forum

Weezer - Island in the Sun

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Puffles
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Thursday, February 14, 2008 at 7:44:24 PM

Artist: Weezer
Title: Island in the Sun
BPM: 114.44
Filesize: 3349kb
Play Time: 03:04
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.87 stars, 155 notes)
Download: Weezer - Island in the Sun
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
I think this is a perfect song for a relaxing, easy Ouendan level. Enjoy!

(The song is too simple for a harder level to be much fun. Let me know if you think this is ready to be ranked as it is!)

I'll work on my other beatmaps that have been sitting around forever now. ^^;

UPDATE: C-section slider spacing fixed.
Tapdancingmetroid
I don't see any serious problems, though the slider at 2:10:40 would likely throw off new players (and me :( ), as instead of only repeating once and then going to the note directly below it, it repeats twice.
thoughtbubbled anyway. :D
Topic Starter
Puffles

Tapdancingmetroid wrote:

I don't see any serious problems, though the slider at 2:10:40 would likely throw off new players (and me :( ), as instead of only repeating once and then going to the note directly below it, it repeats twice.
Hm? I'm not sure what you mean, since there is no note directly below that slider, and it only bounces back once.
Rolled
Excellent, and as much as I don't like ranking only easy songs I think you're right about other difficulties being hard to compile. I think you may get away with calling this normal though, but get one more opinion on that.

Only thing that bothers me a bit is the spacing of the slider(s) at 1:33:57 and all of the similar ones. The spacing is too close. I know ouendan pulls stuff like this sometimes, but I think the spacing here is a bit of a stretch. I'd like to see it spaced a bit further than the full beat hitcircles in the combo. After that, this is rankable.

Btw, excellent Ouendan feel with this song. That is what you were going for? Nice job.
Topic Starter
Puffles

Rolled wrote:

Only thing that bothers me a bit is the spacing of the slider(s) at 1:33:57 and all of the similar ones. The spacing is too close. I know ouendan pulls stuff like this sometimes, but I think the spacing here is a bit of a stretch. I'd like to see it spaced a bit further than the full beat hitcircles in the combo. After that, this is rankable.

Btw, excellent Ouendan feel with this song. That is what you were going for? Nice job.
Good suggestion; I've fixed the spacing. It's definitely much better now.

Yup, I was going for that classic Ouendan feel. Glad to see I achieved it!
Tapdancingmetroid

Puffles wrote:

Tapdancingmetroid wrote:

Hm? I'm not sure what you mean, since there is no note directly below that slider, and it only bounces back once.
oops... :oops:
I meant the slider at 2:13
D:
Topic Starter
Puffles
I really don't see what's confusing about that slider... at that point, that's the fourth time you're playing through the "1-123-12-1234-1" pattern, so it's pretty obvious that the pattern will continue in the same way. That entire section is just the same "1-123-12-1234-1" pattern, rotated 90 degrees each time.

Are you saying it's confusing every time it gets to the "1234" part, not just the instance at 2:13? That doesn't seem to make much sense either, because that part of the beatmap goes directly along with the strumming of the background guitar (which I'd imagine will guide players almost as effectively as the vocals do on the main parts), and therefore the slight jump backwards shouldn't really be counterintuitive enough to throw people off.

(I'm not trying to argue with you here, I'm just trying to understand your logic.)
Tapdancingmetroid

Puffles wrote:

I really don't see what's confusing about that slider... at that point, that's the fourth time you're playing through the "1-123-12-1234-1" pattern, so it's pretty obvious that the pattern will continue in the same way. That entire section is just the same "1-123-12-1234-1" pattern, rotated 90 degrees each time.

Are you saying it's confusing every time it gets to the "1234" part, not just the instance at 2:13? That doesn't seem to make much sense either, because that part of the beatmap goes directly along with the strumming of the background guitar (which I'd imagine will guide players almost as effectively as the vocals do on the main parts), and therefore the slight jump backwards shouldn't really be counterintuitive enough to throw people off.

(I'm not trying to argue with you here, I'm just trying to understand your logic.)
You're probably right. :(
Sorry, that's just me being stupid as usual, ignore it. It's fine.
Topic Starter
Puffles
I didn't mean any offense by it! And you're not stupid.

*huggle*~

Um... do you guys think this is rankable?
Rolled
Nice job fixing it up. I'm going to rank this. :)

Keep it up.

btw, to the people feeling this is too easy to rank, stack some of the new mods on top of it. Great fun :D

Still haven't S'd it.