forum

Dethklok - Hatredcopter

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
awp
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on January 28, 2008 at 7:51:05 PM

Artist: Dethklok
Title: Hatredcopter
BPM: 220
Filesize: 3556kb
Play Time: 02:54
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (3.53 stars, 200 notes)
  2. Hard (4.72 stars, 305 notes)
Download: Dethklok - Hatredcopter
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Ah, Dethklok. Fictional as they may be, they're still pretty damn awesome. This is one of my favourite songs from The Dethalbum, with guest vocals by Pickles The Drummer, doodly do, ding dong, doodly doodly do.

This beatmap seems complete as a Hard beatmap; not sure if I should really make other difficulties.

I'm pretty confident in my bpm/spacing, but for a Hard map it's actually a bit tough. Beat spacing is consistent, but the beats have a consistantly challenging spacing, so move quickly or you'll get caught by the Hatredcopter!

NOTE: Come on, a Hatredcopter is not actually going to catch you.

EDIT: I forgot a BG? Oh WOW my bad. Reuploaded with BG.
EDIT2: Huh, well I'll be damned. Cecilthemos was right about the offset; it WAS a tiny bit off there. Corrected hard and reuploaded. Easy/Normal (one or the other) coming later tonight after more Disgaea.
EDIT3: Too much Disgaea, so Easy mode was a bit late. But! I made up for it by adding sounds, which is something I generally don't do. So this is a SPECIAL beatmap (on easy). Irregardless of the what the stars say, this beatmap is quite easy on easy. I was four 100s away from a perfect using the MOUSE on my first try (I use a tablet).
EDIT4: Easy has Transmigrated into Normal. Added a few more notes, some very minor tweaks. Normal's more suitable for it.
EDIT5: Took Kharl's Normal Edit, tweaked a few notes even more, tadaa!
Cecilthemos
BPMs are perfect, but the second two offsets are off, I got 96, 367 and 131,281. What's with the hit sounds switching to soft in the middle, the BPM does go down considerably, but it still doesn't sound soft. And I suggest making another difficulty, I don't think a lot of people will be able to pass this. *Stars*
Topic Starter
awp
Hahaha, I'm listening to Dethklok right now what a coincidence.

When I get home I'll correct this; thanks for the input.

EDIT: fix'd
EDIT2: ez mode
Rolled
Did a quick playthrough of easy, and imho I think you should bump down the circle size a bit and just call it medium. The slider speed and BPM are too much for easy, but that is just me. (When ever I play an easy song, I compare it to September. I think that is a good example of what an easy song should consist of)
Topic Starter
awp

Rolled wrote:

Did a quick playthrough of easy, and imho I think you should bump down the circle size a bit and just call it medium. The slider speed and BPM are too much for easy, but that is just me. (When ever I play an easy song, I compare it to September. I think that is a good example of what an easy song should consist of)
This is very useful input. I often don't know where to draw the line between Easy and Normal, and I did consider that you have to hit some pretty quick half-beats. Despite the fact that it flows just fine (at least in my opinion) I'm not really the best to make the call, "this is too tough for an easy map". I usually only play Hard beatmaps, myself. I'm taking your advice on this and renaming the difficulty.

Done.
Rolled
Just played hard also. The quick sliders at 2:37 and the back-and-forth parts towards the beginning and end are both great fun :D I think this is rankable.

edit: I see no more flaws. Here, have a bubble. I will leave the ranking to another mod.
Kharl
Still a little spacing problem in Normal mode. I've made a few modifications concerning spacing and (very little) simplification. Check the attached file and see whether you approve of it or not.

Download: Dethklok - Hatredcopter (awp) [Normal-edit].osu
Topic Starter
awp
Aha! I see it now. Thanks for the fix.

I tweaked a couple more (again, minor) notes.
Kharl
Ranked.