forum

Yasunori Mitsuda - Robo's Theme

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Starrodkirby86
http://osu.ppy.sh/d/56

Well, you can say first to upload, but this isn't exactly my first because I tried making another one, it's all right, but it's too hard. Even harder on Easy Mode, heh. Anyway, Robo's Theme by Yasunori Mitsuda, UBER EASY in my opinion, like Breezin' I guess, so yeah. XD
eyup
Welcome to the beatmapper's club!

This is a nice, short and easy song for beginners. There's a few sliders which seem to come in a quarter beat too early - you might want to check the map and correct it (if it is indeed not meant to be like this). The first of these occurs at 0:10.21. There are a few more.

Great first up offering, can't wait for your next ones! :D

eyupz
Topic Starter
Starrodkirby86

eyup wrote:

Welcome to the beatmapper's club!

This is a nice, short and easy song for beginners. There's a few sliders which seem to come in a quarter beat too early - you might want to check the map and correct it (if it is indeed not meant to be like this). The first of these occurs at 0:10.21. There are a few more.

Great first up offering, can't wait for your next ones! :D

eyupz
Oh yeah, I realized that as well. I know where they are, I'm glad someone else has found it. Thanks for your review, I appreciate the friendliness very much. ^_^ XD

Yes, I'll make some more beatmaps, they're very fun like creating Stepmania songs.
peppy
Hey Starrod - just wondering if you have sliders and reuploaded or not :D
Topic Starter
Starrodkirby86

peppy wrote:

Hey Starrod - just wondering if you have sliders and reuploaded or not :D
No, though if you insist, I will redo the sliders to get them on-sync, if that is what you mean. :P
peppy
It would be a good idea - no point finishing something 99% ;)
Topic Starter
Starrodkirby86
I just did it right now, I also added some more whistles and finishes, well actually more finishes. The new version is going to get uploaded just right now. :D
Topic Starter
Starrodkirby86
Double posting okay or not? I never seen an enforcing of rules anyway, I love that anyway, heh, we're all such refined. Anyway, it should be updated now, hopefully the original URL is overwritten or something because I uploaded under the same filename.

http://peppy.chigau.com/files/robo.osz
peppy
Dual posting is fine as long as it doesn't get out of hand. Editing is of couse, preferred.

I have changed your original link - case sensitivity ;).
Skya
This map is very out of sync, sorry to tell you this. Basically, every beat in the song needs to be re-snapped to the beat. I suggest you set your beat snap to 1/1 since that's all you use and move your beats back and forth to make sure they're snapped correctly to the beat of the song. I suppose you changed the timing after making your beatmap and did not let it adjust. If you want me to be more specific here's a list of what I found was wrong:
-1:080: Beat slightly off, just need to re-snap it to the beat of the song
-5:181: Beat slightly off, just need to re-snap it to the beat of the song
-7:257: Beat slightly off, just need to re-snap it to the beat of the song
-7:770: Beat slightly off, just need to re-snap it to the beat of the song
-10:242: Slider needs to be re-snapped to the beat of the song
-11:891: Beat needs to be re-snapped to the beat of the song
-18:589: Slider needs to be re-snapped to the beat of the song
-20:197 Beat needs to be re-snapped to the beat of the song
-43:527 Slider needs to be re-snapped to the beat of the song
-45:129 Beat needs to be re-snapped to the beat of the song
-51:775 Need to remove the unnecessary point of the slider and re-snap it to the beat of the song
-53:441 Beat needs to be re-snapped to the beat of the song
That's it, I think. I hope it's helpful.
Saturos
While it's nice to see you put in an effort to fix up the map, Skya, this is already ranked. It was ranked at a time where there were very little guidelines and whatnot, so it's going to be pretty bad.

In order to have the map changed, it would need to deranked by peppy, which would be pointless as this map's creator has been inactive for 7+ months. D:

Stick to maps made, at the very least, in 2008 if you'd like higher quality for now.
Skya
It's pretty sad that the song can't be corrected at all, it's a nice song, such a shame. What if someone else submitted a map for it? Could it take its place in the the ranked maps?
Saturos
It won't take its place, but feel free to remap it yourself. ;x
Topic Starter
Starrodkirby86
I seemed to notice the recent post Skya has made. I appreciate the thought of helping this old file out.

Now that I'm beginning to become active again, should I re-upload a new revamped version of this song? If so, I'm a bit confused with the methods how to now...as in, should I use the in-game uploader or find that flash file uploader I used for centuries (Before the in-game uploader was introduced, LOL).

Edit: I don't know if this is a necropost considering this thread hasn't been talked upon for nine days. I mean, it's totally all right since you two are still active members. :P But there's always rules about necroposting...and I don't know if it's month for you guys or simply a week. :?
gnt101
the timing of this beatmap still needs work
well I fixed it my self heres the osu file

Download: Yasunori Mitsuda - Robo's Theme (Starrodkirby86) [Easy].osu
Beuchi
Yes, it's a known issue that the timing of this beatmap isn't the correct one, but unfortunately it can't be fixed since the map is ranked already. Also, keep in mind that this map has almost 3 years and the ways of mapping and the ranking criteria back in those days were totally different from now.

And by the way, be careful the next time about necroposting in threads ;x
Topic Starter
Starrodkirby86
This map has been ranked over three years ago. Sadly, we can't really do anything about that.

The timing for it is definitely incorrect, that I can say. Really, the best thing you can do is adjust your local offset or something, since due to the age of this map we can't really do anything about it, sorry.
Winshley
Necro time~ :P

I can't complain about the timing issue since it's a 4 years old beatmap anyway. If you can't do anything with the beatmap (since it's already ranked), then just deal with it. I do am curious about how crappy the old client's song editor looked like. :P

Bad timing, moderately high Accuracy rate, but... looks like I'm the first to get SS with both HardRock and DoubleTime mod here (I added Hidden and Flashlight mod too). :)

(Though the semi-burai slider is kinda irked me there...)