forum

The Laziest Men on Mars - Invasion of the Gabber Robots

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
GuardianHX
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on December 1, 2007 at 12:48:47 PM

Artist: The Laziest Men on Mars
Title: Invasion of the Gabber Robots
BPM: 160
Filesize: 10010kb
Play Time: 02:05
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.01 stars, 147 notes)
  2. Hard (3.71 stars, 297 notes)
Download: The Laziest Men on Mars - Invasion of the Gabber Robots
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Alright, I've been working on this for some time, and it's F-I-N-A-L-L-Y done! ^__^

Everyone remember the, "All Your Base Are Belong to Us" stuff? Well, here's the song that started it all, "Invasion of the Gabber Robots" which uses the Zero Wing tune, and many, many quotes from the horribly translated game.

I couldn't cut out the intro to save time, as that would dis-honor what makes the game so awesome. So it's a pretty big chunk for those of you who don't know the whole game's intro by heart, but I advise you listen to it if you're new to the internet and haven't even heard what Zero Wing is known for yet.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, how can you call yourself a gamer?

Anyways, have fun playing this beatmap guys, I got the BPM and offset just perfect. ^_^b

*Bows in worship to the game with the worst translation ever.*

EDIT: I should probably mention that all the beats ARE snapped, but some won't appear to be unless you look at the 1/3 snap setting.
peppy
All I'll say is epic! There's a few tricky bits in there, so lets see what people have to say. I approve, though.
Level-Up!
I also approve. Great work! Really wasn't expecting that part at the end. (I haven't listened to the song in ages.)
Manabeast
Actual artist is "The Laziest Men on Mars", I believe.

Will play when I get home.
Cecilthemos
A video for this would be really nice! At least for the beginning for the actual scene it's from, great beatmap.
awp

Manabeast wrote:

Actual artist is "The Laziest Men on Mars", I believe.
I was about to say the same thing @_@ I think it's "Laziest".

EDIT: At the first Z, I lolled quite loudly. Buuuut, the second break feels kind of unnecessary.

Also, you gave me an idea...
Fraeon
Yeah, I approve.

Needs an EZ-mode and it'll be ranked material.
Topic Starter
GuardianHX
This map isn't too hard if you have the Easy mode mode on, so I don't think any lesser difficulties are necessary. Not to mention I don't really feel like working on it again, lol.

If more people want a video, then I'll convert my video for it. (I have the original Music Video that came with it.)

Currently trying to fix the title...
awp

GuardianHX wrote:

If more people want a video, then I'll convert my video for it. (I have the original Music Video that came with it.)
Is it the video with a bunch of photoshops of "All Your Base" being inserted into random images? Oh, I hope so.
Topic Starter
GuardianHX
Yup, that's the one.
Don't know how big the filesize will be with the vid, though. (20MB or so.)
awp
It's not a long video; you can probably compress it to half that filesize using Xvid.
Topic Starter
GuardianHX
Done!

I've added the video, and it turned out to be smaller then expected, although the quality is a little... Jpeg-ish.

Also, I've added an Easy Mode, which took me a total of a half hour to make since I edited the hard mode.

Enjoy, everyone!
Gunzil
Bump for an increasing need for rankage.
awp
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
peppy
OMG the video adds the final touch to this beatmap. Ranking because it must be. (I didn't *thoroughly* recheck this one, so if there are any problems feel free to bring them up!)

Good job GuardianHX
Topic Starter
GuardianHX
I am so happy, now. ^_______^

Thank you Peppy, and everyone who has played this beatmap!
Kitsunemimi
Easy mode is kinda weird. There are 2 huge spaces that need breaks, and a lot of the vocal stuff, well; THe notes are placed within what is actually spoken which makes the timing a bit confusing.
awp
This map is over 500 days old. Surprise!
AdRon Zh3Ro
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.