forum

Imogen Heap - Hide and Seek (OptiK Remix)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, April 27, 2009 at 1:47:20 PM

Artist: Imogen Heap
Title: Hide and Seek (OptiK Remix)
Tags: trance
BPM: 135
Filesize: 3602kb
Play Time: 03:36
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4.09 stars, 304 notes)
  2. Normal (2.26 stars, 199 notes)
Download: Imogen Heap - Hide and Seek (OptiK Remix)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
For Larto's project: forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=9865

The original song is more or less solo a capella, so there wasn't much rhythm to map to. I challenged the suggestion that the song was unmappable, and set out to find a disco-beat remix, and lo and behold: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmN0wTaAl5g

So I mapped that.

(Keep in mind I trimmed the mp3, so don't look down upon OptiK for the abrupt starting and ending of the map's audio, that's all me)
foulcoon
[Hard]
01:49:90 (6,7) - this is bad
xx:xx:xx(gaysliders) - i hate the double bpm sliders, especially the long repeating ones.

otherwise this map is sex.
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
ztrot
I'm not very good with mods.
But this is very well made and now one of my fav maps keep up the great work
ToRMeNToR_84
I couldn't find anything Wrong with it, I S'd it first play through.

[NORMAL]

I have found no issues with this Difficulty.

[HARD]

1:56:90
Personally I can live with the way you placed that Green stream. But I have a gut feeling most people will struggle with that part, Its quite tricky to get. But that's no crime now is it?

2:40:34
Sliders (1) (2) (3) (4) Would sound great with claps at the end of each of them. Only a suggestion.

The sudden change in slider speed. I really hate that usually, but in this case I can hear the music kinda getting more upbeat. But maybe a warning could fix this easily.
Starrodkirby86
Barely any problems...Mostly these are suggestions. :>

[Normal]:
02:06:57 (2) - Perhaps you can 'try' and make this the same row as the endpoint of (1)?
03:02:57 (3) - I don't know...I just don't dig this clap...Perhaps a Finish, but I'm not sure. Maybe this clap would sound better if there's more claps at similarly placed spots within this segment of the song.
03:32:79 (8) - Clap here?

[Hard]:
00:03:90 (3) - Pretty much this whole area here I'm confused with the new combo-ing, but I'm pointing out stuff, and if you like you like it. Anyway, new combo?
00:07:23 (7) - New combo?
00:23:45 (1) - Clap at the end of this slider?
00:25:23 (3) - Maybe the second repeat gets a clap and the endpoint gets a Finish?
01:14:12 (1) - I honestly don't like the rhythm of this slider. :(
03:31:01 (3,4,5) - Wow, nice...haha.
03:35:90 (6,7) - In my opinion, it looks a little messy/sloppy. A little though.

Loved it...Loved it...

The black background behind what the background is though I don't like...But I suppose you can get used to it.

Your mapping is always awesome. Star. :3
Larto
Overall:
- The Preview Point is relatively ugly in my opinion.

Hard:
00:28:12 (1) - This spinner got me three times now. It's just so friggin unexpected. Make it like 1/4 longer so you can see the spinner arriving while the slider before it is going. The other two spinners after it are fine.
01:14:12 (1) - Wait, is this mapped to Imogen Heap's breathe? Lol.

That's it

UPDATE: Perfect.
Jarby
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.

Topic Starter
LuigiHann
Fixed the sliders. I'm happy with my background image. Tried adding strobes but I didn't like the effect.
foulcoon
watever dood

also: at least the 2x BPM is decent now
aallie_old
the remix is quite awkward for this song, but I'm glad it was beatmapped anyway.
it's one of my favourite imogen heap songs.