forum

osu!api open beta

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
I've had an API available for a while but until now it has been on a private on-request basis. In order to try and make developing third party services which expand and support osu!, I have added an API key setup and started to document the API.

Reference:

osu!api wiki: http://github.com/peppy/osu-api/wiki
osu!api key management: http://osu.ppy.sh/p/api

Documentation will be expanded as I find time to do so! If anyone currently using the API is able to help expand the documentation then please do.
comentarinformal
Before I spam it with requests that might not exist, is there anything to get user's information?
(Also, is there anything to login users from this page in other places?)
Tom94

comentarinformal wrote:

Before I spam it with requests that might not exist, is there anything to get user's information?
There is /api/get_user

Gonna write an entry with the information I have about it.

EDIT: Done.
XPJ38
Is there a fair use limit? (e.g. no more than XX requests per day)

For get_user, I suppose there is a mode parameter for getting user information for Taiko, CtB and osu!mania? Or do I have to file an issue in GitHub? Nevermind, I found it, the parameter to add is called "m" :D I have edited the GitHub wiki.
Repflez
So is out...

Oh well. I have some questions:

Are only the beatmap and user endpoints available?
The parameter "since" in /get_beatmap how I need to pass the time on it? UTC or unix timestamp?
Do I need to pass the key on the wiki's API too?
Edit: What the countX values mean? Number of beatmaps?
Topic Starter
peppy
@XPJ38: see doc.

@Repflez:
since = mysql date
wiki api = ?
everything else you asked is in the doc.
Topic Starter
peppy

comentarinformal wrote:

"spamming" with requests is considered "evil" use. you may be banned from the api and/or osu! for doing so. the api is not provided to retrieve a full set of information. it is provided to do lookups when necessary.
BloodCat2789
I'd like to know beatmap's mode on get_beatmaps request.
Isn't it possible?
Hexide
Minor gripe: Please return integers as such.
Topic Starter
peppy
All requests and bugs should be filed on github: https://github.com/peppy/osu-api/issues
Hexide
Any rate limits?
Topic Starter
peppy
See doc.
Arnold0
With this now open, is getting data from http://osu.ppy.sh/pages/include/profile ... id&m=$mode will be still possible or it may becaume unavaillable ?
(Lazy to change my PHP code *o*)
Topic Starter
peppy
Please switch to using the API. Please please please. That page you are using will no doubt change in the future and cause you more grief than if you spend a bit of time and make your code use the new API.
Damnae
I guess I'll update my userbar too when I find some time.

Before I apply and pick a name that cannot be changed, is the API key going to be global to my osu! account or is it set up in a way that I can have a second API key if I make another app/tool ?
Topic Starter
peppy
For now it's one per account.
Arnold0

Damnae wrote:

I guess I'll update my userbar too when I find some time.

Before I apply and pick a name that cannot be changed, is the API key going to be global to my osu! account or is it set up in a way that I can have a second API key if I make another app/tool ?
I registered it for osu!userbar, but I also use it for my "Big ugly white signature", they are not on the same webserver, but it works fine :)
I belive only you and peppy can see the name you used, too.

(Yes I took my lazyness off, it was not that long to update ^^)
Winshley
@Repflez: I tried using your API-powered signature and I get something weird.

Since I only aim for SS, I have 100% Accuracy all the time, and the Accuracy display is weird.

(I now know that despite having all-SS records, the note hit count for getting 50s and 100s are still counted all the time :P)
Repflez

Winshley wrote:

@Repflez: I tried using your API-powered signature and I get something weird.

Since I only aim for SS, I have 100% Accuracy all the time, and the Accuracy display is weird.

(I now know that despite having all-SS records, the note hit count for getting 50s and 100s are still counted all the time :P)
So that's what the CountX values mean. Thanks for that. I already went and changed the accuracy to show a centered "100% Accuracy" if it's 100. Forget that. I ditched the bar on it and used the extra space for showing the PP.

(I love how the 300 count ended overlaping the border)
Winshley

Repflez wrote:

So that's what the CountX values mean. Thanks for that.
Yeah. At first I thought that there was something wrong with the API showing 50s and 100s despite having 100% Accuracy, until I actually calculated all 300s + 100s + 50s = "Total Hits" on our profile. :P

About the 300 overlap though, it does need some fix:

When you reached 10 millions of 300 hits, the last number is cut off. Cookiezi has 17 millions of 300 hits.

And an extra:

I'm not sure how the level bar breaking happens though... I was thinking that it probably because I don't have any ranked score on osu!mania? :?
show more