forum

No sound AT ALL in osu! [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
r3mm13
Explain the issue you are having:

The first time I downloaded Osu! everything ran fine. I closed it to go download song packs, and then I opened it again but it didn't have sound. After a friend explained how to import the song packs, I noticed that every time I opened Osu! it was silent, even when I tried to play my new songs. I could hear my friend talking to me on skype, youtube, and general computer sounds, but no Osu.

I have already tried:
-in game sound
-general computer sound
-no difference with or without headphones
-uninstalling and re-installing 6 times

I am not very tech savvy, so I'm out of ideas on what to do.
I have Windows 7, but that's all I know to tell you so if you need to know something specific, ask and I'll find it out.

I have also asked on the osu! chat, and everyone so far has no idea what to do. I've tried finding ideas on the forum, but I haven't seen this problem yet...
Logey
Right click on your sound button and click "Open Volume Mixer" while osu! is open and see if osu! is turned all the way up.
My computer does this to some programs sometimes. Sometimes it will mute the volume of certain programs. Not sure why but this seems to work for me.

Or:
Try updating your audio drivers. I doubt this would work since you said you could hear everything on Skype and Youtube, etc. but it's worth a shot. Also, it's nice to keep drivers up-to-date.

Or:
Go into your osu! directory, you will see a "osu!.USER.cfg" file (you may not see the .cfg but it will be a configuration file).
This seems to work for some issues that I have.
Delete that file and open osu! back up.
Also, it won't actually say "osu!.USER.cfg". USER will be replaced with your current Operating System's username. Ex: "osu!.Bob.cfg".

Note:
From experience, re-installing osu! never solves any problems.
Topic Starter
r3mm13
I have tried this and it doesn't work, because the mixer doesn't show any sound is coming from Osu!, yet I can see the opening screen of Osu! is playing a song, just no sound anywhere.

How would I go about testing and replacing/updating these drivers?

Where is this directory? (I'm computer challenged, so please bear with me...)

Well I'm glad I did it 6 times then lol. Someone on osu! chat recommend me do it because they had the same sound problem and it fixed because they did it 3-4 times.
Topic Starter
r3mm13
(Oh nevermind, I found the directory and deleting that didn't work....)
Topic Starter
r3mm13
OH WOW IT WORKED!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
XPJ38
Marking as resolved then.

By the way, please edit your last post instead of multiposting, thanks ;)
Drakar901
My Osu sound still dosent work at all! :cry: :?: :shock:
Nathanael
Please create a new thread for your problem.
Just in case, check your volume settings in osu!.
BROCKHAMPTON

R3m3mbranc3r wrote:

Explain the issue you are having:

The first time I downloaded Osu! everything ran fine. I closed it to go download song packs, and then I opened it again but it didn't have sound. After a friend explained how to import the song packs, I noticed that every time I opened Osu! it was silent, even when I tried to play my new songs. I could hear my friend talking to me on skype, youtube, and general computer sounds, but no Osu.

I have already tried:
-in game sound
-general computer sound
-no difference with or without headphones
-uninstalling and re-installing 6 times

I am not very tech savvy, so I'm out of ideas on what to do.
I have Windows 7, but that's all I know to tell you so if you need to know something specific, ask and I'll find it out.

I have also asked on the osu! chat, and everyone so far has no idea what to do. I've tried finding ideas on the forum, but I haven't seen this problem yet...

Nathanael wrote:

BROCKHAMPTON

Nathanael wrote:

HuskyStarcraft
I CANT FIND osu!.USER.cfg
i have the same problem
NOGAMENOLIFE911
I had this problem too and I was like NOOOO and then I foundted working again after. the options and scrolled through it and then there is actually a master volume and then sound started working.
hakura123
Wheres is the directory
[ HotSalza ]

hakura123 wrote:

Wheres is the directory
Computer > OS(C:) > Program Files > osu!
Bara-
Don't bump such old threads
huchick
I actually found the directory in C:\Users\(Your User)\AppData\Local\osu!
As for bumping old threads, I figured if I found this and it helped, won't other people find it too and be helped?
Dntm8kmeeatu

huchick wrote:

I actually found the directory in C:\Users\(Your User)\AppData\Local\osu!
As for bumping old threads, I figured if I found this and it helped, won't other people find it too and be helped?
This is the new Directory that's been used for a couple years now.

Honestly that doesn't matter since the fix suggested most likely would not work. But yeah, please do avoid bumping old threads anyways, please.
DubsteppingSub
So I am now having this same issue and cannot find how to fix it in my computer version of windows. Can someone run down the steps on exactly how to go about fixing this without losing any data on Osu! or any of my downloaded beatmaps, scores, or anything like that! Thanks!
Death
Make sure osu!'s volume is not muted in Windows' volume mixer. Make sure you have the correct audio output device selected in-game in settings.

Make a new thread if you are still having issues. This one is 5 years old. It has already been said multiple times in here to create a new thread instead of bumping one that is this old.