forum

Said The Sky - Nostalgia (feat. Missio) (Cut Ver.)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Altai
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 11 January 2021 at 22:30:22

Artist: Said The Sky
Title: Nostalgia (feat. Missio) (Cut Ver.)
Tags: electronic english STS Trevor Christensen Matthew Brue David Butler edm dance music chill trap Gordon Lazarus Xoul Peter PeterEU UndeadPhoneGuy
BPM: 120
Filesize: 5333kb
Play Time: 02:40
Difficulties Available:
  1. Adoration (5.11 stars, 395 notes)
  2. Collab Hard (3.28 stars, 295 notes)
  3. Insane (4.46 stars, 345 notes)
  4. Normal (2.09 stars, 166 notes)
  5. Peter's Insane (3.96 stars, 231 notes)
Download: Said The Sky - Nostalgia (feat. Missio) (Cut Ver.)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
🎵🎵 << RANKED #10 >> 🎵🎵

It's a "Cut Ver." but I hate this dumb guideline. I cut out 20 seconds of a 2 and a half minute buildup and have to add a name that makes it look like a PP map. Literally just prohibits electronic mappers and there are little to none as is. Oh well, adding it for rankability. Hopefully everyone enjoys the map :D

Difficulties:

Normal - Me
Collab Hard - Collab between Gordon (Lazarus) and I
Peter's Insane - Peter
Insane - Me
Adoration - Me

Meaning behind the map:

Mapping Showcase #1 - I'll be mapping my favourite favourite songs even though they don't necessarily map that well into osu, because I love them so so much

First map I've finished in a while. Apologies for the essay: tldr I'm very proud of this one

I've had a huge slowdown in mapping recently, where I felt like nothing I created was original or creative in any way. I was just mapping anything that went well into osu. I wasn't challenging myself, at all.

Then I heard this song. This wasn't the first time I had heard this song, I listened to this A LOT a couple of years ago. But when I found it again, I was addicted, I came to adore this song once more.

I always knew about the idea of additive rhythm. The idea that you could actually add extra rhythm on top of a song to highlight aspects, or to increase intensity. However, I never found a song that would work well with it. I was too focused on song representation on songs that actually mapped well into osu. That's when I put the pieces together, I could map a very rhythmically basic song, that's actually very intense with emotion and strength, with additive rhythm. And here it is, my attempt at it.