forum

Akira Complex - Ether Strike ('Divine Mercy' Ex...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Feraligatr
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, September 13, 2020 at 12:42:55 PM

Artist: Akira Complex
Title: Ether Strike ('Divine Mercy' Extended)
Source: Arcaea
Tags: Sound Collection Memories of Light electronic instrumental my guiding star Hikari IROCD-001 lowiro
BPM: 158
Filesize: 7237kb
Play Time: 04:29
Difficulties Available:
  1. humanity - 4Key (4.24 stars, 2914 notes)
  2. insane - 4Key (3.74 stars, 2369 notes)
Download: Akira Complex - Ether Strike ('Divine Mercy' Extended)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Thoughts
I reuploaded this map after considering whether or not Feelsleft0ut should be the last ranked map for me. I wasn't entirely satisfied with it, which is why I deleted the original upload of this and reuploaded with significant changes in the chorus.

The biggest motive for me to rank this was just to have the smallest bit of variety in the ranked section. I don't think this style of mapping is necessarily new, but I do think it brings something new to the table for players who play ranked maps. I don't really expect this set to get popular or have a positive rating because the community is heavily fixated on the star rating. That said, I think this set brings a new challenge to the table as it's almost criminally underrated by the star rating system. I hope that people would play this not because of how little pp this set gives for its star rating, but rather the novelty amongst other ranked maps. I think it's a little too much to ask for, but that's just my request, don't have to take it. If we're going to the extremes, I'd hope that this set motivates people to map something outside of their comfort zone. It's okay if it's not the best thing in the world; it takes time and practice. Even just the attempt of trying something new is great news to me.

I'm kinda glad to have this be the last ranked set that I'll do because I'm pretty satisfied with how I also was with Transhumanist. gee whiz steven really wants me to keep ranking stuff

I think this set captures my biggest influences ever since I have started mapping, and it'll only feel right to credit them, so here they are.
Thank you Chrubble for introducing me to technical jacks ( and just tech in general ); April for rule-based and consistency focused layering; Monheim, Lofty, and Tim for expressive dumping; and the playerbase for allowing me to recognize that it's alright to break any ideology to make the map more fun to play.

I'm still eager to learn and improve my own mapping, but I think this will be a good conclusion for my time for mapping in o!m.
If you're curious as to why, feel free to check out my Blogpage under the osu! category.
I do apologize if the tone I give off sounds aggressive or persistent ( I'm not ), so please don't feel or be offended by anything I have said. All thoughts are my own and they aren't directed to anyone on a personal level.

I'll see y'all around

*I'll still be willing to GD for certain people, so feel free to ask for those ( mutuals only though thanks )

bg source

rip akira complex
this was really the song that got me into her music,, wish her peace wherever she may be