forum

Banya - Winter (Classical Remix)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
flyboy87
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Thursday, February 07, 2008 at 11:00:17 AM

Artist: Banya
Title: Winter
BPM: 168.05
Filesize: 3050kb
Play Time: 01:20
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (3.54 stars, 103 notes)
  2. Normal (4.35 stars, 121 notes)
  3. Hard (4.9 stars, 160 notes)
  4. Insane (4.95 stars, 170 notes)
  5. Extremely Insane (5 stars, 231 notes)
Download: Banya - Winter
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Winter by Banya.

Notes edited and spacing redone!

EDIT: Extremely Insane was supposed to be removed. Don't know why it's still there
Phrygian
The "Extremely Insane" bit lured me in... so I tried it, and here are my thoughts...

The Extremely Insane is, yes, Extreme, but it's not really that creative... It's a giant stream O_O.
I did, however, really like the parts where you alternated the beats being slow and fast, like at 36:67, and similar sections. I think you could more creatively add difficulty with interesting patterns and mabye some sliders. I was able to get to the end after quite a few tries, but my finger died on the last stream and I didn't try again. xD

The normal has the same sort of layout, which could again be a little more interesting... Also, I'd exaggerate the beatspacing a lot more - it's there, but so small that it's hard to notice while playing, and is confusing to the player. (Like at 12 seconds)

I like the song, and I think that it'd be really great with a bit more thought into the beat patterns. =D
Topic Starter
flyboy87
Yeah, I was trying to figure what kinds of "interesting" patterns I could use for all the difficulties. I realized when I create maps, I tend to use just one pattern.

Do you think I should tone down on the number of notes so that I have more space to put in some sliders?

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate it greatly.
Phrygian
Yeah, sliders will help a lot. Just put them in, and remember that you don't always have to follow the violin exactly. If you do that, you'll only get a biiiig stream. Taking some beats out for sliders is probably a good idea. But if you're just going for an extremely hard map, fast sliders are probably good, even if only to vary it up a little.
Topic Starter
flyboy87
More varieties of notes in Easy, Normal and Extremely Insane mode!

Please take your time to enjoy the map and comment on it!
Phrygian
I didn't look at it in great detail, but the Extremely Insane one has improved SO MUCH it's amazing.

However, I still think that some of the breaks in streams are in odd places, especially at the start... listen to it slowly and I think you'll know what I mean. Other than that, the slider additions were well done. =D

I might try hard later, but good work on the insane one from last time.
Topic Starter
flyboy87
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
peppy
This hasn't been mentioned yet, but I feel the offset is a bit too early. The sliders in play mode feel way too speedy, and checking in edit mode confirms this. I think somewhere between 8938 and 8948 would be better. Check for yourself :).

I find this one quite hard to the insane mode due to the short distance spacing. Its hard to judge the fast consecutive notes from slower ones, because they all overlap. This could just be me, though.
Topic Starter
flyboy87
Fixed offset and slider velocity!

Thank you for your comments!
Echo
Can you check through your maps and make sure that the beats are snapped to the new offset and that all the notes are snapped to the right beat? Some of them seem weird to me, and I'm not sure if you meant them to be that way.
Topic Starter
flyboy87
Oh, snap!

I forgot about that!

Fixed.

Thanks!
Tapdancingmetroid
Good beatmap, but some things can be fixed.
the timing is ok, but
on the easy beatmap: the beat spacing really needs fixing.
on the normal beatmap: has beat spacing problems, I suggest you familiarize yourself with this: . In areas where these occur, put a gap between the notes.
on the insane beatmap: no problems, though I can't beat it. ;_;
on the extremely insane beatmap: same as above, but add another ";_;".

for now, this beatmap gets a star. :D
Topic Starter
flyboy87
Yay! Thanks for the star!

BTW, what does mean? o.o
Phrygian
xD at the quarter rest...

It's musical notation for a one beat pause. What he's trying to say is that you don't need to have a beat filling EVERY SINGLE spot of music. =D Where the melody stops, consider having nothing going on.
Topic Starter
flyboy87
Lol. Thanks, Moogle.

Map redited and beat spacing fixed for Easy and Normal!
chan
I think there is some funny resnapping action happening on this song.

[Easy]
00:10:99 - notes (2) and (3) as well as (1) and (2) of the immediately following combo seem 1/4 of a beat out.
00:47:95 - notes (1) (2) and (3) from seem a bit mis-timed? Like 1/4 of a beat too fast maybe?
00:50:53 - sounds a bit funny to me. Are they supposed to be off beat?
01:07:40 - slider is 1/4 too early, cut it back by 1/4 in length and move it forward 1/4. Also the (1) immediately following seems 1/4 of a beat out
01:15:62 - 1/4 of a beat off
01:20:25 - 1/4 of a beat off

[Normal]
00:47:95 - same problem as in easy (see above)
00:50:53 - same problem as in easy (see above)
01:09:19 - same, maybe 1/4 of a beat off for notes (1) and (5) (the slider of the combo)

[Hard]
00:10:54 - this is really weird. Play it through the editor and judge for yourself. I think a lot of the notes have been resnapped incorrectly. I won't go into detail which notes in particular (there are a lot), but basically from 00:10:54 until 00:14:65 it's a little pear-shaped
00:39:20 - a quarter beat late, as with the combo immediately following (notes 1 to 5)

[Insane]
As in hard, that introduction around 00:10:54 is weird to me.
00:39:73 - notes (3) to (6), or some of them at least, seem to be out by 1/4 of a beat

[Extremely Insane]
00:29:56 - this slider seems not timed, maybe 1/4 beat off
00:39:91 - notes (5) to (8) seem strangely timed. (8) at least seems 1/4 beat off
01:10:26 - slider seems to be 1/4 beat too early. Insert another beat here and shift the slider forward 1/4 of a beat (you'll need to cut the length of the slider by 1/4 of a beat)

Also, I think you have a spinner at [01:15:89] on most versions. I think you should place these on the beat rather than on the half beat.

Unrelated to ranking (possibly), I don't really like the layout of the beatmap, but it was too hard for me to play. I hope in future you try to be more creative in making difficult maps rather than just placing a lot of quick notes in succession. I'm leaving this as a star for now.
peppy

chan wrote:

I think there is some funny resnapping action happening on this song.

Comprehensive enough? :P
Its one thing to be brief (ohi loginer) but this is sure taking it to the other end of the scale :o.
Topic Starter
flyboy87
Very nice! I was just waiting for a comment like this.

I'll work on this map pronto!
chan
In future, please take some (more) time and effort to check these things yourself. The timing issues I found were not difficult to find, but it did take time. This should really be a job for the beatmapper.

flyboy87 wrote:

Very nice! I was just waiting for a comment like this.
Don't expect myself or other mods to be so thorough in future. I'd really like to see you put in more effort into your own work rather than expecting mods do the work for you.
peppy

chan wrote:

ATTACK OF THE FULL-STOP
show more