forum

Mafia Mod Queue

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Amianki
This is the topic where all discussion and organization about modding mafia games will take place. Any comments, criticism, or suggestions on how to make the process better are welcomed and encouraged.

Currently, we are hoping to have two games (+1 minigame if the demand is high enough for a third at any given point) active at any time. If you wish to have a game queued up, post in here and you will be added to the list.

Keep in mind that you are not expected to be completely ready when you sign-up for the queue. Whenever your set-up is ready to be played, post in this topic and it will be marked as ready with a red asterisk (*). Minis will be marked as ready with a green asterisk (*) Whenever a new game is ready to be played, the next person to host a game will be the first person with a marked set-up in the list. If you are marked as ready and wish to be unmarked, simply say so and you will be unmarked in this post.

When you join the queue, try to include as much of the following information as you can: Name of the Set-Up, Amount of Players, Normal/Open/Semi-Open/Theme/UPick, and Backup/Co-Moderators.

As a last note... there are currently no limits to how many games you can have in the queue at one time, but please try to limit it to games you are definitely planning to host. Having eight different set-up ideas in the queue when you're not planning to use all of them makes the queue messy.

Addendum 1: If one person has multiple set-ups marked, they can be substituted for each other when they have the ability to start a new game.
Addendum 2: For the current mafia games, regular games will have a red asterisk. Mini games will have blue.
Addendum 3: Games will now be listed in the queue as bastard or not.

NOTE: If you want a game put in the mini queue, say it is a mini game when you sign up. I will not put it in the mini queue otherwise unless it is 7p or less.

• Current Mafia Games
  1. 1. *The Mafia Tree --- 13p --- Theme --- Sakura (Mod)
  2. 2. *Lovers Mafia --- 6p --- Open --- Navizel (Mod)
  • Upcoming Mafia Games
  1. 1. League of Legends --- 12p --- UPick --- Navizel (Mod)
  2. 2. *Bemani Private Gakuen Mafia --- 11p --- Normal --- Nyquill (Mod)
  3. 3. Steins;Gate Mafia --- 12p --- Theme --- rEdo (Mod)
  4. 4. *Cracking Idea Mafia --- 11p --- Semi-Open --- Zexion (Mod)
  5. 5. Post Restriction Mafia --- 9p --- Closed --- Zexion (Mod)
  6. 6. *WIFOM.exe --- 10p --- Theme --- Setsuen (Mod)
  7. 7. Touhou - Legacy of the Lunatic Mafia --- 10p --- Theme --- Sakura (Mod)
Mini Game Requirements
Any game which fit two of these criteria can be run as a mini game:

1. Set-ups that are meant to be fairly short in length.
2. Set-ups that have a small player count. (9p or less)
3. Set-ups that are easy to understand for new people, meaning no roles or mechanics that are non-standard.

• Upcoming Mini Games
  1. Carbon-14 --- 7p --- Open --- Ace Timing (Mod)
  2. Crazy Mafia --- 9p --- Theme --- Sakura (Mod) [BASTARD]
---

1. CalignoBot

Topic Starter
Amianki
Couple quick notes:

1. I removed NoHitter's queued game (#8 in the old queue) because as far as I can tell, his current ongoing game is essentially on there twice. If this was due to a misunderstanding, I can add the second game back to its old spot.

2. I'm planning on adding links to every game in the upcoming list to link to the post that announces the game. If anyone can help provide those links for the ones that are already there (since the person who announced it would have a better idea of when they posted it than I would), that would be very helpful.
Sakura
There, now it should be better.
Sephibro
hi
Topic Starter
Amianki
Go ahead and create your game topic. I'll add it to the ongoing list when it's up.
Nyquill
Can you pull me out of queue and I'll requeue with something else when I have something better in mind.
NoHitter
I planned on switching the two setups, so Unusual Mechanics was first before Groups in Town.
Topic Starter
Amianki
Understood. I'll readd the other one.
GuyInFreezer
Since mine was missed, I'll just repost.

In to mod Perpetual MyLo

- 7 Towns
- 5 Mafias

If town is lynched, mafia needs to sacrifice one of his partners at night.
If mafia is lynched, mafia can nightkill one of the townies.

Town wins if they lynch mafia three times.
Mafia wins if town mislynch three times.
Topic Starter
Amianki
Added. Are you prepared to host it whenever?
Sephibro
that setup looks pretty unbalanced in scum's favor
Topic Starter
Amianki
At first.

Then... town kind of gets a huge information and numbers advantage.
Sephibro
btw it looks fun, pre-in
GuyInFreezer

CalignoBot wrote:

Added. Are you prepared to host it whenever?
Yes.

CalignoBot wrote:

At first.

Then... town kind of gets a huge information and numbers advantage.
The last time it was run, it ended with perfect town win :P
Sephibro
3 spots left in Lupus in Tabula
did you want to in GiF?
pieguyn
/out crapshoot

keep the jester game in tehre. but I'm not ready to mod it yet. I'm in too many damn games =.=
LadySuburu
My mafia game is, indeed, actually ready. (The one I'm solo queued up for.)

Of course, I changed what I was going to do and it never got updated, but either way both potential games are ready whenever. I don't mind other ready games skipping me though because I really haven't been active in this community for a while.
Topic Starter
Amianki
I'll set the game as ready for now, but what was the other one you had proposed? I literally just copy pasted the list from the old queue.
LadySuburu
I had made a post in the thread saying I was changing Tower of Heaven mafia to Persona 4 mafia.

Either one is technically ready now.
Topic Starter
Amianki
I hadn't thought about this possibility, but I've added an addendum to the front post related to having multiple marked set-ups at the same time. Anyone who has concerns or comments about it are welcome to voice them; I only pushed it through without because it was immediately relevant.

Either way, you're set to start one of your two set-ups, LadySubaru.
show more