forum

Nobuo Uematsu - You're Not Alone

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, November 28, 2007 at 2:52:18 PM

Artist: Nobuo Uematsu
Title: You're Not Alone
BPM: 70
Filesize: 5197kb
Play Time: 01:51
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (2.5 stars, 175 notes)
  2. Hard (3.16 stars, 193 notes)
Download: Nobuo Uematsu - You're Not Alone
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
I love this song so much, tell me if there's anything wrong with it, once hard checks out I'll make an easy version. Tell me if it's too complicated, I don't think it is, but I made it so I wouldn't notice
Edit: Fixed the sounds so the middle part goes with the drumbeat. Also added normal mode
Edit 2: Fixed Slider and Spinner timing problems, anything else to fix?
Edit 3:Fixed the problems that awp noticed.
Nintendonick4
Nothing wrong with this song, except the minor fact that my time will now be eaten up by my sister (she loves this song).
Well, me too, but not to the point of obsession.
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
Cool, are you sure nothings wrong? I want this to be perfect, also I love this song so much too!
eyup
Normal: 1:01.17 spinner is a strange length, makes the Finish sound off-beat. Remove the Finish from the 0:57.74 slider as that also ends on an off-beat, so the Finish sounds weird. Not sure if these problems apply to Hard version also - check that out for yourself.

I know this song very well, so I found the beatspacing to be acceptable, even though I noticed that it is pretty inconsistent throughout the song. In my opinion, the beats come pretty slow so it shouldn't be too hard to adjust. Will be interesting to hear an opinion from someone who doesn't know the song off by heart though!

Oh, and nice to see you using the new timing-section-specific soundset option! Keep up the good work :D
peppy
Good beatmap.

Sliders at 1:35ish on hard feel a bit wrong (the length of them) as well at those at 0:55:17. They end way too close to the next slider/note for my liking.

Other than that this seems fine :).
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
I tried to make the beat spacing consistent, but it didn't feel quite right at some points in the song, I'll get on those slider issues right away...
the two normal problems with the finish sounds are because the song didn't copy and paste perfectly, so it screwed up the timing, the finish sounds in that section go with the drums if you didn't notice
awp
I love all these Nobuomaps. As well as FFIX.

Normal at 0:55:17 has the slider issue. It's easy enough to keep your combo, but it really breaks the flow of the song. Up until that point, and thereafter, it has a really tranquil feeling to it, but that little slider jump ruins it a bit. Beat spacing at 1:51:74 is a bit unexpected, too.

Hard - Again, at 0:55:17 the slider thing happens, but it's not as detrimental on hard. I can pretty much let it go in this case; I'm fine with Hard I suppose!
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
eyup
Looks like everything is fixed now. Ranked!