) - Looks kinda sloppy around here. :/
00:38:99 (1,2,3) - Over here you have this acting as a 1/2 or 8th, but at that spacing back over in 00:32:62 (1,2,3,4), it clearly shows something else. It may be confusing, but I highly doubt it thanks to the rings.

[Normal]:
00:51:36 (1) - I'm not fond of this hitcircle in a tag-team environment. (The combo marking)
01:48:55 (1) - You don't need this circle. Let the spinner go over this. Remove this circle...

[Hard]:
01:23:70 (1) - I think you should realign this to the offset the new timing section begins it at.
01:56:15 (1,2,3,4) - This rhythm is questionable. It should be 1/3rds going the whole way, not 1/4s.

[Intense]:
01:56:15 (1,2,3,4) - This rhythm is questionable. It should be 1/3rds going the whole way, not 1/4s.

Offset-wise...there definitely is some problems here and there. I would try and help, but the multiple timing sections would just throw me in and chew me out beaten up...So I really can't do much... I think the timing section with 45,359 should be 45,333 though on offset.

Please add a background. It's now a requirement for a beatmap to have a background for it to get ranked.

Star. :3
Topic Starter
flyboy87
Thanks for modding!

The 45,359 -> 45,333 offset you suggested was perfect. However, I did not change the offset based on what you suggested in Hard and Intense because I felt that it went out of beat.

I re-uploaded the song with BG. (I swore I had a BG before you modded, but oh well...)

Also, I now have new style of mapping, so I remade Master Hands to my current style.

Thanks for the star!
mattyu007
Timing
orz...Headache >_<
This is probably inaccurate to some degree, but it's pretty good to me...
1. Offset: 5,409ms BPM: 150.074
2. Offset: 32,599ms BPM: 147.000
3. Offset: 39,048ms BPM: 150.600
4. Offset: 67,784ms BPM: 149.140
5. Offset: 83,781ms BPM: 150.000
You may adjust the BPMs by half and double as you see fit

All difficulties
Re-set the breaks after changing timing
(Right-click in the timeline, then insert a new break)

Master Hand
Not much to say, looks pretty good
I like your new mapping style :P Not so cramped

Intense
Assuming you used Distance Snap, increase the Distance Spacing (Alt+Mousewheel)

Hard
Re-set the breaks
01:40:55 (3,4,5,6,7) - Move (3) and (4) to have the points overlap completely (You can disable DSnap and GSnap by holding down Alt + Shift)

Normal
00:21:36 (2,1) - Double the spacing
00:38:99 (1,2) - ^
00:41:38 (6,1) - ^
01:17:32 (5,1) - ^
01:21:49 - Add a break

Training
00:40:58 (3,1) - Increase spacing
01:22:33 - Add a break

I hope I didn't nazi too much =/
Topic Starter
flyboy87
Lol, I didnt get your timing at first, but I finally got it and remade two difficulties, excluding Master Hand.

Thanks!
Topic Starter
flyboy87
Auuu... :(

Bumperz
K2J
Hells yes.

[Training]

On song setup, take stacking down two notches so the beats starting at 01:45:37 (1) stay centered.

[Normal]
01:44:57 (1) - Consider having the previous slider repeat instead of this; it sounds sort of odd.

[Master Hand]
01:45:38 (4) - Is this parallel? I can't really tell.
The sliders between the last couple of spinners look odd, but with the video in the background, it sort of makes sense.

(Timing)
The second timing section (Offset: 31,001ms BPM: 73.50) seems a bit slow to me.

(Thematic Suggestions)
Keep in mind that these are only suggestions; the map is very well done as it is.

Consider your countdown. The song is very quiet, so having the countdown at the start is somewhat out of character. On the other had, you could have the countdown, but with custom sound samples relating to Brawl (feel free to rip them out of Meta Knight's Revenge, they're: count1s, count2s, count3s, and gos).

Also, you might want to choose your difficulty names a little bit more evenly. I realize "Normal" is a difficulty in SSBB, but perhaps you could change it, just the same?

Anyway, star.
show more