forum

F.I.R. - Lydia

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Fruit_old
This is my second released beatmap,
which is also a song in Mandarin, played by a band called F.I.R.

Again I tried my best to make this beatmap playable. Enjoy.

This is a bit harder than my previous beatmap (Jay's Tornado), and have few good sliders.

(9 Oct 2007)
The song is made easier!! Some harder zones are made simpler with either fewer notes or replacement of sliders.
New Version here (package with song)
TIPS: An attachment containing only .osu file is below

I replaced the old version one with this, so some users downloaded previous version using IE may find it the same. In this caes, use flashget, bitcomet to download or clear the temporary internet file folder. thanks

(8 Oct 2007)
I changed the offset of the song and replaced some notes, I hope it will be better.

This is not the final version, and I will improve this beatmap when comments are given to me. =)
eyup
Excellent map! Very enjoyable to play and challenging. I guess it helped that I already knew the song though. But you've incorporated a lot of variety in there and it never feels repetitive at all. Great work!

If you're going to improve it further, maybe have a look at the offset - it sounded a little off to me, but only by a bit. Try play the song at 0.5x and see if that helps tune in the exact offset.

Nice mapping of a nice song!
eyupz
Topic Starter
Fruit_old
Thanks eyup's comments!
I have corrected the offset from 300 to 350 and it seems much better. Your method is good for fine tuning (playing the song at 0.5x and listen carefully)
I will upload it later, with minor changes on positioning of some notes.
Topic Starter
Fruit_old
The new one is ready, on the top post. Please enjoy. :)
Extor
Very nice song and beatmap. With the fixed .osu I don't see any problem with the timing now.

The drain rate was killing me though, I manage to complete but with 2 misses I got the health bar at the half. :S
But that makes the beatmap more challenging, and it isn't very hard either.

Congrats on this one!
Topic Starter
Fruit_old
A newer beatmap is available again. Check the top post =)
peppy
fruit - just something to consider: when you make a change to your beatmap, a lot of people will be *very* thankful if you attach the .osu file to your forum post (using the phpbb attachment function). That way they don't have to re-download the full osz package :).
Topic Starter
Fruit_old

peppy wrote:

fruit - just something to consider: when you make a change to your beatmap, a lot of people will be *very* thankful if you attach the .osu file to your forum post (using the phpbb attachment function). That way they don't have to re-download the full osz package :).
oh sorry for that :oops:
Uploading it now~ :D
Extor
Ok. This one is now Officially and Official Song! XD

Gratz fruit and keep up the good beatmaps (and the great selection of songs!).

*Adds*
Alace
Oh man
who add the -40ms online offset lol