forum

The Prodigy - We Are The Ruffest

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
whymeman
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, November 15, 2009 at 12:25:05 AM

Artist: The Prodigy
Title: We Are The Ruffest
Tags: The Prodigy We Are The Ruffest NachoPiggy Shinde
BPM: 145
Filesize: 10193kb
Play Time: 03:00
Difficulties Available:
  1. Moderate (4.01 stars, 270 notes)
  2. Ruffest (5 stars, 628 notes)
  3. Tough (4.72 stars, 417 notes)
  4. Weakest (2.87 stars, 198 notes)
Download: The Prodigy - We Are The Ruffest
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
3rd Prodigy map.

Updates:

(10/18/09) Combobursts updated.
(10/20/09) Some SB touch ups and fixes. All difficulties with touch ups as well.
(10/23/09) More SB touch ups. [Moderate] remaped some.
(10/24/09) All maps edited with some touch ups. Some SB tweaks and song folder organizing and cleaning.
(10/30/09) Hitsounds in all difficulties adjusted. Some file changes: pause overlay and failed background replaced. Added 2 comboburst . Scorebar changes added.
(11/04/09) More SB touch ups. scorebar BG fixed with a slight edit.
(11/07/09) Credits added.
(11/??/09) Ranked.
Nachy
Managed to cut down the MP3 into 3MB and also added the fade out you wanted at the end.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?4kyzuntlwtq
Shinde
New combobursts, mod post later, star now.
James2250
All looks awesome to me
*star*
Topic Starter
whymeman
Thank you for checking into map.
Thunderstorm
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
whymeman
[Weakest]
I think slider tick rate 2 sounds better on this diff. (Done)

00:31:358 (3) - intended alightment? (Whoops. Fixed that)
Small suggestion - 00:36:737 (1) - maybe put in a line with 3? (1 tick to the left) (. . . Do'h. Fixed)
01:41:289 (6) - intended alightment? (Yes. Its to line it up diagnally with (5) and the end of the slider (4).)
01:55:151 (1,2) These 2 sliders sounds 1/2 late. But maybe i just misunderstand you're rhythm in this diff =) (I know its confusing, but I made sure to be careful with this part of the song since I kinda did a "reverse flow" of the beats to keep the pace in line.)

[Moderate]
Fine, but i'm voting for slider tick rate 2 again =) (Done)

[Tough]
Clear

[Ruffest]
N I C E =) I don't believe i can ever play this... x)

Overall - just great map =) Really good job. Star 4 you =)

Thanks for taking a look into the map.
blissfulyoshi
Weakest:
SPOILER
Normal mod:
01:55:15 (1,2) - I am a little afraid these notes would break the simple rhythm the player has been following since you usually had the sliders start where the phrase starts. I personally would shorten 1 and start 2 where 1 ends currently.

Combo mod:
00:19:77 (2) - new combo to follow the horn like 00:25:77 (1)
00:49:97 (2) - new combo for the rest of the area from here to the next break only contain one set of the pattern of beats.
01:40:25 (4) - new combo for the next line of lyrics? (might help in being consistent with to 02:06:11 (1))
01:56:80 (2) - new combo?

Moderate:
SPOILER
Combo mod:
00:19:15 (4) - new combo to follow the horn like 00:25:77 (1)
00:49:97 (2) - same as Weakest
01:56:60 (2) - new combo?

Tough:
SPOILER
The second speed up sb does not make much sense because the spacing in the section between the first and second speed ups is still the same even though the slider speed is slower, so basically, players will be moving just as fast except using sliders at rests.
Combo mod:
00:19:15 (5) - new combo (same reason as the other diffs)

Ruffest: fine, just some comments
You used a slightly different style of combos in the first few seconds of the map (look at the place where I asked you to a dd a new combo in the previous diffs). I am wondering why you did this.

The second speed up sb does not make much sense because the spacing in the section between the first and second speed ups is still the same even though the slider speed is slower, so basically, players will be moving just as fast except using sliders at rests.

