forum

Skandinavien Collab Beatmap Project (Take 2) ♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Xytox

What is this?

This is a gigantic Touhou megamix collab which is a total of 40 minutes long. The cool idea is that people from all around Skandinavien come together and create a mega map which would break a new record in maximum combo obtainable in osu! (approved map-wise). The idea was brought up by CXu after we had some discussions about the former project which didn't get anywhere and ultimately died. That's why this is "(Take 2)".

When it started out, I was a bit unsure whether we would get anywhere or not, but it turns out a lot of people are pretty hyped up for this, and we "already" have 10 minutes drain time out of the entire 40 minute song, and progress is actually being made, believe it or not.

Is this just to break a new maximum combo in osu! hurrdurr?

Not really no. You could probably call it some kind of extra prize besides getting this approved, but it's not why we started this project at all. The main reason is mostly just to have fun and achieve something crazy. Getting a 40 minutes long song approved with maps from many different kinds of people is much harder than it sounds and requires a lot of effort and coordination. But even so, it's super cool to see so many people working together towards the same goal, especially when they're all from Skandinavien. If we could pull this off, imagine how proud our ancestors would be. The unity between our countries is legendary.

Cool, I want to map a part, so how do I join?

Post in the thread with the song you pick if you think you are a decent enough of a mapper. Obviously, as mentioned already, you have to be a part of Skandinavien. Unless you're a viking, you're not getting in here. You can see just below what songs there are, what they're called, what BPM they are, if they have been picked already and by who, and if the mapper who has picked the song is done with the part or not. You are allowed to change part later on if you want, and you can take someone else's part if they agree to give up on it.

And that's pretty much it, I guess. I'll edit in more things here if I forgot something or if needed.
Topic Starter
Xytox
- 14 songs
- Everyone picks their own song and then maps it
- Each song is 3-4 minutes each
- You should at least be decent at mapping if you consider to join
- You need to be a Scandinavian
- You're only allowed to place inherited lines
(Green ones)
- You cannot change any of the difficulty settings
- This will probably be the biggest combo map in osu! if it were to get approved
(Should be around 14000 combo in total)

Alright, we're managing to update this. WE IN THERE!

Map: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/137839
HP:7 CS:4 AR:9 OD:8 SV:1.8

1. DAY BREAKER - 165bpm - Liiraye (Done)
2. Imitation XXX - 165bpm - Saten (Done)
3. Miracle Hinacle - 162bpm - Xytox (Done)
4. Last Moments - 168bpm - AndreasHD & Saten collab (Done)
5. Spring of Dreams - 158bpm - Fuccho (Done)
6. Break the Chain - 164bpm - Liiraye (Done)
7. Border of life - 160bpm - CXu (Done)
8. Transient Like the Moonlight - 145bpm - Liiraye & Xytox collab
9. Night'n'NIGHT - 158bpm - Fuccho (Done)
10. Twinkle Twinkle - 154bpm - Xytox
11. Sympathy take me to darkness - 164bpm - Gyuunyu (Done)
12. Think of You - 164bpm - Kotayo (Done)
13. Believe Me - 162bpm - Gyuunyu
14. Don't Break Me Down - 163bpm - CXu (Done)
Saten
I pick

2. Imitation XXX - 165bpm
Zerzxes
9. Night'n'NIGHT - 158bpm

lets make this the next unforgiving
Topic Starter
Xytox
Dat Miracle Hinacle.
Kotayo
give me either 11, 12 or 14
not all 3 though :>

edit: this means i'm fine with changing if anyone else wants either of them
Topic Starter
Xytox
Then I'll give you an un-bolded name!
Looking forward to playing this. :)
-GN
which one is the shortest?
Topic Starter
Xytox
Not sure. 12 maybe? Many of them are pretty equal in length.
CXu
Aww my miracle hinacle :(
I'll pick something when I get back home.
Topic Starter
Xytox
Actually, if you really want it I could take Spring of Dreams instead. :D
CXu
Nah, actually I'll take 14. Don't Break Me Down I guess.
Liiraye
I think it's safe to fix the settings and start mapping now. If people won't sign up by the time we're done with our parts we can just pick new ones.
Zerzxes

Liiraye wrote:

I think it's safe to fix the settings and start mapping now. If people won't sign up by the time we're done with our parts we can just pick new ones.
Agreed
Topic Starter
Xytox
Alright, settings updated. Tried to upload the beatmap today, but the BSS seems to not work. It's acting very weirdly for me. Will try again tomorrow.
Kotayo
put my name in bold for nr12.
i'll start mapping once i'm done with my current map
Topic Starter
Xytox
Booptidoopti-done.
CXu
Sugoi desu!

Edit: Like 4 seconds later, I realised you posted about fixing the OP, not finishing your part. derp me.
CXu
p/2770399
It's probably too hard or smth.

Also, if there's a lack of people or something, I'd like to map Border of Life as well.
show more