Artist: Going Under Ground
Title: VISTA
BPM: 173
Filesize: 3.5Mb
Play Time: 02:28

Download: Going Under Ground - VISTA
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Here's a nice easy song to ease newbies into the game, or for those who want something simple - a beatmap that's just about straight out of Ouendan 2's Easy mode, for Going Under Ground's VISTA.

Edit: Now with Easy, Normal and Hard modes.
eyup
I'm afraid this map has pretty serious mis-timing issues - it will be hard to fix because of the way you've done the very quick BPM and the corresponding sliders. But give me a bit of time, I'll try my best to find a solution! :D
Topic Starter
ZZT the Fifth

eyup wrote:

I'm afraid this map has pretty serious mis-timing issues - it will be hard to fix because of the way you've done the very quick BPM and the corresponding sliders. But give me a bit of time, I'll try my best to find a solution! :D
I double-timed the BPM because I didn't notice that you could make the beats snap to eighth-notes. Ooops...

I don't know if I'll ever be able to fix the timing issues. I get some program lag sometimes when I'm trying to compose or play a song, because my computer kinda... well, my computer sucks. I don't know if I should keep trying, or wait 10 years until I can afford a new computer with my meager savings, or what. :|
peppy
Have faith in the eyup (or anyone else who takes a shot). We'll get this sorted even if your PC can't handle it :twisted:
eyup
Here you go - this should be a lot better. Although the BPM was off by enough to nullify the usefulness of Resnap All Beats T_T

The good news is, the structure of the map and note placements and everything are spot on, considering it's quite a tough song (lucky the sections with the triplets are conveniently coincident with the pauses, eh?). It's just the timing which is off - but by the sounds of things that's something totally out of your hands.

Regarding the high BPM, there's nothing wrong with doubling it - the only thing is, it makes setting the correct BPM quite difficult because the taps come so fast. My tip for you is to slow the song down to 0.5x or even 0.25x and try and tap or adjust the BPM/offset there.

Keep at it! Don't let your computer discourage you from mapping - you're doing some great work!

eyupz

Download: Going Under Ground - VISTA (ZZT) [Easy].osu
peppy
@ZZT - tell me if you are happy with these changes and I will upload an updated osz version for you.
Topic Starter
ZZT the Fifth

eyup wrote:

New beatmap!
I appreciate the help, but everything in this new beatmap sounds like it's just a little late in the editor. Like, the exact same fraction of a beat late. Is it just my computer, or...? :o
peppy
It could be that you need to adjust your offset in the Options screen. I would say this is the case, because I really doubt your timing would have been as bad as eyup mentioned! (and you have said how old your pc is)
eyup
Could someone please download the new .osu for this song and verify that it's on time? After all, it could be MY computer that's stuffed :shock:
Topic Starter
ZZT the Fifth
Nah, your computer is probably fine; mine is two years old, after all! I adjusted my offset back 100ms in the config file and that fixed the timings. I was actually having these problems with everyone else's beatmaps, too, so it's not you. :)

Hmm, my only issue is that the red and yellow (not green, sorry, that one's fine) sliders at the beginning of the third section are ending a little early (about half a beat early, I think? Although the starting points for them are just fine.)... I'm going to tinker with this a bit and then attach a finished version.
peppy
As sliders are constant velocity, you will have to extend the length to make up for the extra half-beat. If you find that this doesn't work so well, you could reduce the overall slider velocity (though this might screw with some of your other placements... i'd make a backup first at least!)
tsububu
Timing seems fine eyup.
Topic Starter
ZZT the Fifth
Ho-kay, here's my finalized version of the beatmap. Give it a whirl, see what you think! It SHOULD be accurate, timing-wise, to the original...

peppy
New osz file is up (same link as in the first post). I also removed the [Normal] version you didn't want included in this package.

Can't wait to try this when I get home - its good to see a few ouendan originals :)
eyup
It works perfect now. Glad to hear you fixed the offset problem ZZT.

eyupz
PS. My computer is 3 years old! xD
peppy
:o

You didn't use break sections!! I spent a good deal of last night coding them for you too :( No matter - I'll update for you (not attached)

Comments:

So good - I'm not going to compare side-by-side, but this feels *exactly* like the ouendan version. Maybe you should make normal/hard too :D.

Okay, the double bpm thing. I'm not sure if this is why you did it, but were you trying to get the slider tick points to match with ouendan? if you used half the bpm, they would be too spaced out and not match the original level properly. If this is the case, you will like the soon fixed SliderTickRate setting, which will allow you to adjust how often the ticks occur. Beware - this is currently bugged so don't go changing it just yet!

Grats on this though - feels like the first easy easy beatmap that any beginner can get into!

Added to official list

Who's going to be the first to do a side-by-side comparison with ouendan? It will be really cool!

Lumino
Finally had a chance to play the song, and it's very nicely done, normal and hard versions would be very nice.
Topic Starter
ZZT the Fifth

peppy wrote:

No matter - I'll update for you (not attached)
Much appreciated! I didn't add them in because, honestly, I wasn't sure where the break sections went by just looking at a bunch of numbers. I need a graphical interface to work on this properly.

Comments:

peppy wrote:

Maybe you should make normal/hard too :D
Haha, I'm working on Normal... I just need to get the tracks to behave a little bit better, with all the waypoints and whatnot.

peppy wrote:

You will like the soon fixed SliderTickRate setting, which will allow you to adjust how often the ticks occur.
Great! Now I can actually set my songs up at the normal BPM...

peppy wrote:

Grats on this though - feels like the first easy easy beatmap that any beginner can get into!
Thanks! I figured I'd do something for anyone who hasn't tried this kind of gameplay yet, and wants to ease into it... or for people who might have a hard time completing some of the other crazy beatmaps I've seen without the use of a stylus. ...Like me. :lol:
Lumino
Because it's such a great beginners song (On easy anyway) I made a section in the official beatmap list for recommended beginner songs. ;)
eyup
Fixed up some dodgy slider ticks that were somehow still present in this old map. If you haven't downloaded it yet - go for it, it's very true to the ouendan original ;)
show more