forum

Steel Angels - Kiss Kara Hajimaru Miracle

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hitoshirenu Shourai
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Thursday, January 10, 2008 at 9:18:13 PM

Artist: Steel Angels
Title: Kiss Kara Hajimaru Miracle
BPM: 156
Filesize: 12869kb
Play Time: 01:23
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (0.25 stars, 59 notes)
  2. Hard (4.73 stars, 214 notes)
  3. Normal (1.68 stars, 98 notes)
Download: Steel Angels - Kiss Kara Hajimaru Miracle
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Straight from the anime "Steel Angel Kurumi" is this song. Rawr. Enjoy or die.
peppy
Bump of mercy.

Seriously guys (mods), we really need to start working through this backlisting. This is a really quality beatmap rescued from page three. It is also by a well-known beatmap author, which means a quick process in ranking it.

Great work on this one Hito - lives up to your legacy. My usual comment at the lack of sound additions making it a bit plain, of course.
Zyid
This was a very creative beatmap with flawless timing, and Easy and Normal look pretty much ready for ranking to me. That's why it really pains me to say that as far as spacing goes, Hard Mode is a mess. There's no consistency at all. Most of the notes are half beats apart, but they're spaced erratically, even within the same chain.

The placement is aesthetically pleasing and I know it was probably deliberate. I also know that making the spacing conform to standards would mean redoing the whole song, but at the end of the day I think aesthetics have to take a back seat to functionality. Fix Hard Mode and there's nothing holding it back from the ranks.
peppy
Um Zyid... can you give an example? It looks perfectly fine to me...
Zyid

peppy wrote:

Um Zyid... can you give an example? It looks perfectly fine to me...
I thought it would be easier to post an image of what I'm talking about rather than overexplaining it:

Every one of those beats are the same length apart, yet they're spaced inconsistently. Some overlap, others are placed apart. That kind of thing happens all throughout the beatmap, and sometimes, like at 1:02:61, the spacing pattern suddenly changes so that a half beat is spaced a whole beat away.

It's my understanding that that's a no-no, but of course Peppy if you want to make an exception I'll defer to your judgment.
peppy
Could you notice this while playing through it? I sure as hell couldn't...

While beat spacing is important, its also good to not be TOO nazi about it. I think as long as the spacing is mostly consistent and doesn't make you go "WTF" while playing it, then its fine.
Topic Starter
Hitoshirenu Shourai
At least I didn't Ouendan 2 space it. MANY times in Ouendan 2, I had to do a double take at the spacing. I still haven't beaten hard because of it. =/
Rolled
I am quite possibly the biggest spacing nazi alive, and I did not find too many things wrong with this. Just a few things I'd like to point out for possible correction:

I don't like the 3 overlapping notes at the end. If I were you, leave the two half beats and space the full beat.

The other one was at 1:01:63. I'd think that from 1-2 is a full beat before I'd think it was a half beat.

Other than that this is rankable imo. Found 0 flaws in easy/normal. Nice map, and song.
Fraeon
Rescued from ze abyss.

And thoughtbubbled.

Can't really say anything that hasn't be said. I'm likin' it.
Echo
I have to disagree with Zyid and Rolled on this one, this song is perfectly rankable.

And so...

*ranks*

edit: gah peppy... rank it before i get to the button :(
Cabasho
is it just me or this beat map used to have 1 or 2 levels more than it has now? i remember it used to have a level that was even easyer than the easy and i'm almost sure it used to have one in hard mode before the insane.... well i'm no totally sure bout the second one... but i'm sure bout the first one cause this is the song i learned how to play with... welll anyways, it is an awsome map i really loved it (as i said, i learned to play with it)
Horaizon-
This song reminds of Love Live but much more better.