Nice map. Star.
Topic Starter
whymeman

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Weakest: (Fixed)
SPOILER
Normal mod:
01:55:15 (1,2) - I am a little afraid these notes would break the simple rhythm the player has been following since you usually had the sliders start where the phrase starts. I personally would shorten 1 and start 2 where 1 ends currently.

Combo mod:
00:19:77 (2) - new combo to follow the horn like 00:25:77 (1)
00:49:97 (2) - new combo for the rest of the area from here to the next break only contain one set of the pattern of beats.
01:40:25 (4) - new combo for the next line of lyrics? (might help in being consistent with to 02:06:11 (1))
01:56:80 (2) - new combo?

Moderate: (Fixed)
SPOILER
Combo mod:
00:19:15 (4) - new combo to follow the horn like 00:25:77 (1)
00:49:97 (2) - same as Weakest
01:56:60 (2) - new combo?

Tough: (Fixed)
SPOILER
Combo mod:
00:19:15 (5) - new combo (same reason as the other diffs)

Ruffest: fine, just some comments (Fixed)
You used a slightly different style of combos in the first few seconds of the map (look at the place where I asked you to a dd a new combo in the previous diffs). I am wondering why you did this.

Nice map. Star.
Well about the speed ups. Even if between there doesn't really slow down, it does help to alert the player that there is a speed up section right after the break. I know [Ruffest] has a different style compared to the other 3, but it is because I was using more of the beats plus I wanted to try out something a bit different from the others to make it more interesting.
Blackiris
Pretty awesome.
"and my star..."
rust45
[Weakest]
I don't like 1/2 repeating sliders with notes right after them on easies cause I think it confusing noobs.

[Moderate]
01:39:001 (3) - Hard to see the note due to fading score burst.
01:58:046 (1,2,3,4) - Too confusing for a normal IMO.

[Tough]
Sliders get pretty ugly at the sped up parts but that's not a big deal

[Ruffest]
I can't tell if it's overmapped or a I suck too much, I'd choose the latter though.

Nice BG pics fap fap fap jk you get a star.
Topic Starter
whymeman

rust45 wrote:

[Weakest]
I don't like 1/2 repeating sliders with notes right after them on easies cause I think it confusing noobs. (Hmm.... well, i'll look into this difficulty again...)

[Moderate]
01:39:001 (3) - Hard to see the note due to fading score burst. (I couldn't find that problem you was talking about...)
01:58:046 (1,2,3,4) - Too confusing for a normal IMO. (Fixed)

[Tough]
Sliders get pretty ugly at the sped up parts but that's not a big deal (Well, the sliders for No Good was made a bit too simple so I thought they could use some shape ups to make it more harder.)

[Ruffest]
I can't tell if it's overmapped or a I suck too much, I'd choose the latter though. (Thanks for trying though)

Nice BG pics fap fap fap jk you get a star.
Thanks for checking into the map.
alvisto
Hi starry~~ <3

WEAKEST
Suggestion :
00:40:004 (1) - Make this spinner has very low volume soft timing section and add a clap to this spinner.

MODERATE
00:40:004 (1) - ^
02:16:087 (4) - Move to the previous white tick ?

TOUGH
The BG for this diff is so LOL

RUFFEST
This and TOUGH together, they are so hard.... xD

Star~
Topic Starter
whymeman

alvisto wrote:

Hi starry~~ <3

WEAKEST
Suggestion :
00:40:004 (1) - Make this spinner has very low volume soft timing section and add a clap to this spinner. (Done for all difficulties)

MODERATE
00:40:004 (1) - ^
02:16:087 (4) - Move to the previous white tick ? (I'll have to let this one stay.)

