forum

Asian Kung-fu Generation - Rewrite 4th Opening

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, 26 November 2007 at 8:11:28 PM

Artist: Asian Kung-fu Generation
Title: Rewrite 4th Opening
BPM: 179
Filesize: 2256kb
Play Time: 01:19
Difficulties Available:
  1. Sweatin (2.59 stars, 108 notes)
  2. Hard Rock (3.03 stars, 120 notes)
Download: Asian Kung-fu Generation - Rewrite 4th Opening
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
First one in a very very long while. Hope you all enjoy it. Not that hard but really, I never like the crazy hard ones anyway. Feedback is appreciated :V

EDIT: As a note to the newer players. Back when I used to make a file or two I did short but sharp songs, so rather than full 2:30-3:00 songs, I make 1:00-1:45 ones. Just so people don't end up saying "This is rather short >:0" and stuff.
eyup
Great to see you back mapping, MCXD! The maps are rock solid and fun, the only thing I'd add is a background, perhaps. Also, what's with the negative 5450 offset? It's correct, but I'm not sure why you've gone backwards :D

Regarding the Hard Rock star rating, I think under the old system it would have been 4 stars, but after adding in slider speed as a criteria for difficulty, it's very narrowly avoided a certain condition which would have bumped it to 4. I may make a little modification to it...
Topic Starter
[deleted user]

eyup wrote:

Great to see you back mapping, MCXD! The maps are rock solid and fun, the only thing I'd add is a background, perhaps. Also, what's with the negative 5450 offset? It's correct, but I'm not sure why you've gone backwards :D

Regarding the Hard Rock star rating, I think under the old system it would have been 4 stars, but after adding in slider speed as a criteria for difficulty, it's very narrowly avoided a certain condition which would have bumped it to 4. I may make a little modification to it...
Glad you like it :v About the background, I would add one if I could make good ones. But I can't so I doubt I'll add one for now. Also the negative offset is because I got that offset from a Stepmania file and it's easier working with that.
peppy
Ouch that hp drain is pretty panful.. but makes it a nice difficulty!

One thing I noticed is you didn't use any whistle/finish hits :<. I always frown upon beatmaps that don't use these - just because it reduces the variety. Did you choose not to or just forget?

Either way, this is ready for ranking - I'll just wait for your reply.
Topic Starter
[deleted user]

peppy wrote:

Ouch that hp drain is pretty panful.. but makes it a nice difficulty!

One thing I noticed is you didn't use any whistle/finish hits :<. I always frown upon beatmaps that don't use these - just because it reduces the variety. Did you choose not to or just forget?

Either way, this is ready for ranking - I'll just wait for your reply.
I forgot mostly, the reason I didn't do it way back when is because of the whistle sound offset made it sound really really weird but since that's fixed I guess I just forgot. Next chart I'll try to remember :v Also feel free to rank it
peppy
Aww not gonna add some sound additions in?
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
I may, the problem is the fact I have to do it for two charts, I would have preferred to do it as I made the charts rather than at the end.
Extor
Great beatmap.

The only thing I don't like is changing the difficulty settings to make the other versions. Anyways...

*Ranks*
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
Thanks for ranking it. Also HR does have minor changes to the chart and is flipped and mirrored much like an official HR/Insane chart. Most of my older charts had Easy and Medium as well which are completely different :V I might add these charts on when I get the time. (Which is probably tomorrow)
ragnorocker7
for both modes, the first few beats are weird. i have no idea what you're trying to match with the music there. the rest is done well tho
Mogsy
Keep in mind the date this was done:
Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:15 am
Maps have progressed much further since then. :P Of course old maps have things like this. Just thought I'd clarify that.