forum

Billy Fogarty - Jumpin' Jack Flash - Faithful EBA Beatmap

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Aliento
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Friday, November 23, 2007 at 10:02:18 PM

EDITArtist:The Rolling Stones/Billy Fogarty (EBA Cover)
Title: Jumpin' Jack Flash
BPM: 149
Filesize: 1691kb
Play Time: 02:07
Difficulties Available:
  1. Sweatin' (4.77 stars, 336 notes)
Download: Billy Fogarty - Jumpin' Jack Flash
---------------
Hey people! I worked LONG and HARD on this. God, copying the patterns from a youtube video isn't NEARLY as fun as just freestylin' it. The timing was hard to pick up too.

Anyways, for your enjoyment, I made a faithful recreation of the Sweatin' beatmap of Jumpin' Jack Flash, from Elite Beat Agents! I made everything as accurate as I possibly could, down to the colors of the beats (though there are some discrepancies, since the EBA version doen't always adhere strictly to the standard color pattern)!

Anyways, I couldn't have gotten this right without eyup! Seriously, this man (woman?) is like a miracle worker for beatmaps! Thank you!

And so now I feel it's finished! If you have any sort of comments or complaints, feel free to tell me and I may address them. Any and all feedback is more than welcome.
eyup
BPM: 149
Offset: 29268
Set beat divisor to 1/4, and resnap all notes. Check through the entire song to make sure there are no beats that are off.

As far as I can tell, everything else is nicely done. I seriously doubt there will be many people who will ever notice the difference in combo colours (let alone note patterns), but it's great to see you trying to take the extra step for authenticity's sake!

Not sure about the song artist - it just sounds wrong to NOT have the Stones as the artist. I know it's a cover, but still! I recommend you change it.
LuigiHann
It'd be inappropriate to put "The Rolling Stones" as the artist, but you could leave the artist field blank, or put "Cover" or "Elite Beat Agents" as the artist. I have no problem with "Billy Fogarty" as the artist, though; he deserves credit for what is an excellent and unique cover.

In summary, I fundamentally disagree with what eyup said :mrgreen:
eyup
In that case, we'll need to change ALL of ZZT's beatmap's artists, won't we :roll:

I'd be happy with The Rolling Stones - Jumpin' Jack Flash (EBA) or something. Even the (EBA) isn't necessary, really. But this is a moot point. The beatmap is nice :D
ZZT the Fifth

eyup wrote:

In that case, we'll need to change ALL of ZZT's beatmap's artists, won't we :roll:
C'mon, gimme some credit. I've made some original beatmaps. :P
LuigiHann

eyup wrote:

I'd be happy with The Rolling Stones - Jumpin' Jack Flash (EBA) or something. Even the (EBA) isn't necessary, really. But this is a moot point. The beatmap is nice :D
My argument is this: in all the other EBA covers, the cover is an attempt to accurately mimic the original track. EBA's JJF has the same melody and lyrics as the Rolling Stones version, but if you listen to the songs side by side, they're pretty different takes on it, especially in the delivery of the vocals. At least as different as, say, Vision Divine's version of "Take on Me" is different from A-ha's.
peppy

ZZT the Fifth wrote:

C'mon, gimme some credit. I've made some original beatmaps. :P
I think you missed the point of the conversation there! Discussing artists, not creators.
Topic Starter
Aliento
Is anyone going to, you know, talk about the beatmap? this topic has 6 replies, but only one of them mentions the beatmap at all. This was hard work. I'd appreciate a little feedback.

Regardless, the artist field has now been edited to mention both the cover artist AND the Stones, so I tried to make EVERYONE happy.
peppy
Give us a chance - there are about 50 other beatmaps that were posted before yours that are not yet moderated. A lot of moderators are very inactive leaving the remaining of us with hefty workloads (we are looking for new members - irc if anyone is interested.)

Your song will be looked at in time.
Fraeon
I blame Mass Effect.

Watch this space.

EDIT: I'm not really seeing anything really wrong here. Just needs an easier (Cruisin'? Breezin'?) beatmap to go with it to be ready for primetime. No stars yet, though, but I'm not seeing how there'd be any problems after an easy version is released.
eyup
I think it's OK to rank now. An authentic EBA map can never be ranked too early :D It would be great if you could map out the other difficulties and upload them in time!
eyup
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Aliento

eyup wrote:

Double posting otherwise you probably won't notice. Um, I really should have checked through the song a bit more thoroughly before ranking, but did you have to make EVERY SINGLE NOTE (almost anyway) a Finish? o_0 It sounds absolutely crap, like there's crackling static all throughout the song due to the cymbal sounds interfering with each other. Finishes and whistles should be used in moderation only!
Static, really? that's odd.

The reason I did that was because the song felt...empty without them. And I would use whistles if they actually existed in EBA. Ok, *sigh* fine, I'll go back through and fix it up some more
Cecilthemos
Going to update it without all finishes? It doesn't take long to change the sounds.
LuigiHann
I'm not saying you should, because this would be a pain, but going through the DS version of the song to see where finishes were used, and making sure your beatmap matches perfectly... seems like the type of thing you might do ;)
Topic Starter
Aliento
Hey Guys. Well, I fixed the beatmap so that now there are only a handful of finishes. But it wont let me update it from the editor. What do I do?
LuigiHann
Bumping this thread: Can someone fix the sound effect issue? It's a great beatmap otherwise.
peppy

Aliento wrote:

Hey Guys. Well, I fixed the beatmap so that now there are only a handful of finishes. But it wont let me update it from the editor. What do I do?
Aliento - can you either upload the fixed osu files in this thread or contact me on irc so I can temporarily allow the reupload of the osu files? Second option is preferred :).
SacroiD
¡...! There are not all dificulties! I mean, c'mon, why there's no cruisin' or Breezin'. Well, but good job making the song because Sweati' is my favurite dificulty on this song. ^^
Anyways I like the song aswell hehe :roll:
Shirotora_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
show more