forum

Rina Satou - Colorful Days (TV Size)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mafiamaster
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Friday, April 17, 2009 at 10:16:39 AM

Artist: Rina Satou
Title: Colorful Days (TV Size)
Source: Minami-ke
Tags: Minami ke Anime ED
BPM: 168
Filesize: 10385kb
Play Time: 01:23
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.05 stars, 58 notes)
  2. Hard (4.93 stars, 243 notes)
  3. Normal (3.45 stars, 116 notes)
Download: Rina Satou - Colorful Days (TV Size)
Download: Rina Satou - Colorful Days (TV Size) (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Hi

Credit goes to Catosan980 for the spinner-circle from Catosan980's KIRBY thread.
The old one, not his/her newest one.
EEeee
Idk, played it, looked good as I played it, once,
Takuma
Takuma
Not so nazi.

Easy:
  1. 00:43:47 (5) - Please move this closer to 00:42:04 (4)
  2. 01:11:68 (5) - 1 level 3 grid to the right
  3. 01:18:11 (1) - 1 level 3 grid down
Normal:
  1. What is the purpose of that other timing section on 00:59:36 (1)? (the one without Kiai)
  2. 00:32:04 (1) - 2 level 3 grid to the left; Mind aligning this with 00:31:14 (6) slider end?
Insane:
  1. What is the purpose of that other timing section on 00:59:36 (1)? (the one without Kiai)
  2. Nothing I could complain about.
Topic Starter
Mafiamaster
Thanks, all fixed.
Dangaard
Star for you.

I remember you asking me if you may map this :P . Thanks for asking me about this, anyway i feel your mapping style fits better to this song/anime, so I'm really glad you are mapping this. ( To those who don't get me: I mapped the openings of this anime)

I only played all difficulties (not modded) and I don't have the feeling there is something wrong with it. Only thing that bothered me a bit is the slight finish-sound overuse on some parts of [Hard], but it's just my opinion. I don't like to change/influence other mapper's style too much so you can just ignore this.
Topic Starter
Mafiamaster
Lessened the whistles a tad bit on Hard ;)
m980
Because of the reeeeeeally slow sliders on easy, some of the sliders look like 2 hitcircles put really close together. Try to avoid those.

E.g.
00:56:32 (2,3) -
01:17:39 (2) -

In Normal, the change from normal to half speed messes with the spacing of 00:37:39 (2,3).

Hard btw is fine.

Star x2
Topic Starter
Mafiamaster
Alright thanks. :) All fixed and thank you for the star!
Starrodkirby86
Dude, there's barely any errors on this. I see it getting ranked soon if it gets attention, heh. This is an excellent map. Everything here is really minor.

[Easy]:
00:43:47 (5) - Perhaps a New combo here?

[Normal]:
00:34:89 (4) - New combo?
01:26:32 (1,1,1) - If I'm making a complaint like this, the map is really good as is (Haha). This seems a little sloppy, arbitrary, and not really consistent with the whole spacing the beatmap has all the way back. Maybe you can straighten it out?

[Hard]:
00:55:61 (4) - 2 down on Grid level 3.

Even you have ED in Tags, maybe Ending would work as a nice tag as well? I don't know.

Is there a reason why the slider velocity is so low on [Easy], but on [Normal] everything is A-OK regular happy fun speed? It's a bit strange to me, but it's totally acceptable anyway. :P

STAR!
Topic Starter
Mafiamaster
Cool, fixed everything except 01:26:32 (1,1,1) on Normal. It's fine. It's a unique-ish ending and it goes with the bear falling over in the video.

ED means Ending which you probably already knew, so there is no need to put Ending in the Tag.

Easy was going up there in the 4 star difficulties without lowering the velocity of the sliders and I know someone was going to complain about how many difficulty stars there are in Easy. So to prevent that, I did what I did for Easy.
At least I think that's how it goes. >_>

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

A-OK regular happy fun speed
LOL

Shinxyn
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Mafiamaster

Shinxyn wrote:

00:37:75 (2) - D: do you really have to make sliders slower than they already are? oh well...
Fixed and fixed hitsounds as well.
Takuma
Easy:
  1. 00:22:04 (1,1,1,1) - these new combos aren't really necessary imo. Please fix some of these.
Normal:
  1. 01:11:68 (8) - align with 01:10:97 (6)?
  2. 01:14:18 (3) - align with 01:13:82 (2)?
Insane:
  1. 00:19:72 (6) - perhaps you could align this with 00:18:82 (5)?
Consider this post a suggestion.
Topic Starter
Mafiamaster
Fixed for Easy.
mtmcl
Consider this post a bubble.
Alace
This map is awesome
sorry for my late star
awp
Whoever found the timing of this map deserves a medal imo (plz don't let it be peppy) - the offset was so spot on that I couldn't hear the metronome in over half of the intro ticks.

[Easy]
I find the half beats at 01:12:04 (1,1) a little unpredictable, but I'll live.
1:00:613 - why no kiai time? Intentional?

[Normal]
Nothin' wrong here.

[Hard]
Ah, nothing really. 01:16:50 (9,10,11) - these sliders I had a hard time seeing as sliders (using osu! default) but it's probably due to my inability to keep up with single mouse clicking.

The maps are rankable imo. Just want to double check that leaving out kiai time on Easy was intentional. btw you can PM me to look at this once you've addressed it, if you like, so that I can look at it again once the verdict's in.
Topic Starter
Mafiamaster
PMed awp noting that Kiai Time for Easy is put in.
awp
I'm still a bit too slow for Hard but forget it I'll actually rank something <3