forum

NicoNicoDouga - Farucon Pan! (Wispy Woods theme)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
awp
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on February 16, 2008 at 8:02:30 PM

Artist: NicoNicoDouga
Title: Farucon Pan!
BPM: 187.8
Filesize: 8908kb
Play Time: 01:01
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (2.91 stars, 79 notes)
  2. Normal (4.41 stars, 106 notes)
  3. Hard (4.84 stars, 152 notes)
  4. Insane (4.99 stars, 193 notes)
Download: NicoNicoDouga - Farucon Pan!
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Iyaaaa! Mix.

I came across this video on youtube and absolutely adored it, so tadaa beatmap.

Complete with video (raw file, not youtube quality) and lulz. For fans of At The Playground, Kirby, and/or Super Smash Bros.

Also, I thought I should give the newly-implemented custom colour scheme a test drive.

EDIT: INSANE: By the way the second half of the song is really fucking tough and I can't survive five seconds of it so easier difficulties to come.

EDIT2: Normal's up. It's not too difficult. I got perfect on my second try, so have fun with it.

EDIT3: Made Insane slightly less violent on Drain Rate/Difficulty. Without completely re-writing the ending there isn't much I can do about the difficulty (short of making it retardedly forgiving) but Xing around 40% of the notes, I almost didn't die. I'm sure it's doable by now.

And it just feels so good when you hit a stream of 15 or so of those notes.

EDIT4: Minor adjustments to Normal and Insane to be slightly timed better, simplified a few things on Normal, and created Hard.

EDIT5: Easy has been properly integrated, supports no-video background mode.
Cecilthemos
Ha, just saw this yesterday.
Timing's perfect,
only problem I have is the end where there are a lot of 1/16th notes.
They are too far away for my tastes (1/16th notes at 180 bpm is really fast!)
I suggest putting them all on the same spot.
Also more difficulties!
And the color scheme really fits the movie.
Topic Starter
awp
well they do overlap, and after a few playthroughs I found that it wasn't distance that I was buggering up, it was timing, because, yes, they're really fast and not a constant stream. You don't really have to move that quickly for an insane map (I can get perfect on the pre-stream relatively easily)

Like I said, we will see more difficulties for sure. I can't for the life of me win this beatmap. Interested to see if Saturos is man enough.

EDIT: Normal is up. Still waitin' on Saturos.
Phrygian

Here you go, non-believers. =D
Rolled
Praise the moogle, you dirty hacker.
Topic Starter
awp
That can't be right!
peppy
Turn down drain on insane pleeeeeeeeeease.

Normal is really fun :).
Topic Starter
awp

peppy wrote:

Turn down drain on insane pleeeeeeeeeease.
The drain on Insane isn't actually that high iirc (two to the right from normal) but sure okay I will do that because I can't for the life of me last ten seconds of the ending.
hunnykilla
So this is the map. I heard people talking about it in chat but i never got. Fun beatmap normal is fun.
Echo
If you listen carefully in timing, the metronome is too fast at the beginning but becomes too slow at the end. To me, this indicates that both the BPM and offset should be slightly higher than what they are at the moment, but I can't find the sweet spot. The current BPM/offset is fine even though it's slightly off since the song is so short and fast, but it'd be better if they were closer to the song.

I *stars* you.
Topic Starter
awp

Echo49 wrote:

If you listen carefully in timing, the metronome is too fast at the beginning but becomes too slow at the end. To me, this indicates that both the BPM and offset should be slightly higher than what they are at the moment, but I can't find the sweet spot.
I noticed it was slightly off on insane and tweaked it a bit, but likely I didn't get it bang on. Near the end, I ended up switching from 1/4 markers to 1/8 markers. At a BPM of 188 it's almost impossible to tell, but I might as well go over it again with evangelic determination. I know how I can accommodate for the offset being wrong, and that should help me fix the BPM.

I'll probably add Hard mode too, since it'll take like an hour, or two at the most.
MegaTailzChao
Damn man, this is INSANE. Also very awesome, but mostly INSANE.

I love this song but it's way too hard for me. :[
Topic Starter
awp

MegaTailzChao wrote:

I love this song but it's way too hard for me. :[
Haha, you're not alone. So far this is the only insane map I've played that I can't win. I think most people haven't been able to get through it yet.
Echo
Are you going to add Hard difficulty?
Topic Starter
awp

Echo49 wrote:

Are you going to add Hard difficulty?
Yes.

I've been really busy lately, and will likely remain so until shortly after next weekend.

However, since it should only take an hour or two to create the new difficulty maybe I will procrastinate all other obligations to send this to the races.
Card N'FoRcE
Don't you think it would be better to make a Normal difficulty (the actual normal one seems more a Hard difficulty)?
Topic Starter
awp

Card N'FoRcE wrote:

(the actual normal one seems more a Hard difficulty)?
Really? I am just too awesome (read: bad at representing difficulties). The difficulty sliders on normal are probably just set too high; I will check that out also.

Or maybe I should fire up Ouendan2 on Normal mode to get an idea what Normal is really about ={

EDIT: I made hard mode last night by the way, but apparently nobody knows that =X
Topic Starter
awp
is there still something that needs to be corrected here? Because this star is like a dunce cap for me. Or herpes. Because it won't go away.
Rolled
Try this cream, it should be gone in no time. bubble btw

But just a tip, if you add an easy mode the play count of this song will climb in no time. I've noticed that the easy mode of my mario map gets played the most. But I enjoy watching the play count of that rise, you might not be as much of a whore as me so up to you.

Still rankable without it though.
Topic Starter
awp

Rolled wrote:

you might not be as much of a whore as me so up to you.
dood just look at my post count I am a total whore

If an Easy mode is wanted (and it probably is) then I will make one, but idk when I'll find the time; that's going to be up in the air and it'll just show up randomly one day.

It can still be ranked without easy mode, and easy being added at a later date, though that's kind of messy on the public.

[...]

[...?]

Ah hell, I should be able to throw Easy together in like half an hour tonight then.
show more