forum

Gummibar - Gummy Bear Song

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mifune24
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Thursday, March 27, 2008 at 7:49:20 AM

Artist: Gummibar
Title: Gummy Bear Song
BPM: 128
Filesize: 9331kb
Play Time: 03:06
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.37 stars, 198 notes)
  2. Normal (2.84 stars, 295 notes)
  3. Hard (4.69 stars, 485 notes)
  4. Insane (4.9 stars, 620 notes)
Download: Gummibar - Gummy Bear Song
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
*pop*
Rolled
Great job. I had this beatmap in progress too, about 35% done. We had a few similarities in our map too which is cool. I request you add the video from youtube to the song, and pick some matching colors (from the vid)

Until that I will star.

attatching my file just incase you/anybody else is curious about it. The lyrics to the first line was just me playing around with storyboarding. Feel free to take any ideas from it, if you'd like.

edit: nevermind can't attatch .osz. So only if you're really curious you could just extract it to your folder and rename the mp3 in my .osu file. Can't see the storyboarding either, though :(

Download: 01.I Am A Gummy Bear (The Gummy Bear Song) (Rolled) [Hard].osu
Topic Starter
Mifune24
We can read each other's minds!

Back then I was thinking of doing a beatmap for Offspring's Pretty Fly for a White Guy, but I didn't know how to add a video, so I didn't bother. I'm glad SOMEONE did (and real fun beatmap too). ;)

Thanks. I've customized the colors and added a video, because everyone deserves to see gummi booty.
Rolled
We have similar tastes, i think :P

But anyways, the video looks a bit too early. I am horrible with video offsets due to lag etc, though =/ Toy with it a bit. Also, can you add a bit of an audio lead? Do that before you mess with the offset though.
Topic Starter
Mifune24
Alrighty, I gave it some audio lead. But how do you change the video offset?

Note: There's a bunch of versions of this song, and there isn't an official video of the version I'm using, so some things are bound to be off.
awp

Mifune24 wrote:

But how do you change the video offset?
In the .osu file, search for "thevideo.avi" (replace thevideo with whatever you named the video) - should be under [Events] or something like that. There'll be a couple numbers preceeding the video filename string - I believe it's the SECOND number that you wanna mess with (it represents the starttime of the video in milliseconds) but don't hold me to it; it might be the first. Either way, play around with that, save .osu, and Revert To Last Saved within the editor to update it when testing synchronization.
Topic Starter
Mifune24
It won't let me open the osu file. :(
James
Right click > Open with > notepad.
Topic Starter
Mifune24
Ahh...

Thanks guys for clearing that up. I was stumped on that for a while.

Fixed the video offset. Sync should be all good now.
James
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Mifune24
Here ya go, neat freak. I did everything except:

At Hard:
00:15:79 - Placing seems too far for the next beat to hit?
I'll leave it there. Just to keep you on your toes.

At Hard:
02:14:19 - Change the streams by 2's? It just looks cooler that way. But kinda confusing.
Only because I have no idea what that means. :o

All of easy, normal, and hard's sliders are curved. I didn't bother with insane, because insane will be insane.
James
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
chan
I played through all versions (boy am I sick of this song) and they all seem ok except for the jump in hard @ 00:16:52. Noticed I'm not the only one who wasn't satisfied with this distance spacing. Could you reconsider making the combo closer to the end of the previous slider?

I have no real qualms otherwise. Well, I'm not thrilled with the song, but I don't think that's important.
Topic Starter
Mifune24
Don't worry, your suffering is almost over. :twisted:

Moved the combo on hard so it's closer now.
James
I'm not sure about this, but have you tried 1507 offset?
Any mods can confirm on this one?
peppy

James wrote:

I'm not sure about this, but have you tried 1507 offset?
Any mods can confirm on this one?
I think you're being a bit too picky here. I'm actually happy with the current offset, and the difference to yours is so small i can't tell the difference really (but is does seem slightly early... BUT DONT WORRY ITS ONLY 16ms)

Great map as always mifune. Ranked.
Saturos
This has destroyed both my ears and eyes.
James
GUMMY BEAR *pop*
Topic Starter
Mifune24

Saturos wrote:

This has destroyed both my ears and eyes.
It could've been worse. It could've been Crazy Frog.

Thanks for the rank guys.
EiJi
Good job.

FYI, Soft soundset sounds hella better for this song IMO.
show more