forum

mania [x]k.ini function Manual

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
dekunuts_old
hi guys.

first,this post is hassou_tobii 's idea. (he working 90% very thanks ^-^)

this post is explain [x]k.ini files function list for you.

we hope we can help you guys//

caution:very-long scroll(x.x)

//Mania skin config function list
the description (yellow font colour) is written by tobii.

We hope you like this.
Nathanael
I think it would be better if you just link them instead of using the IMG BBcode.
Also, TouchFluffyTail has also a guide: p/2616912
Topic Starter
dekunuts_old

Nathanael wrote:

I think it would be better if you just link them instead of using the IMG BBcode.
Also, TouchFluffyTail has also a guide: https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/2616912

wow,that's post are very accurate! thanks for reply ^^
Kamikaze

Nathanael wrote:

Also, TouchFluffyTail has also a guide: https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/2616912
Yeah, but it's easier to find it here in case I forgot something(it took me some time to get to TouchFluffyTail's post a number of times), so thanks for it guys :D
Edit: Also I've got a question, can you set xk.ini to show specified maniastagedown.png? Because if you use it when you have custom columnwidth it resizes badly (I'd show screenshots, but unfortunately my computer broke orz)
xelivous

-Kamikaze- wrote:

Also I've got a question, can you set xk.ini to show specified maniastagedown.png? Because if you use it when you have custom columnwidth it resizes badly (I'd show screenshots, but unfortunately my computer broke orz)
do you mean "mania-stage-light.png", the thing that appears in columns above the hitbar?
you can't change that per key. You'll want to keep it it relatively simple if you want to scale the column's widths by a large amount, as it gets stretched to fit
Kamikaze

xelivous wrote:

-Kamikaze- wrote:

Also I've got a question, can you set xk.ini to show specified maniastagedown.png? Because if you use it when you have custom columnwidth it resizes badly (I'd show screenshots, but unfortunately my computer broke orz)
do you mean "mania-stage-light.png", the thing that appears in columns above the hitbar?
you can't change that per key. You'll want to keep it it relatively simple if you want to scale the column's widths by a large amount, as it gets stretched to fit
Nah, I've meant mania-stage-bottom, sorry for mistake
Xcrypt
nice guide
TouchFluffyTail

-Kamikaze- wrote:

Nathanael wrote:

Also, TouchFluffyTail has also a guide: p/2616912
Yeah, but it's easier to find it here in case I forgot something(it took me some time to get to TouchFluffyTail's post a number of times)
Yeah, should prolly have had my guide stickied in this sub forum so more people can actually see it. Especially since hardly anyone looks at the skinning stickies for standard, let alone for mania (especially since the main guide never got updated with the information).
kshkk
thank you for this guide it helps a lot :D
Reba
Very useful information. Thank you :)
Hehoooh

-Kamikaze- wrote:

mania-stage-bottom setting is not in xk.ini << you should edit mania-stage-bottom.png size with photoshop or etc to fit with the column size ( but, if you fit it with 7k column, when change to 4k, it will not fit , maybe osu need add some setting for it) < this is why osu!mania skinner not add mania-stage bottom to their skin (just my imagination) -,.-
and mania-stage-bottom can be animated right but, the speed of that animated can't be changed ( i change the number of AnimationFramerate in skin.ini still not work D: ) other element that can be animated is work fine (menu-back, lifebar)
Loctav
Stickied
Crono

dekunuts wrote:

hi guys.

This needs more info. Requesting boxes to explain for each of the other keys (4k, 5k, 6k, 8k) or at least some simple text to explain the functions a bit better.
Say someone decides to use thumbs instead of pinkys in 8k but are only used to the SC colour in the middle for thumbs and rely on colour co-ordination, they would then read the center and still use their index fingers to hit the center notes until the player can adapt to the new key bindings.

such as asdf jkl; :arrow: werv niop

I personally would like to learn how to do this but am slightly confused with the images.

So would the numbers be as such for the images?

4k: 0, 1, 2, 3 (8k is the same but mirrored?)

5k: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4

6k: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

7k is already defined in the images

8k: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Some confirmation of these would make things easier to understand, and an explanation on the long notes instead of relying only image and the text itself.

Still trying to find out how to change each stage of the LNs too.

Also linking skins with lots of custom features can be very helpful
Maino Zaki-
Thanks you very much ^^ i can edit my mania skin more beautiful
Hehoooh

Maino Zaki- wrote:

Thanks you very much ^^ i can edit my mania skin more beautiful

Nice ^_^
yossi2010
no matter what i change in the #k.ini and no matter in what skin it doesnt apply...
have someone encountered this?
i even reinstalled osu! and ofc i tried restarting the game/reapplying the skin.

please help thanks
Full Tablet

yossi2010 wrote:

no matter what i change in the #k.ini and no matter in what skin it doesnt apply...
have someone encountered this?
i even reinstalled osu! and ofc i tried restarting the game/reapplying the skin.

please help thanks
This guide is outdated, the functions described here are inside the skin.ini file, instead of the [x]k.ini files.
Hehoooh
^ you can edit it in skin.ini files. [k].ini file is not useful anymore.. :) :) instead of re-installed osu and restart osu/re-applying skin. :)
Topic Starter
dekunuts_old
i will check later this list..

ColumnSpacing:
LightingNWidth:
LightingLWidth:
ColumnRight:
BarlineHeight:
SeparateScore:
KeysUnderNotes:
SplitStages:
StageSeparation: