forum

Camellia - Kisaragi [OsuMania]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-mint-
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, January 8, 2024 at 9:10:31 AM

Artist: Camellia
Title: Kisaragi
Tags: kamelcamellia cametek masaya oya かめるかめりあ かめてく 大箭将也 大箭マサヤ featured artist fa u.u.f.o uufo ultra ufo ctcd-021 ctcd-022 hardcore artcore dubstep train station きさらぎ駅 如月 electronic instrumental
BPM: 230
Filesize: 9083kb
Play Time: 05:45
Difficulties Available:
  1. Departure - 4Key (6.52 stars, 4729 notes)
Download: Camellia - Kisaragi
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
previous (#43) <-- Beatmap #44 --> next (#45)

I was on my way to the station to visit my friends for the new year. I hadn't seen them in a while, but I really couldn't say no to the invitation; I've been living in the city for years, and I've barely made any acquaintances. Everyone is just so closed off from each other.

The town was a long way away, so I took the time to mentally prepare myself for the journey. I had a checklist of things I made sure to have on me: my wallet, my keys, my phone, my bags, and a small collection of polaroids from when we were younger.

Despite my best attempts at trying to preoccupy myself, I couldn't shake the thought from my mind: how can I claim to seek a fresh start when I keep going back to the same old group of people? Why did I even move out to the city in the first place?

The wait at the station came and went, as I watched the train pull in and come to a full stop. The whirr of the doors opening echoed through my mind, taunting me while I searched for a seat. A lot of people were taking the train for the holidays, it seems. As the bright, vibrant orange of the urban sundown beamed into my eyes, I begrudgingly grasped my hand onto one of the hanging straps, clutching my bags and I anticipated the heavy rocking back and forth that was to befall me. "This shouldn't take long," I thought.

The doors closed shut, and thus began the most nauseating fifteen minutes of my life. As soon as the train started to move, I started eyeing out all the other passengers; if it weren't for my prior exhaustion, I would have been determined to dash straight for the first person to get up and leave. I could feel the city landscape slip by, just as my bags would slip from my hands. I quickly collected my things, as the train was making its first stop and a handful of people rose from their seats, and hurried to catch my breath. Suburban hillsides emanated from the windows, engulfing my field of view on all sides. I clasped my hands together on my bag and leaned in while closing my eyes.

It was as if the hills whispered in my ear, over the constant murmurs of the passengers and the rumbles of the train tracks. Keep those eyes closed, and you will be transported, they sighed. I obliged, and I soon found myself fast asleep.

--

A gentle nudge on my shoulder quickly lifts me from my catatonic state. It's pitch black. I turn to my left, and to my right, to find no one sitting beside me. In fact, it doesn't seem like there's anyone else in the train car with me, except a couple people who were asleep in the corner. A robotic voice announces, "Last stop, Kisaragi Station." The train comes to a halt, and my heart drops. Where... am I?

I hurry off the train onto an empty, dimly-lit platform. The gravity of my situation slowly sets in -- did I miss my stop? There's no way I was asleep for that long. What was that that I felt on my shoulder in the train just now?

There's no one around me. The people on the train are still asleep, and they haven't gotten off. My phone has no reception, so I can't open navigation or call for a ride.

Out of the corner of my eye, I catch a glimpse of a light bouncing off a payphone booth. I scuttle towards it and enter the booth. I quickly dial my friend. No one picks up.

I dial again. No answer.

Happy new year to me, I guess.

some spicy all-rounded LNs to close off the year. hope you enjoy :3

definitely one of my favorites from uufo, and i noticed there was yet to be a map of it that felt satisfactory, so i decided to take it upon myself

bg