TOUGH
The BG for this diff is so LOL

RUFFEST
This and TOUGH together, they are so hard.... xD

Star~
Thanks for checking into the map.
WyndII
hi!
as promised x]

some suggestions...
Weakest
00:16:025 (1) - when i checked/click this, it goes upward. please check spacing.
02:50:039 (4) - recheck spacing
02:52:004 (4) - ^
02:47:496 - lower this section's volume a little.
02:07:977 - resnap notes here

Moderate
No probs found

Tough
iliekthis

Ruffest
...erom neve ti ekil I

rats~
sewer rats....they hold the secret of the universe
Topic Starter
whymeman
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Andrea
Mod Info's:

Green: Suggestions, you don't have to fix, your choice.
Orange: You don't have to fix too, but is better if you do it.
Red: You have to fix this for sure!

Starts Suggestions:

All seems fine.

[Weakest]

Fine~

[Moderate]

00:59:091 (1) - Remove new combo.
01:00:063 (5) - New combo.

[Tough]

00:19:015 (1) - Remove new combo.
00:20:059 (2) - New combo.

[Ruffest]

Awesome~
Topic Starter
whymeman

osuplayer111 wrote:

Mod Info's:

Green: Suggestions, you don't have to fix, your choice.
Orange: You don't have to fix too, but is better if you do it.
Red: You have to fix this for sure!

Starts Suggestions:

All seems fine.

[Weakest]

Fine~

[Moderate]

00:59:091 (1) - Remove new combo.
01:00:063 (5) - New combo.

[Tough]

00:19:015 (1) - Remove new combo.
00:20:059 (2) - New combo.

[Ruffest]

Awesome~
Thanks for the suggestions but I feel that i've found the right placement for the combos.
Sir Minelli
-Overall- When you start to play, the main bg appears and quickly afterwards the "special thanks bg" fades in.
It looks a bit forced. I would let the "special thanks bg" appear as soon as you start playing the map, and then fade out to the main bg.

[Weakest]

02:47:049 - Timing section volume changes, re-place it a couple of ticks backs and not right on top of the beat.

[Moderate]

02:47:049 - Timing section volume changes, re-place it a couple of ticks backs and not right on top of the beat.

[Tough]

02:07:077 - When compared to [Weakest] and [Moderate], this timing section here has no lowered volume. Do you want it like this? If not, then after you lower the volume do not forget to re-place the timing section a couple of ticks back.
02:21:001 - Timing section doesn't do anything.

[Rufest]

02:07:077 - When compared to [Weakest] and [Moderate], this timing section here has no lowered volume. Do you want it like this? If not, then after you lower the volume do not forget to re-place the timing section a couple of ticks back.
02:21:001 - Timing section doesn't do anything.
Topic Starter
whymeman

Sir Minelli wrote:

-Overall- When you start to play, the main bg appears and quickly afterwards the "special thanks bg" fades in.
It looks a bit forced. I would let the "special thanks bg" appear as soon as you start playing the map, and then fade out to the main bg. (I'll readjust it, though having the Credits appearing as the song has started already doesn't really give much veiw time plus the players would more more focused on playing than to bother reading it.)

[Weakest]

02:47:049 - Timing section volume changes, re-place it a couple of ticks backs and not right on top of the beat. (Done)

[Moderate]

02:47:049 - Timing section volume changes, re-place it a couple of ticks backs and not right on top of the beat. (Done)

[Tough]

02:07:077 - When compared to [Weakest] and [Moderate], this timing section here has no lowered volume. Do you want it like this? If not, then after you lower the volume do not forget to re-place the timing section a couple of ticks back. (This is set to disable to kiai.)
02:21:001 - Timing section doesn't do anything.(Its set to make the next speed up more reasonable from the Taiko Mode perspective.)

[Rufest]

02:07:077 - When compared to [Weakest] and [Moderate], this timing section here has no lowered volume. Do you want it like this? If not, then after you lower the volume do not forget to re-place the timing section a couple of ticks back. (This is set to disable to kiai.)
02:21:001 - Timing section doesn't do anything. (Its set to make the next speed up more reasonable from the Taiko Mode perspective.)
Also fixed the volume errors.
show more