forum

Wiklund - The Digital Force

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Metroid
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Friday, January 29, 2010 at 6:52:28 PM

Artist: Wiklund
Title: The Digital Force
Tags: Chiptune Wing Beats Dusty
BPM: 160
Filesize: 11542kb
Play Time: 02:48
Difficulties Available:
  1. Heavy Force (4.8 stars, 371 notes)
  2. Magnetic Force (4.99 stars, 435 notes)
  3. Mega Force (4.97 stars, 434 notes)
  4. Opposing Force (4.09 stars, 203 notes)
  5. Weak Force (1.69 stars, 124 notes)
Download: Wiklund - The Digital Force
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
A Wiklund song for the Wiklund Wing Beats Project.

Accepting Guest Difficulties of any difficulty, Preferably a relax easy or normal difficulty.

Thanks to Luigihann for making the hitcombonumbers.
Thanks to Ultimate for coloring the BG.

1st upload - Initial Upload (Added in Heavy Force *Hard*)
2nd upload - Added in Dusty's difficuly. (Opposing Force)
3rd upload - Added in Magnetic Force - Yes a 4th difficulty.
4th upload - SB changes upon new BG.
5th upload - Added in Pass and Fail SB inplace of the normal Pass and Fail. - Also added in missing SB.
6th upload - Updated Opposing Force aka Dusty's Difficulty (Dusty found unsnaped beats.. HOW THE HELL DID I DO THAT?) :/
7th upload - Did most of Gen's suggestions, added in SliderWarning.PNG, and updated Opposing Force.
8th upload - Did most of Zekira's suggestions and changed the offset.
9th upload - Updated Opposing Force, did Dusty's suggestions, and added in Baby (Now Weak) Force.
10th upload - Some weird SB issue that I fixed... SliderWarning.png seems to likw to push itself to random spots under the 2 images in the background layer. - Updated Dusty's Difficulties. Updated YET again. And Again...

UNRANKEDf or 1/3 seciton issue...
Gah I feel crappy for getting my map unranked...
0_o
Remove Wiklund from tags, it isn't necessary to include anything in the other fields in the tags.

WuklindNeon.PNG - may want to fix your spelling here >_>

02:00:068 - 02:30:068 This should ALL be snapped to 1/3

Gotta say, awesome visuals :)

Would it be ok if I attempted to make a diff?
yeahyeahyeahhh
I'm feelin a diff too, but I'll chill until you get which diffs you want down.
Lokamp
Heavy Force
... amazing...

Mega Force
01:15:044 (7) - remove clap from this slider's repeat
01:46:019 (3) - end it with finish
02:02:087 (5) - move it a square up and a square right (grid level 3)

... brilliant storyboard, fine skin... THAT was awesomess. Take this star ;3
Doomsday
Blue = design/minor issues. you do not have to change these if you don't want to
Orange = moderate issues. it would be best if you change these, but you may be able to get away with not changing it
Red = major issues. you need to change these

Love that storyboard. Good job on that :)
Timing looks good

just as a general note for both difficulties, you seem to be sticking to 1/2 and 1/4 beats for the bit at 02:00:443. this isn't too bad when its on 1/2, but with 1/4 streams it feels very awkward. I'd map these bits in 1/3 instead. feels much better to me.

[HEAVY FORCE]

Its all good

[MEGA FORCE]

looks good

Nice map. Awesome storyboard. The only thing letting it down for me is that 1/3 bit, but otherwise good work :)

star'd
Topic Starter
Metroid

Doomsday93 wrote:

Love that storyboard. Good job on that :)
Timing looks good

just as a general note for both difficulties, you seem to be sticking to 1/2 and 1/4 beats for the bit at 02:00:443. this isn't too bad when its on 1/2, but with 1/4 streams it feels very awkward. I'd map these bits in 1/3 instead. feels much better to me.

star'd
I'll change that area after I see what I get in terms of guest difficulties, I have never mapped in 1/3 or 1/6 before...
Dusty
Lunah_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Metroid

Dusty wrote:

Is this OK?

Also, starred.

I only have 1 issue, it doesn't end with the other difficulties and the SB makes the map continue.

If it's possible, can you map more of the song to the same spot where the other difficulties end?

Also, if you can, can you position breaks to be similar to the other difficulties? It would fit the SB better.
Dusty
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Dusty
Mapped further. (The triplet section sounds awkward, though... Not sure what to do about that.)

Download: Wiklund - The Digital Force (Metroid) [dusty].osu
0_o
OK I'm not sure whether I'm gonna finish my diff anymore, so don't wait up for me :P
NoHitter
Add Dusty to the Tags since he contributed a guest difficulty
Topic Starter
Metroid
done.
Dusty
I went over my stuff again.

[Opposing Force]
I did a lot of stupid things like terrible stacks around 01:48:630 (1,2,3,4,1)ish.

Fixed version. Some notes are snapped to 1/3.
Download: Wiklund - The Digital Force (Metroid) [Opposing Force].osu

[Mega Force]
Check AIMod - Resnap all notes

[Magnetic Force]
Resnap all notes
Topic Starter
Metroid

Dusty wrote:

I went over my stuff again.

[Opposing Force]
I did a lot of stupid things like terrible stacks around 01:48:630 (1,2,3,4,1)ish.

Fixed version. Some notes are snapped to 1/3.
[attachment=0:c807f]Wiklund - The Digital Force (Metroid) [Opposing Force].osu[/attachment:c807f]

[Mega Force]
Check AIMod - Resnap all notes

[Magnetic Force]
Resnap all notes

Updated and the notes in my difficulties are snapped to a 1/4 divisor...
Dusty
Yes, but they're not snapped correctly. Magnetic Force, especially, has unsnapped notes nowhere near where I put 1/3 snap.
Topic Starter
Metroid
Thanks for showing me... I Have NO clue how that happened...
Gens
[General]
  1. Oh, yes, you'll obviously need an easier difficulty, but hey I might be able to do one for you...
  2. IMO MP3 should be cut, but... redoing the SB with a new offset will be a lot of pain to do. So I'm guessing you won't do it.
[Opposing Force]
  1. Some stuff is kinda confusing, for example 01:48:630 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1). I don't know if this is really serious, but I'd like it to be more clear.
  2. Also, I'm not very fond of the slow slider velocity used.
[Heavy Force]

02:24:068 - This section must go in 1/3! The same should apply to the previous section.

[Magnetic Force]

01:10:568 (1) - Maybe storyboard a warning for this slider? I don't like 2x'd sliders...

[Mega Force]

02:24:068 - This section must go in 1/3! The same should apply to the previous section.

~ ~ ~

Yeah, the map itself is fine, just those little things.
Dusty

Gens wrote:

Some stuff is kinda confusing, for example 01:48:630 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1). I don't know if this is really serious, but I'd like it to be more clear.
You're right, it sucks. I'll go fix that.
Along with 02:26:943 (1,2,1,2) and 02:37:568 (1,2,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4).

Gens wrote:

Also, I'm not very fond of the slow slider velocity used.
If someone makes an easier diff I might up it to 1.2-1.4
show more