forum

KOTOKO - agony

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
K-S-O
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, December 01, 2007 at 10:49:47 AM

Artist: KOTOKO
Title: agony
BPM: 132.03
Filesize: 11452kb
Play Time: 02:30
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (0.75 stars, 119 notes)
  2. Normal (2.65 stars, 225 notes)
  3. Hard (4.76 stars, 387 notes)
  4. Insane (5 stars, 629 notes)
Download: KOTOKO - agony
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
My latest beatmap is set to KOTOKO's "agony" which is the ending theme of the anime Kannazuki no Miko. Hope you enjoy.
Fraeon
It's pretty nice.

I'm not sure whether anyone else agrees, but it feels slightly tighter when the offset's at 25600. Play around with it a bit. Otherwise...I have no big qualms.
Topic Starter
K-S-O
I tried the beatmap with the offset you suggested. I didn't hear much of a difference, except in the insane level when some of the beats sounded like they were too early.
Fraeon

K-S-O wrote:

I tried the beatmap with the offset you suggested. I didn't hear much of a difference, except in the insane level when some of the beats sounded like they were too early.
Hmmm... fair enough. It's completely playable as is, though, so I'd approve.

Let's see what others think of it, though.
Topic Starter
K-S-O
I refined the insane beatmap. Thought some of the beat placement wounded kind of off.
eyup
The offset sounds slightly off at 25630 and slightly off at 25600... 25615 anyone? :mrgreen:

From what I can see the maps are pretty epic, especially Hard and Insane. Nothing wrong with the beatspacing now though - it's intuitive, although whether anyone can click fast enough to keep up with the beats is another matter :D Can you pass Insane yourself? I already find Hard extremely difficult to even get to the first break (hence it has a 5-star rating, natch).
Topic Starter
K-S-O
I only hear some minimal differences with the offset at 25615, though I cannot really point out which one sounds better.

I cannot even pass Insane levels on other people's beatmaps, let alone my own. The game is difficult to play with a mouse!
peppy
Wow, how did this get forgotten?

I'm ranking this - I can't see any problems with it!
Saturos
One of my personal favorites. Seems spot on as far as timing is concerned. Excellent work; though I'm still trying to figure out if I can somehow manage to pass insane w/o easy mode. :?
Ryusho_old
I just played normal on this, Something about the timing feels off.
Saturos
BPM is slow. Funny that I'm saying this now, but I guess I'm just better at noticing this than I was 8 months ago.

You'll need to time your hits late in the beginning, and early by the end of the map.
IsThisASignoftheEnd
UGH.

I've played this song so many times today (on half time of course) and everytime I get past the hard part where I usually break my combo, something else miserable happens that isn't my fault at all.

The last time I was close (475) my mom started talking to me and I couldn't focus, ending in 5 misses.
This time, at 435, my AIM pops up for no reason at all, and makes me miss because pressing x does absolutely nothing in AIM.

UGHHHHHHHH. GOING TO KILL THIS MAP.
James
so why blame the map instead your mom and AIM? ^^
The Observer_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
IsThisASignoftheEnd

James wrote:

so why blame the map instead your mom and AIM? ^^
You misunderstood. I don't blame the map at all, but I hate it because it's so difficult to get anywhere near FCing it.
James
i was bored, okay?
its impossible to have less than 5x's for me.
i once reached 200ish combo but i cant see the next notes after a slider. i guess i havent memorized the map AT ALL.
spunout was there so that it wont increase my playcount. i actually spun in this run.

edit: higher score w/ replay

Download: James - KOTOKO - agony [Insane] (00010101120000).osr
James
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.

James
*sigh*

Rolled
ShaggoN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjjMiJ8Xv5o Check this.
He IS the master.
show more