forum

Hitomi Yaida - Over the distance

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mattyu007
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on March 31, 2008 at 9:53:44 PM

Artist: Hitomi Yaida
Title: Over the distance
BPM: 184
Filesize: 3630kb
Play Time: 02:39
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (2.1 stars, 124 notes)
  2. Normal (2.92 stars, 130 notes)
  3. Hard (4.39 stars, 183 notes)
  4. Insane (4.39 stars, 183 notes)
Download: Hitomi Yaida - Over the distance
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Well, this is my first beatmap, it's the Ouendan 1 "Over the Distance" song. :D Hope you enjoy!

New version (2008-03-21 9:44 PM EST): meh, got the boops and bops and whatever in insane mode but it sounds really wierd............
EDIT: Nevermind, just going to do this version without boops and beeps for now....It's confusing me too much. I WILL add then later though...(If it works)

Another new version (2008-03-21 11:55 PM EST) Well, another update......changed some of the beat placements and make Insane difficulty a little easier (by request) XD

Stupid fixes (2008-03-22 2:26 PM EST) Fixed the upside-down heart in Hard mode and added some sounds in Insane mode (doesn't work very well yet........)

Final change, hopefully (2008-03-28 8:01 PM EST) Added boops for all difficulties and added background picture

Change (2008-03-31 9:53 PM EST) Fixed the heart sliders to look more like hearts and lowered boop and ring volume
James
Wow, your map seems almost perfect for me.
Great job on your first map.

But maybe you can change your offset to 2,513.
This applies to all your difficulties.

AND if you did change your offset, do Rolled's 4Rs.

Rolled wrote:

Resnap, Recalc, Replay, Resubmit
Bubbled?

EDIT: Oh, your big circle slider doesn't look like a circle, it looks like a coconut. :D
Echo
If you just change the offset, all you need to do is Select All and shift. You don't need to resnap or anything.

Now, about the map: a very good imitation of the original. A few things though:

In my opinion, the insane difficulties are a little bit on the hard side. The circle size isn't really that small when you compare it to the size of the window. I'd shift both circle size and overall down by one notch.

The other thing is the boops in the original. An reconstruction of the original must have the boops!
http://up.ppy.sh/files/ouendansfx.rar has all the Ouendan 1 sound files. The boops are hitspc_4.wav and hitspc_5.wav. There are instructions on adding custom sounds here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=729

peppy
What was said above. I feel you wouldn't go too far off increasing the offset to about 2,520.
Topic Starter
mattyu007

Echo49 wrote:

If you just change the offset, all you need to do is Select All and shift. You don't need to resnap or anything.

Now, about the map: a very good imitation of the original. A few things though:

In my opinion, the insane difficulties are a little bit on the hard side. The circle size isn't really that small when you compare it to the size of the window. I'd shift both circle size and overall down by one notch.

The other thing is the boops in the original. An reconstruction of the original must have the boops!
http://up.ppy.sh/files/ouendansfx.rar has all the Ouendan 1 sound files. The boops are hitspc_4.wav and hitspc_5.wav. There are instructions on adding custom sounds here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=729

:lol: I couldn't find the boops when I first did the beatmap so...yeah... XD Thanks for the advice though....I'm editing the beatmaps as we speak (well, not really speak but uhh....never mind)
LuigiHann
I keep telling* peppy he should make the boop sound one of the default sound options for soft sets :P

*okay I only mentioned it once or twice, but still

EDIT: Oh, also, I think you should use timing sections or whatever to use the normal sounds for the heavier part of the song. Pretty sure that's how it is in the game; soft sounds during verses, regular sounds during the chorus.
Topic Starter
mattyu007

LuigiHann wrote:

EDIT: Oh, also, I think you should use timing sections or whatever to use the normal sounds for the heavier part of the song. Pretty sure that's how it is in the game; soft sounds during verses, regular sounds during the chorus.
hmmm...maybe I should try that
peppy

LuigiHann wrote:

I keep telling* peppy he should make the boop sound one of the default sound options for soft sets :P
Thing about that is they are pitch-matched to the songs in ouendan. Its easy enough to make some of these sounds yourself if you want to, anyways:).
Topic Starter
mattyu007
peppy, is it possible to get just the whistle sound playing (the lower boop) without the "normal" hit sound (the higher boop) during drags or some beats?
peppy

mattyu007 wrote:

peppy, is it possible to get just the whistle sound playing (the lower boop) without the "normal" hit sound (the higher boop) during drags or some beats?
make one boop whistle and one boop finish. make the normal sound a soft hit or even a silent file.
Topic Starter
mattyu007
*reboots into Windows to fix beatmap*
LuigiHann
The sounds seem good so far. You should change the soft-slidertick to a boop sound too, and then you should be set. The sounds during the chorus are fantastic.
Topic Starter
mattyu007
thanks! I don't think I can beatmap this week unless I fix my Windows partition....it's really messed up! It can't open an explorer window without freezing......So I'm deleting it and going to re-install windows onto it when i get the time (probably next weekend or tomorrow...)

And, the sliders actually boop for some of them and high boop for some of them..........Maybe i'll just do all low boops for soft and leave it as is for the normal beats section
Topic Starter
mattyu007
ok lol...I tried with the low boop as the slidertick and it sounds really wierd....I tried the hign boop, also sounds really wierd. I think I'll just leave the sliderticks as is......
Frost_old
So when is the song gonna be ranked?
Echo
We need custom sounds for each part of a slider *looks at peppy*
eirrol
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
mattyu007

Echo49 wrote:

We need custom sounds for each part of a slider *looks at peppy*
Lol, it's not different part of the slider, it's different sliders in the same section..... :)
*also looks at peppy*

Frost wrote:

So when is the song gonna be ranked?
Soon? o.O

eirrol wrote:

I'll download this later!
Thanks! :lol:
peppy
Offset 2578? +30ms for all offsets?
Topic Starter
mattyu007
huh :shock: