forum

Younha - Houkiboshi

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MaxwellDemon
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, April 27, 2008 at 1:05:29 PM

Artist: Younha
Title: Houkiboshi
BPM: 154.66
Filesize: 4842kb
Play Time: 03:01
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (3.03 stars, 266 notes)
  2. Normal (4.38 stars, 333 notes)
  3. Hard (4.62 stars, 370 notes)
Download: Younha - Houkiboshi
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Houkiboshi from Bleach. XD

Created in kind of a stepping stone kind of sense, so there isn't much variation between the difficulties except for having the difficult beats out of the way. :P

EDIT: BG change since the mods were saying seeing bare-chest men was scarring them. :P
mtmcl
BPM 154.65
Offset 380

Resnap, recalc, and you'll probably still have some work ahead of you getting those markers in the right time. While you're at it, you should really check it over with distance snap. Maybe it's just me or maybe it's the faulty timing, but I struggled a lot with the proportions of the spaces between markers.
Topic Starter
MaxwellDemon
Fixed the timing and stuff... spacing wise however... you'll need to be more clear about what exactly you are uncomfortable about, as you can see, I clearly have no problem with my map. But you are the mod, so you point me to the right direction. :P

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I just remembered you told me that easy mode was very shabby and I agree with that. But personally, I have no idea how to make easy mode for this map properly, so if you got anything to add to that, I'll appreciate it. :P
P-Drogan
It could be me, but some of your beats in easy mode are off-sync and i think the sliders are a bit too fast.
maybe you can try setting the beat divisor to 1/4 and play the song at around 0.40x~0.85x speed, Listern Carefully to the song, especially the vocals.
you might find the problem (or problems).

hope that helps.
Topic Starter
MaxwellDemon

P-Drogan wrote:

It could be me, but some of your beats in easy mode are off-sync and i think the sliders are a bit too fast.
maybe you can try setting the beat divisor to 1/4 and play the song at around 0.40x~0.85x speed, Listern Carefully to the song, especially the vocals.
you might find the problem (or problems).

hope that helps.
Ahahaha, as I said, easy mode is shabby. Go try hard, you'll find the beats to be a lot better. To me, there are TOO many pronounced beats, thus if I do that, easy mode will end up becoming not really quite easy mode. Thanks for your comment anyway.

EDIT: And yes, the slider will be a tad too fast for easy mode, but in my opinion, it is perfect for normal and hard. :P

EDIT 2: As suggested by P-Drogan, I fixed the velocity of the sliders for hard and normal mode (as relax mode wasn't really "relax" with its current speed), so, thanks for the suggestion on that... as for easy mode, I am considering scrapping it. So, no changes had been made on that.

EDIT 3: Completely revamped easy mode.
chan
As discussed, I think the beats in easy aren't really following anything in particular (vocals, rhythm). Attached is what I think would work a bit better with regards to rhythm/timing of notes. Bear in mind that I have not bothered with note placement, and I also took some liberty in chopping/extending sliders.

Also, I'm not sure if you want to have triplets in the easy version, but that's up to your discretion.

Without further ado:Download: Younha - Houkiboshi (MaxwellDemon) [Easy].osu

Also, regarding hard, it generally looks like all the notes occur on a blue tick are 1/4 of a beat early. This holds true for the first few combos, but I didn't compare it with the rest of the beatmap.
Topic Starter
MaxwellDemon
Thanks chan for the easy beatmap and his take on it. >_<;

Fixed the placements on it, revised hard... if everything is okay with those two, I'll start working on normal. XD
chan
I've had a change of heart regarding the timing of beats for easy. It's not a difficult map as is, but I think a lot of the off-beats are really tricky for beginners (for me too!).

I've uploaded a revision which has most notes occurring on a beat, I think the rhythm would be much more intuitive for a beginner. Also I've completely disregarded beat placement as before :)

One final note, I think you should have a matching slider velocity and distance/beat spacing multiple.
Download: Younha - Houkiboshi (MaxwellDemon) [Easy].osu
Topic Starter
MaxwellDemon
Fixed beat placement again and thanks for helping me map easy mode again. XD

Anyway... um... should the slider velocity be faster or slower?
mtmcl
I don't know about velocity. But those first short sliders in easy mode are either too fast or too short.
Topic Starter
MaxwellDemon
So... slower sliders in easy mode? :P

EDIT: On another note, fixed normal and some stray offbeats in hard mode... I'll take a look into easy mode (again) later on when I get time. XD

EDIT 2: Scratch Normal... it sounds disgusting right now. Will fix later. XD

EDIT 3: Fixed Normal.
chan
I checked out your easy version again. I meant that if you are using distance spacing of 0.5x, then use a slider velocity of 0.5.

The current uploaded version of easy has a 1.40 slider velocity. However, the sliders in the verse are too short (they should last for 1/2 a beat). I think you should change the slider velocity to 0.5 and then rework the sliders in the choruses, since these were originally made with the 1.40 slider velocity setting. I recommend you delete all the choruses except 1, edit the sliders in that and copy paste.
Topic Starter
MaxwellDemon
0.5 for those short sliders work okay-ish... but it seems too slow for the chorus. ;(
chan
Well you can only have one slider velocity for a song, so if you want to have a matching slider velocity and distance snapping multiplier, you'll either have to change the sliders in the chorus or change the distance snapping for the whole song. You can have the slider velocity at 1.4 and the distance snapping at say 0.5 or something, but I don't think it's sensible to have a beatmap with these kind of discrepancies. I'd be a bit more comfortable if you were to have matching or similar numbers (like 1.2 slider velocity and 1.0 distance snapping), but maybe you should check with some other mods on this issue, since I'm just speaking for myself here.
James
After reading the thread..
I still don't get it!! :(

You guys happened to talked about easy?

Download: Younha - Houkiboshi (MaxwellDemon) [Easy].osu
Topic Starter
MaxwellDemon

James wrote:

After reading the thread..
I still don't get it!! :(

You guys happened to talked about easy?
What do you not get? XD

... is his version okay? Or does slider's velocity still bugs the mods? :o

... I think my ears rusted again. XD
James
Its all good, you just need to extend the short sliders by a bit and it will be fine.
Topic Starter
MaxwellDemon
How exactly do I lengthen the short sliders? :o
By dragging it out or increasing slider velocity (which is a bad thing according to chan)? XD
Sinistro
You drag it further, I believe. If anything, increasing slider velocity will make the slider finish faster/earlier, i.e. make it shorter.
James

MaxwellDemon wrote:

By dragging it out?
Yes. This is what people usually do.

or increasing slider velocity
Yes. This can also lengthen the slider but It will ruin the other difficulties using the old slider velocity. You will have to change all difficulties if you try to change the slider velocity on one difficulty.
show more