forum

Oh, Be Clever - Next To You (Elephante Remix) [...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Logan636
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, April 19, 2021 at 1:51:12 AM

Artist: Oh, Be Clever
Title: Next To You (Elephante Remix)
Tags: Logan636 Antalf English Electronic Electro Pop Electropop EDM Music Dance Progressive House Cory Scott Layton Brittney Shields Iamtheelephante I Am The Elephante Tim Wu
BPM: 125
Filesize: 7995kb
Play Time: 05:10
Difficulties Available:
  1. Heartache - 4Key (3.47 stars, 2450 notes)
Download: Oh, Be Clever - Next To You (Elephante Remix)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Time wears on our minds, distance seperates our worlds, and the ever pressing need to survive in this adulthood we've sprouted into makes us grow ever apart, but I will never forget the time we spent together. One day, maybe I'll find a way to break through our curse of separation and be next to you...
Love, Logan

PLEASE DELETE AND RE DOWNLOAD IF YOU DOWNLOADED BEFORE MARCH 10TH 2021, HITSOUNDS ADDED

A mixed LN map with heavy release focus to a song that means an indescribable amount to me. I've known and loved this song since 2018 and decided to make it one of my first serious mapping ventures. Through mapper feedback and player testing which I'm so grateful for as well as many self revisions, this map has finally come to a place where I can be confident in how the style emphasizes the impact of the song. This song pulled me through some of my hardest emotions and longest nights, and I hope it can do the same for others.
Background Info/Credits
Background photo courtesy of Gilly Berlin's photography! Berlin's website can be found here containing all of his work and social media accounts!

Photo originally found here.

Slight edits made by myself.

Update Log
2-17-2021: Made notable revisions to the overall layering/patterning on various aspects of the map from the vocals to the chimes to the drum buildups, as well as fixed glaring snapping errors in the 2nd half lol. All for both increased playability and musical representation.

2-18-2021: Applied mods by Arccat as well as a bit more general mapping cleanup.

2-19-2021: Tags, Kiai Timings, applied mod by Freek

3-5-2021: Applied mods by Antalf

3-9-2021: Applied Antalf's hitsounding and Penguinosity's offset suggestion.

3-12-2021: Final mapping check before submitting to BNs wish luck

4-9-2021: Applied mods and tag changes by RandomeLoL as well as mods by NovaSagittarii.

4-10-2021: Applied mods by Davvy.

4-19-2021: Applied mods as well as tag, mp3, and BG changes from guden QUALIFIED NOW.

4-26-2021: Ranked <3
Special Thanks
Thanks to HowToPlayLN for giving some advice on an early half charted version of this. It really helped me determine the structure for the rest of the chart.

Thanks to -mint-, Davvy, and LovelyN for giving very good and substantial feedback on the first completed draft.

Thanks to Arccat for giving some very nice fuwwy mods on the draft made after initial feedback. As well thanks to Freek for giving a mod!

Thanks to Penguinosity for checking and adjusting the offset.

Thanks to NovaSagittarii for mods.

Thanks to RandomeLoL for very elaborate mods and for fully proofing the tags/metadata of the map. They really went very above and beyond my expectations and I'm very grateful for their contribution to the map.

Thanks to Antalf for mods, hitsounds, and overall just being a great supportive mapping resource, as well as a great friend!

Thanks to Davvy and guden for reviews, mods/changes, and nominations!!!

Huge Thanks to JBHyperion and WildOne94's Ranked Catch The Beat mapset for not only making it easy to fill in tags, kiai timings, other metadata by yoinking it from there, but also being the reason I found this beautiful song in 2018 and the reason I still listen to it now. <3 Never had the pleasure to talk to either of you, but hope you hear my thanks somehow.