forum

Fumie Akiyoshi - Together

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ekaru
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, March 23, 2009 at 6:38:01 PM

Artist: Fumie Akiyoshi
Title: Together
Source: Pokemon Diamond & Pearl
BPM: 137
Filesize: 893kb
Play Time: 01:23
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4.93 stars, 184 notes)
  2. Normal (3.18 stars, 104 notes)
Download: Fumie Akiyoshi - Together
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Oh look, a Pokemon map! It's the eleventh Pokemon OP in Japan IIRC, enjoy. Found out that it was also featured in Taiko, in both the arcades and on the DS.
Behon
At 00:59:621, the new combo that starts and ends there seems kind of weird and out of place. Same goes for 01:04:876.

Otherwise, good placement and perfect BPM and offset. I believe this constitutes a star!
Topic Starter
Ekaru
Fixed.

Took a while, but I finally fixed it. Making Normal now.
vytalibus
[Normal]
00:48:67 (4) - Move this somewhere else. It's almost near the edge of the screen.
00:55:24 (4,6) - I don't know if the rather wide spacing for this is intentional. If it's not, space it correctly.

[Hard]
No obvious problems.

STARRED.
Topic Starter
Ekaru
Fixed the first thing, the second is correct spacing (look at it again), so I say it's fine. Thanks for modding!
minyeob
Hi Ekaru :)

[Normal]
21:959(8)-> Sounds a bit strange. Remove this and move a next spinner(22:420) on here.

[Hard]
Looks fine ^^

Star'd.

I don't know why your ranked map's star rating is low.
flyboy87
Here goes...

[Normal]
56:555 (7) - A lone note sounds strange here. Maybe shift it to 56:774 or make a slider starting from 56:336 to 56:774?

[Hard]
31:811 (7) - Ugly slider ^^;;;
1:17:796 (11,12) - Move them up once

-Charmander gives a star and them runs away-
Topic Starter
Ekaru
Added a note after that (7), thanks.

@minyeob: wait, can you please try to be clearer? Maybe add a screenshot or something, I couldn't understand what you were trying to say, sorry.
Detective Tuesday
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Ekaru
Fixed that slider on Hard, thanks.

As for Normal? It's supposed to be simple. I did it in such a way that it's really easy for newbies, because of how it has a simple beat for most of it, with plenty of small breaks to reposition your hand and such. However, it also is relaxing and hopefully not *too* boring for people who kinda know what they're doing, but can't do Hard at all (if they get like a B, then practicing a bit more and sucking it up fixes that easily). So there's my explanation on why Normal is as it is.
minyeob
I mean
[Normal]
21:959(8) Remove this.
22:400(1)-> Move 1 beat forward, Extend 1 beat.

SomeStupidIdiot_old
Well I listened through it and well, it great. The way it's mapped is good and it's in sync with the rhythm. If there was a way to show the switch between lyrics and music that would be good.I like this beatmap and I want to see what else you can do with it.
Yuukari-Banteki
[Normal]
00:25:46 (1,2,3,4...) - rhythm is getting repetitive
01:05:75 (1) - line this up with prev. note
hitsounds are kinda overdone in the first part

[Hard]
00:32:68 (1,2,3,4,5...) - overusing clap
00:39:91 (1) - line this up under 7
00:51:73 (1) - any particular reason this is slanted?
00:57:21 (1,2,3,4... - overdoing whistle

have a nice shiny star
Topic Starter
Ekaru
Did the fixes that made sense. Normal is that way because it follows a beat. It may be repetitive and such to you, but people who outright suck at that game think otherwise. Repetitive to an extent on a Normal = good, since it's easy for human beings to carry a simple beat. I don't feel it's too repetitive either, and kinda fun, so it stays that way. Remember; Normals and such are for the people who've been playing for like a week or two and have some skill (they own Easy maps), but not enough required for Hard.

That said, thanks for your input. Also, thanks to Taiko magic (Aka flyboy's vid), it confirmed where I should put kiai time, so that makes life easier.
Larto
I'd bubble this, but since you're waiting for Kiai, have a star and some priority.

gtfo
vytalibus
Hard:

00:19:32 (4,5,6,7) - New combo marks on these guys.
00:37:72 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Looks a bit messy spacing-wise and symmetrically. Just a suggestion.

Lower the volume on the Kiai'd timing section a bit. It sounds way louder than the song itself.

EDIT: RANKED.